Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular Supercard DSTWO and Acekard 2i
Other? Tried DSTT

For all slot-1's (ignore if you want a slot-2):
Support slot-2 GBA? Yes
Support slot-2 rumble packs? No
Support slot-2 RAM (web browser)? No

Thank you in advance
smile.gif

Basically Acekard 2i is cheaper and will play ds games well, and supercard is a bunch of extra features like RTS, GBA/SNES emulation, among other things (pick it if you like those, otherwise get an acekard).

cjans

Trophies
XP
Country
Use? DS Games
Price Range? Up to $20
Slot 1/2? Slot 1
Built in or expandable memory? Expandable
Special features? Nothing in particular
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular? Acekard 2i, DSTwo
Other? I am looking for a card that would work fine with v1.4.1.

WaffleDee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
cjans said:
Use? DS Games
Price Range? Up to $20
Slot 1/2? Slot 1

Forget about the DSTWO, its price is $35. Acekard 2i is probably your best option for a budget DSi card.

cjans

Trophies
XP
Country
thank you for fast reply. actually i had already decieded to buy an acekard2i from shoptemp. but i have to use their premium flashing service cuz i don't have access to a ds or ds lite. however i don't know how to contact them. i asked a question by sending a ticket about updating the flashcard before shipping but they didn't reply. right now i don't know what to do.

jflepe

Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you for your replies, WaffleDee and Infinite Zero, yet, I'm still worried about something I forgot to say when I last posted. I'm worried because I heard that the Supercard DSTWO drains battery life much faster than the others. As I'll be playing DS games more often than using emulators and etc I wonder if that really is a problem or not.

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jflepe said:
Thank you for your replies, WaffleDee and Infinite Zero, yet, I'm still worried about something I forgot to say when I last posted. I'm worried because I heard that the Supercard DSTWO drains battery life much faster than the others. As I'll be playing DS games more often than using emulators and etc I wonder if that really is a problem or not.
that's only when you are doing things that require the DSTWO's built in chip (GBA emulator, SNES emulator, iReader, etc.), just playing normal DS games it should be comparable to all the other cards

WaffleDee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
cjans said:
thank you for fast reply. actually i had already decieded to buy an acekard2i from shoptemp. but i have to use their premium flashing service cuz i don't have access to a ds or ds lite. however i don't know how to contact them. i asked a question by sending a ticket about updating the flashcard before shipping but they didn't reply. right now i don't know what to do.

To use the premium flashing service, you have to purchase a microSD card along with the Flashcard. Then it's just a matter of selecting it from the service selection (right underneath the microSD selection). Hopw that helps.

Infinite Zero

Almost!
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
jflepe said:
That's a con... but trust me. People who own this card are very pleased of the fast fixes/patches for e.g. the 1.4.1 DSi update, Pokemon Black/White, Hotel Dusk 2 or Last Window. You can do a lot of playing with this one
biggrin.gif
it also has a SNES and GBA emulator. The final decision is still on you
happy.gif

shamiko_

~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
WaffleDee said:
cjans said:
Use? DS Games
Price Range? Up to $20
Slot 1/2? Slot 1

Forget about the DSTWO, its price is $35. Acekard 2i is probably your best option for a budget DSi card.
but updates are a bit slow, Back&white still need to be fixed

Drascin

Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, so I was thinking of a replacement...

Use? Games and Homebrew
Price Range? See below
Slot 1/2? 1
Built in or expandable memory? Not a huge decisive factor
GBA compatibility? Preferably yes
Special features?
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular Cyclo, DSTWO

You see, I have an Akaio 2i. It works plenty well - but the infrequency of updates is starting to get to me. The Acekard company itself seems to have all but stopped supporting it, and it's all up to the poor guys at AKAIO to keep everything working - and, understandably, many times they delay (because they're just an unofficial team coding in their spare time, I figure).

So I was starting to think of getting a new card. However, I had an R4 and it went down, I have an Acekard and it's starting to slow down in a similar way - and I'm pretty tired of it. What I want right now is a card which has updates I can rely on having. This is the main thing I want - compatibility with games, and quick, reliable updating. Compatibility with homebrew and the ability to play GBA on the go and cheat compatibility and such other wealth of options would also be very welcome, of course, but the main point is that I want a card in which I can have a pretty good trust it will let me play a newly dumped game within a few days at most, because the guys updating are professional and reliable. I'm perfectly willing to buy a more expensive cart if it's necessary, because I'd really like this to be a purchase to last (though of course I would prefer a cheaper one if it'll suffice - money does not grow in trees
tongue.gif
) so I can stomach a big entry cost if it means the results are good.

So, what would you guys suggest?

WaffleDee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Drascin said:
Okay, so I was thinking of a replacement...

Use? Games and Homebrew
Price Range? See below
Slot 1/2? 1
Built in or expandable memory? Not a huge decisive factor
GBA compatibility? Preferably yes
Special features?

You see, I have an Akaio 2i. It works plenty well - but the infrequency of updates is starting to get to me. The Acekard company itself seems to have all but stopped supporting it, and it's all up to the poor guys at AKAIO to keep everything working - and, understandably, many times they delay (because they're just an unofficial team coding in their spare time, I figure).

So I was starting to think of getting a new card. However, I had an R4 and it went down, I have an Acekard and it's starting to slow down in a similar way - and I'm pretty tired of it. What I want right now is a card which has updates I can rely on having. This is the main thing I want - compatibility with games, and quick, reliable updating. Compatibility with homebrew and the ability to play GBA on the go and cheat compatibility and such other wealth of options would also be very welcome, of course, but the main point is that I want a card in which I can have a pretty good trust it will let me play a newly dumped game within a few days at most, because the guys updating are professional and reliable. I'm perfectly willing to buy a more expensive cart if it's necessary, because I'd really like this to be a purchase to last (though of course I would prefer a cheaper one if it'll suffice - money does not grow in trees
tongue.gif
) so I can stomach a big entry cost if it means the results are good.

The DSTWO has additional features, GBA/SNES emulation, works on DSi, is updated more (most games work without updates anyway (Anti AP), and is less expensive.
CycloDS, while it used to be one of the best carts, is sorta overpriced and redundant now...

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Drascin said:
You see, I have an Akaio 2i. It works plenty well - but the infrequency of updates is starting to get to me.
The last release of CycloDS Evolution v1.59 was 9th June 2010. The last release of AKAIO 1.7.1 was 14th July 2010. They are still updating AKAIO.

If you want a cart with more frequent updates, it's the DSTWO. I can't see why you would be considering a CycloDS...

You also the DSTWo's clean mode, which they say can run the lastest games without requiring a software update. Clean mode doesn't work with cheats etc though, but it's better than nothing.

Drascin

Trophies
XP
Country
WaffleDee said:
The DSTWO has additional features, GBA/SNES emulation, works on DSi, is updated more (most games work without updates anyway (Anti AP), and is less expensive.
CycloDS, while it used to be one of the best carts, is sorta overpriced and redundant now...QUOTE(tk_saturn @ Sep 29 2010, 02:37 AM) The last release of CycloDS Evolution v1.59 was 9th June 2010. The last release of AKAIO 1.7.1 was 14th July 2010. They are still updating AKAIO.

If you want a cart with more frequent updates, it's the DSTWO. I can't see why you would be considering a CycloDS...

You also the DSTWo's clean mode, which they say can run the lastest games without requiring a software update. Clean mode doesn't work with cheats etc though, but it's better than nothing.

So, DSTWO it is. I'll be ordering my new card today, then. Any contraindications I should know about? (I half-hear it can eat through batteries like hell and that it's kind of thick and hard to get into the slot?)

And about the Cyclo, it's mostly that I got it recommended so many times months ago, by people who insisted it wasn't a good idea to get an Acekard, so I was looking about it - but if what you say is true, it seems to be decaying as well, so thanks for the heads-up!

iloqutiss1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use? NDS Games/Homebrew/Music/Video
Price Range? Less than $20
Slot 1/2? 1
Built in or expandable memory? MicroSDHC
GBA compatibility? Would be nice but not necessary
Special features? Good support and compatability
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular DSTT, R4 DS, M3, Acekard 2

Cooler

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Use? DS Games
Price Range? Less than £20
Slot 1/2? Don't know what that is.
Built in or expandable memory? Not bothered
GBA compatibility? Not bothered
Special features? Good support and compatability
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular Nope, just want one that can play all new games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: