Question Posting images

D

Deleted User

For main threads, I just drag and drop the image into the reply box, then embed that.
In PMs, I either use FileTrip or Imgur, then embed the image into the reply that way, since drag and drop / file sharing is unsupported in PMs (:sad:).

D

Deleted User

I upload to an image hosting site first, or, if the image is already on a website, just embed that.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
A small throwaway picture under 2 megs (if it is not a GIF you should probably be able to show what you want to show). Attach to thread in my case, it should still work for guests and work until the forum dies rather than the arbitrary limits imageshack and whatever sometimes have.
A larger series. Filetrip has a gallery option and will allow you to directly link, no referral issues or anything either.
Something else. I have my own hosting that I will probably maintain for years to come (it costs me a token amount every three years or so)

I am super wary about linking directly from another non image host, non major wiki, non major blog type site or something similar. If the image is some kind of CDN or cache type image then just no. If it is at all serious or likely to want to be referred to in the future then do it properly, if it is just a passing joke then eh.

Do make sure to turn off GPS embed info, or wipe . Most of the better image hosts will try but there are a bunch of custom ways it can happen and anybody with access to http://regex.info/exif.cgi can find out where it was taken.

Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: