Homebrew postLoader4

BITBURGER

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
ow okay but 1 problem ahead Nintendont is selectable but gamecube games not see in the list
it tels me refresh youre cache but after than no games :(
how i solved this problem.?

game_rat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. Well, if this is correct, then I can only guess that libsicksaxis doesn't work with emuNANDs. I'll look through the code next time I'm updating postLoader to see how it detects emuNAND/neek mode, and probably just disable libsicksaxis while running under emuNAND. That'd be the easiest solution, but not the ideal one.

Edit: emuNAND/neek2o users, please try this build, I've attempted to skip using DS3 controllers when in emuNAND/neek2o mode.

Daxtsu, I finally had an opportunity to thoroughly test this dol and I have confirmed that the neek2o features are not present.

From the real nand (priiloader - priibootergui - postloader) I can launch neek2o and boot into my emunand but the neek2o nand switching functionality isn't present. Also, the bottom left corner display says 4.7.96 "uneek", not "neek2o".

Again, sorry for the delay in testing. I can test going forward if you choose to make any additional changes.

BITBURGER

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
postLoader only serves as a front-end to other USB loaders, IIRC, so if you want to use cheats with Wii games, you'll have to configure them with whatever loader you've chosen.

yeah okay man but when you start postloader the gecko connect icoon is right below the program also the wifi connect
why is that for than?
when it not work its still inside a little strange i think :(

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
yeah okay man but when you start postloader the gecko connect icoon is right below the program also the wifi connect
why is that for than?
when it not work its still inside a little strange i think :(

It's merely there to show you that a USB Gecko is connected, and that postLoader is ready to receive dol or zip files containing a dol over Wiiload.

gmantermin8er

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have Postloader 4.7.2, and every time I launch the application, it freezes at the "Please wait" screen. I copied the meta, boot, and icon to the apps folder for the HBC, but this still doesn't work. Is there anything else I needed to do before actually launching the application?

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I finally decided to hack my Wii U's vWii mode, and noticed that the plforwarder wad doesn't work, but a quick Google search lead me to a topic by FIX94 who has an updated NAND loader .app file. Long story short, the forwarder channel will work on the Wii U with the next update, whenever I get around to it. Returning to postLoader from homebrew applications doesn't seem to work on vWii either (i.e., they return to the system menu instead of postLoader), that also needs some investigation.

shoust

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi daxtsu, I know this is slightly offtopic but a couple of years back you helped provide a fix to the NES and SNES emulators(GC controller fix), however I'm trying to use the plugin provided for postloader/wiiflow instead.. however they pre-date the fixes, I've tried to compile an updated plugin for it but I can't seem to get anywhere, I've forked the wiiflow mod so you can see the change to the SNES one here and the NES one here .

Any chance you could give it a go?

shadoom

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
Is it true that postloader has a channel limit of 1024?
I'm asking because I added lots of Channels to my neek nand, when i have more than 1024 it gives a kernel panic (DSI Errors I believe).

Last edited by shadoom,

wailer247

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having an issue. I'm booting postloader 4.7.6 from the neek2o environment. I have just upgraded from version 4.6.0. Everything worked in version 4.6.0. Now, when I go to the Wii games section, I get an exception, and the Wii resets. Also, I'm unable to access my real NAND from within postloader, even though AHPBROT is enabled. Any help is greatly appreciated.

CoolkcaH

Trophies
XP
Country
Just installed Postloader using the "Masterpiece" by Abz and Wii games don't appear...they work in Wiiflow though.
In Postloader it keeps saying "No games found". I rebuilt the cache and restarted.

spanishnerd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hello,

retroarch crashes when i run it from postloader (stays in a black screen for a moment then blinks a green screen and resets the console) but it runs fine from the hbc. could someone please help me?

game_rat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been unsuccessful with getting neek2o functionality to work with the daxtsu versions of Postloader. Can someone confirm if their version of 4.7.95 or 96 can use the neek2o options below?

With 4.7.4 I have the option to launch emunand channels in neek2o mode. I use this option for a handful of games but the option isn't present for me in 4.7.96.

With 4.7.4, when I boot into neek2o, I have the option to "change current neek2o nand" in the Postloader config menu. I also see "neek2o" listed in the bottom left corner. In version 4.7.96, I do not see the "change current neek2o nand" option and the lower left corner only says "neek".

Is anyone else experiencing the same?

Hipno

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way to autoboot back to postloader from the return to wii menu button?
Postloader is great but it's a bit inconvenient to have to reload PL from Neek2o every time you exit a game.

game_rat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A
Is there any way to autoboot back to postloader from the return to wii menu button?
Postloader is great but it's a bit inconvenient to have to reload PL from Neek2o every time you exit a game.

If you install the neek2obooter.app on your neek2o nand, you will go back to Postloader after exiting a game.

Hipno

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A

If you install the neek2obooter.app on your neek2o nand, you will go back to Postloader after exiting a game.
I have the neek2obooter.app file on my drive but how would I go about installing it? Also does Postloader act as a forwarder and check the directories in wiiflow for its games list or does it use its own separate directories?

game_rat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the neek2obooter.app file on my drive but how would I go about installing it? Also does Postloader act as a forwarder and check the directories in wiiflow for its games list or does it use its own separate directories?

I put the official instructions for the neek2obooter.app file in the spoiler tag below. You will have to find your system menu app file, the instructions use "0000009b.app" as an example. You will need to rename it to sysmenu.app and then rename neek2obooter.app to 0000009b.app.

neek2obooter.app
-------------------------

As neek2o r96 do not support priiloader, you have to install neek2obooter.app to start games from real mode to neek2o. neek2obooter.app is available from full installation package 4.1.9.

Installation:
in (usb:/nands/pl_eu)/title/00000001/00000002/content/

1) rename your system menu .app to sysmenu.app
2) copy neek2obooter.app and rename it as system menu

example for 4.3 eu nand

rename 0000009b.app to sysmenu.app
rename neek2obooter.app to 0000009b.app

!!! DO THIS ONLY IN YOUR R96 (and possibily above) NEEK2O, DO NOT TRY IN REAL NAND !!!

This allow also to go back directly to real mode when you select return to menu in games.
neek2obooter.app can also boot directly to postloader when you run your neek2o nand. Just create /title/00000001/00000002/data/n2oboot.ini (also empy) to enable this feature.

bengalih

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I built a sneek configuration with the latest ModMii and am able to launch it successfully using bootmii folder.
But when I launch postloader (4.7.4) it says it can't create configuration data and exits.

I'm not 100% sure how postloader is meant to read the SD card itself when running in sneek mode (since the NAND is running from the SD).
However even with my USB drive plugged in, it is unable to detect the FAT32 (first) partition.

How/what would be the correct steps to have a sneek/sneek+DI configuration that can properly run?

cannibs420

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've been unsuccessful with getting neek2o functionality to work with the daxtsu versions of Postloader. Can someone confirm if their version of 4.7.95 or 96 can use the neek2o options below?

With 4.7.4 I have the option to launch emunand channels in neek2o mode. I use this option for a handful of games but the option isn't present for me in 4.7.96.

With 4.7.4, when I boot into neek2o, I have the option to "change current neek2o nand" in the Postloader config menu. I also see "neek2o" listed in the bottom left corner. In version 4.7.96, I do not see the "change current neek2o nand" option and the lower left corner only says "neek".

Is anyone else experiencing the same?

i am, but i have noticed something. in the historii file.

postLoader 3.43.1

* Added n2oswitch.dol in ploader folder. This file must be present in sd:/ploader/ folder to enable neek2o nand autoswitch feature

so i am wondering if this will fix it.

Reactions: game_rat

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1