Homebrew postLoader4

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Just to be sure, neek2obooter.app is for neek... this doesn't prevent neek2o channel to work.

On the other hand, if you want maintain the neek2obooter.dol functionality (boot a channel or game from real nand to neek) we can add a configuration file for neek2obooter.app to force the loading of sysmenu instead of postloader.

Let me known ;)

DEFIANT

a daft old man who stole a magic box and ran away
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
The menus that are at the top and bottom, when you move the cursor up a menu slides down showing homebrew, games, emulators ect. at the bottom it shows settings, emunand, ect.

I want to have the ability to disable the pop menu from showing at all. I just use folders and shortcuts to navigate my stuff and the other menus are confusing my kids and wife. I don't launch my wii games from postloader, i use cfg shortcut for that. same for my tools and emulators. The other menus are just redundant and confusing so I would like the ability turn them off.

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi stfour, I currently don't have PriibooterGUI installed and I get this error when I attempt to update title cache in Real NAND view, "Patching NAND Permission --> postLoader was unable to patch ISFS permission. Cannot Continue."

Does not having PriibooterGUI installed have anything to do with that error? Is there anything I can do on my end so that I can see my real NAND channels? I'm at a loss as to what happened, it used to work but I can't remember which rev it stopped working.

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
^^^

Is on lower left displayed IOS58+ ? (yes, with the plus)

I have recently hacked a wii of a friend of mine... a full hack with the great modmii. All was smooth, but I found that priibooter_gui doesn't receive ahbprot. I have had to make a variant of priibooter_gui that execute the postloader channel instead of loading the dol.

I doesn't syschecked my wii and this new one (without gc ports) to see if there are some visible differences.

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
^^^

Is on lower left displayed IOS58+ ? (yes, with the plus)

I have recently hacked a wii of a friend of mine... a full hack with the great modmii. All was smooth, but I found that priibooter_gui doesn't receive ahbprot. I have had to make a variant of priibooter_gui that execute the postloader channel instead of loading the dol.

I doesn't syschecked my wii and this new one (without gc ports) to see if there are some visible differences.
No it does not show IOS58+ just IOS58... hmm I remember I modded your channel with CustomizeMii to have different music. I might have messed up and used a different base WAD, let me re-install your latest channel with no changes and see what I come up with. I'm pretty sure this might be my problem. Thanks for the heads up.

I probably won't be able to post an update for a while though as I'm away from Wii constantly lately lol.

cippazza

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everybody.
Does someone flawlessly run pl4 v4.1.1 starting it from neek2o r95 ?
I had pl4 v4.0.9 starting from n2o r88 and everything worked well.
I have now updated n2o to r95 and pl4 to v4.1.1, and now this is what happens to me:
Wii correctly boots in n2o, then pl4.1.1 starts, but on pl4 main screen I see in lower left corner that my nand is "root", while in fact it's in usb:/nands/pl_or.
Other than that, every time I select Wii Games tab, pl4.1.1 immediately crashes with a dump on a black screen.
I tried with a clean install, using backup config files, using different nands, but nothing changes.
My nandcfg.bin is correctly under usb:/SNEEK/ , and my games are in usb:/wbfs
I attach pl4 log for info.
Anyway my target is to run everything from pl4 using an emulated nand (i.e. I don't want to use my real nand at all). Is there any other method I can use to achieve this ?
Thanks in advance for your support !

My pl4 log:
Code:
-[postLoader 4.1.1]----------------------------------------
Device 0->sd
Device 1->usb
Device 2->(null)
Device 3->(null)
Device 4->(null)
Default device is 'usb'
neek2o detected
neek_GetNandConfig [begin]
neek_GetNandConfig [ISFS_Open 7]
neek_GetNandConfig [IOS_Read 16]
neek_GetNandConfig NChead.NandCnt = 3, NChead.NandSel
neek_GetNandConfig [end]
neek2o nand = root
neek_PLNandInfoKill [begin]
neek_PLNandInfoKill [end]
neek = 3
Autoboot = 0
vars.tempPath = usb://ploader/temp
Showing gui....
Video_LoadTheme(1)
theme.bkg = 0x0
theme.frame = 0x0
theme.frameSel = 0x0
theme.frameBack = 0x0
grlibSettings.theme.texButton = 0x0
grlibSettings.theme.texButtonSel = 0x0
grlibSettings.theme.texWindow = 0x0
grlibSettings.theme.texWindowBk = 0x0
cfg_Alloc (usb://ploader/theme/theme.cfg, 0)
grlibSettings.theme.windowMagX = 0
grlibSettings.theme.windowMagY = 0
grlibSettings.theme.buttonMagX = 0
grlibSettings.theme.buttonMagY = 0
grlibSettings.theme.buttonsTextOffsetY = 0
grlibSettings.fontReverse = 0
theme.line1Y = 410
theme.line2Y = 425
theme.line3Y = 450
CoverCache_Start
snd_Init
covercache thread started
wiiload.op = gecko tConf 1
cfg_Alloc (usb:/net_init_async 0
cfg_Alloc: completed
net_get_status 0
ChnBrowse: begin!
wiiload.op = StartWiiLoadServer begin
cfg_Alloc (usb://ploader/titles.txt, 0)
wiiload.op = net_accept
ChnBrowse: done!
Conf 0
cfg_Store: usb://ploader/channels.neek (0x81232688)
cfg_Store: fopen 0x80FA97CC
ChnBrowser (end)
GameBrowser (begin)
cfg_Alloc (usb://ploader/games.conf, 0)
theme.frameBack = 0x0 0x0
begin GameBrowse
neek_GetGames
neek_GetCDIConfig [begin]
neek_GetCDIConfig [ISFS_Open 8]
neek_GetCDIConfig [IOS_Read 16]
neek_GetCDIConfig [DICfg->Gamecount 172]
neek_GetCDIConfig [buffer size 44048]
neek_GetCDIConfig [DICfg->Gamecount 172]
00:172:SBLP5G:A Boy and His Blob
<blah>
<blah>
171:172:RYOPA4:Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's: Wheelie Breakers
neek_GetCDIConfig [free]

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hard to say. I don't have time to test right now, but thus far, everything goes smoothly (PL 4.1.1 & uneek2o r95). The only minor thing I can think of is that the 'return to' setting seems to be stuck on the system menu, but that's something of uneek2o removing priiloader.

Just a question: if you start uneek2o normally, can you then start and use games normally?

Other than that, I have no idea what's going on on your end. :(

cippazza

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for replying.
Yes, if I start neek2o normally, wii games run when launched from system menu.
If I launch wiiflow from neek2o system menu the wii games run ok from wiiflow.
If I launch pl4 from neek2o system menu.... pl4 crashes when I select games tab.
I verified that:
1) if I have usb:/wbfs with just one game, but I don't let neek2o recreate usb:/sneek/diconfig.bin (i.e. it still represents my 172 games), pl4 still crashes
2) if I have usb:/wbfs with just one game, and I let neek2o recreate usb:/sneek/diconfig.bin , pl4 starts and wii games tab doesn't crash it, and I see the game that is in usb:/wbfs.
So... is it a matter of number of games in usb:/wbfs ? but anyway with n2o r88 + pl4.0.9. everything worked.

About emu nand problem (pl4 says my emu nand is "root" but it's wrong):
I changed source neek.c at line 351 replacing:
"if (ret < 0)"
with
"if (ret> 0)"

then I compiled pl4 and tested the new boot.dol and now it works: pl4 correctly says my emu nand is usb:/nands/pl_or

I think I'll submit this issue on pl4 google repository.

Taleweaver, please could you confirm that you boot your wii in neek2o and from there you launch pl4, and you see your wii games without problems ? may I ask you how many wii games have you listed ?
And what about the emu nand listed by pl4 in lower left corner ? Is it the correct one you see, or is it wrong als on your side ?

Thanks for support !

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thanks for replying.
Yes, if I start neek2o normally, wii games run when launched from system menu.
If I launch wiiflow from neek2o system menu the wii games run ok from wiiflow.
If I launch pl4 from neek2o system menu.... pl4 crashes when I select games tab.
I verified that:
1) if I have usb:/wbfs with just one game, but I don't let neek2o recreate usb:/sneek/diconfig.bin (i.e. it still represents my 172 games), pl4 still crashes
2) if I have usb:/wbfs with just one game, and I let neek2o recreate usb:/sneek/diconfig.bin , pl4 starts and wii games tab doesn't crash it, and I see the game that is in usb:/wbfs.
So... is it a matter of number of games in usb:/wbfs ? but anyway with n2o r88 + pl4.0.9. everything worked.

About emu nand problem (pl4 says my emu nand is "root" but it's wrong):
I changed source neek.c at line 351 replacing:
"if (ret < 0)"
with
"if (ret> 0)"

then I compiled pl4 and tested the new boot.dol and now it works: pl4 correctly says my emu nand is usb:/nands/pl_or

I think I'll submit this issue on pl4 google repository.

Taleweaver, please could you confirm that you boot your wii in neek2o and from there you launch pl4, and you see your wii games without problems ? may I ask you how many wii games have you listed ?
And what about the emu nand listed by pl4 in lower left corner ? Is it the correct one you see, or is it wrong als on your side ?

Thanks for support !

As I've said in PM, just send me your diconfig.bin. It is for sure something in game listing that make pl crash. With the diconfig.bin should be easy to find.

Thank you also for pointing on "root". I will fix the repo ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?