postLoader4

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by stfour, Jun 30, 2011.

1. BITBURGER

BITBURGER GBAtemp Regular

Dec 5, 2014
    Netherlands
    Kerkrade
    Helo why is postloader without wiird debugger or is it somewhere hide????

2. daxtsu

daxtsu GBAtemp Guru

Jun 9, 2007

postLoader only serves as a front-end to other USB loaders, IIRC, so if you want to use cheats with Wii games, you'll have to configure them with whatever loader you've chosen.

3. BITBURGER

Dec 5, 2014
    Netherlands
    Kerkrade
    ow okay but 1 problem ahead Nintendont is selectable but gamecube games not see in the list
    it tels me refresh youre cache but after than no games :(
    how i solved this problem.?

4. game_rat

game_rat Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 7, 2011
    United States

Daxtsu, I finally had an opportunity to thoroughly test this dol and I have confirmed that the neek2o features are not present.

From the real nand (priiloader - priibootergui - postloader) I can launch neek2o and boot into my emunand but the neek2o nand switching functionality isn't present. Also, the bottom left corner display says 4.7.96 "uneek", not "neek2o".

Again, sorry for the delay in testing. I can test going forward if you choose to make any additional changes.

5. BITBURGER

Dec 5, 2014
    Netherlands
    Kerkrade
    yeah okay man but when you start postloader the gecko connect icoon is right below the program also the wifi connect
    why is that for than?
    when it not work its still inside a little strange i think :(

6. daxtsu

daxtsu GBAtemp Guru

Jun 9, 2007
    It's merely there to show you that a USB Gecko is connected, and that postLoader is ready to receive dol or zip files containing a dol over Wiiload.

7. gmantermin8er

gmantermin8er Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 14, 2015
    United States
    I have Postloader 4.7.2, and every time I launch the application, it freezes at the "Please wait" screen. I copied the meta, boot, and icon to the apps folder for the HBC, but this still doesn't work. Is there anything else I needed to do before actually launching the application?

8. daxtsu

daxtsu GBAtemp Guru

Jun 9, 2007
    I finally decided to hack my Wii U's vWii mode, and noticed that the plforwarder wad doesn't work, but a quick Google search lead me to a topic by FIX94 who has an updated NAND loader .app file. Long story short, the forwarder channel will work on the Wii U with the next update, whenever I get around to it. Returning to postLoader from homebrew applications doesn't seem to work on vWii either (i.e., they return to the system menu instead of postLoader), that also needs some investigation.

9. shoust

shoust Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 14, 2009
    Hi daxtsu, I know this is slightly offtopic but a couple of years back you helped provide a fix to the NES and SNES emulators(GC controller fix), however I'm trying to use the plugin provided for postloader/wiiflow instead.. however they pre-date the fixes, I've tried to compile an updated plugin for it but I can't seem to get anywhere, I've forked the wiiflow mod so you can see the change to the SNES one here and the NES one here .

Any chance you could give it a go?

10. shadoom

shadoom GBAtemp Regular

Sep 14, 2009
    Taiwan
    Is it true that postloader has a channel limit of 1024?
    I'm asking because I added lots of Channels to my neek nand, when i have more than 1024 it gives a kernel panic (DSI Errors I believe).

Last edited by shadoom, Jul 31, 2015
  11. wailer247

wailer247 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 29, 2015
    United States
    I'm having an issue. I'm booting postloader 4.7.6 from the neek2o environment. I have just upgraded from version 4.6.0. Everything worked in version 4.6.0. Now, when I go to the Wii games section, I get an exception, and the Wii resets. Also, I'm unable to access my real NAND from within postloader, even though AHPBROT is enabled. Any help is greatly appreciated.

12. CoolkcaH

CoolkcaH Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 22, 2005
    Just installed Postloader using the "Masterpiece" by Abz and Wii games don't appear...they work in Wiiflow though.
    In Postloader it keeps saying "No games found". I rebuilt the cache and restarted.

13. spanishnerd

spanishnerd Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 8, 2009
    hello,

retroarch crashes when i run it from postloader (stays in a black screen for a moment then blinks a green screen and resets the console) but it runs fine from the hbc. could someone please help me?

14. AbdallahTerro

AbdallahTerro da KiNG

Jan 14, 2012
    Ideas factory :)
    Everything working fine here, tested wii games in PL4 using both CFG and Wiiflow

15. game_rat

game_rat Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 7, 2011
    United States
    I've been unsuccessful with getting neek2o functionality to work with the daxtsu versions of Postloader. Can someone confirm if their version of 4.7.95 or 96 can use the neek2o options below?

With 4.7.4 I have the option to launch emunand channels in neek2o mode. I use this option for a handful of games but the option isn't present for me in 4.7.96.

With 4.7.4, when I boot into neek2o, I have the option to "change current neek2o nand" in the Postloader config menu. I also see "neek2o" listed in the bottom left corner. In version 4.7.96, I do not see the "change current neek2o nand" option and the lower left corner only says "neek".

Is anyone else experiencing the same?

16. Hipno

Hipno Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 16, 2017
    United States
    Is there any way to autoboot back to postloader from the return to wii menu button?
    Postloader is great but it's a bit inconvenient to have to reload PL from Neek2o every time you exit a game.

17. game_rat

game_rat Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 7, 2011
    United States
    A
    If you install the neek2obooter.app on your neek2o nand, you will go back to Postloader after exiting a game.

18. Hipno

Hipno Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 16, 2017
    United States
    I have the neek2obooter.app file on my drive but how would I go about installing it? Also does Postloader act as a forwarder and check the directories in wiiflow for its games list or does it use its own separate directories?

19. game_rat

game_rat Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 7, 2011
    United States
    I put the official instructions for the neek2obooter.app file in the spoiler tag below. You will have to find your system menu app file, the instructions use "0000009b.app" as an example. You will need to rename it to sysmenu.app and then rename neek2obooter.app to 0000009b.app.

Warning: Spoilers inside!

20. bengalih

bengalih Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 28, 2009
    United States
    I built a sneek configuration with the latest ModMii and am able to launch it successfully using bootmii folder.
    But when I launch postloader (4.7.4) it says it can't create configuration data and exits.

I'm not 100% sure how postloader is meant to read the SD card itself when running in sneek mode (since the NAND is running from the SD).
    However even with my USB drive plugged in, it is unable to detect the FAT32 (first) partition.

How/what would be the correct steps to have a sneek/sneek+DI configuration that can properly run?