Post your ideas regarding how to hack the 3DS, here

Discussion in '3DS - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Vulpes Abnocto, Aug 31, 2011.

Aug 31, 2011

Rydian Resident Furvert™

Message Count:
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    Needs to be signed to run.

• Newcomer

Chubbo1793 New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    There's a glitch in Paper Mario: Sticker Star that freezes the game and kicks you back to the 3DS main menu. Could that somehow be exploited?
    Last edited by Chubbo1793, Jan 4, 2013

shub13 The Shubinator

Message Count:
    New Zealand
    It might work but Is it a 100% All the time Happening bug or is it one of those bugs that only happens if your actually trying to glitch out the game?
    • Newcomer

Chubbo1793 New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    I'm not sure; I haven't tried it. There are several videos of people playing Sticker Star where they use the bowling ball on the bosses and it freezes up as well.

rondoh70 New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    not exploitable. unless there is a way to use it with neimod's save game hack.

Thorhian My CPU's prefer Water

Message Count:
    United States
    Exactly. It would make me laugh so hard if one of the little crashes posted on this thread was used with the save Exploit XD
    • Newcomer

Isle41 Pedophile

Message Count:
    Denmark
    Glitch/freeze=/=Exploit in any way. It's extremely unlikely for the exploit to be with a game glitch.
    I onced crashed the home menu just by booting up (I got a chuckle). Can that be used with an exploit?
    Probably not. Even if it can be reproduced every time by pressing x.

Unless of course the glitch runs a code that redirects to the exploit, which I highly doubt.
    • Newcomer

Gun Slinger Boy White Knight of the internet

Message Count:
    United States
    I wonder if we could possibly disguise a computer as the eShop server with things like this, it's theories we need, and theories we've got. All we need to do is implement then right.
    I once crashed the 3DS by booting Final Fantasy III with the L and R buttons pressed.
    • Newcomer

XshinysuicuneX New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    Even if we could disguise a computer as the eShop it wouldn't do us any good because the we can't make the 3DS run unsigned/un-encrypted code yet, and we don't have the encryption keys needed to decrypt legit 3ds software so we can't modify that to run our code either......

Also, Crashing the 3DS by holding L+R when booting Final Fantasy would only be even slightly helpful if it was repeatable every single time.
    • Newcomer

Gun Slinger Boy White Knight of the internet

Message Count:
    United States
    You're right there.
    Funny thing, I did it twice and it worked both times so......

henn64 Hey Dood

Message Count:
    Canada
    Should the 3ds to wii u connectivity rumour be true, and the wii u pretty much broken, that could be a way to switch files from sd to sd or ram to ram. BUT even I doubt my own idea. 10 bucks this won't work.

medoli900 Open the Benzenes Gates

Message Count:
    Arctic Ocean
    Can the Virtues Last Reward infamous crash in the PEC room be exploit in anyway?
    I know that the crash is caused by the room being too big,so a lenghty puzzle crash it (The inner door one,in the sub-room) if you reset it multiple time.If the save can be corrupted,could something else be corrupted too,leaving a hack possibility?
    Last edited by medoli900, Feb 6, 2013

RodrigoDavy AAAHHHHRRRRRRRR!

Message Count:
    Brazil
    Best hacking idea! Check my signature! :hrth:
    • Banned

RedCoreZero Creativity is Power

Message Count:
    United States
    I heard if you remove the cartridge while saving it will allow you to run codes

WARNING! Spoilers inside!
    Last edited by maniax300, Feb 6, 2013

dehry New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    You know, when I pour Mountain Dew on my 3DS it crashes. I think that could be an exploit.
    • Newcomer

Misterke New Member

Message Count:
    Belgium
    One could stretch this somewhat further: buy a DEV kit, create a simple game with it and put it on the market (so Nintendo signs it and you "sell" it), but ... you ensure there is a "flaw" in that game, a backdoor to get custom code in... Nintendo would have to sign the initial game, so that game needs to seem legit, but once you have it signed, it can be run on any 3DS and used to import custom code into the 3DS, no?
    • Newcomer

Dooglies New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    Great, now all you have to do is find a dev who is willing to risk his career and livelihood by corroborating with hackers to put a janky game on the eshop, assuming nintendo has no software verification to find any potential security holes before releasing it, and that that plan would even work.
    pelago likes this.

pyromaniac123 ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    You can hack the 3ds with this.

WARNING! Spoilers inside!
    • Newcomer

SACooper95 New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    Hello, I just signed up here, but had to express my idea.

I have had a few ideas myself of how the 3DS can be hacked and one possibility is this:

Do you know of the Sonic and knuckles lock-on technology? You lock-on Sonic 3 to Sonic and Knuckles to get the full game. The system literally read data from both games but still thinks it's only running one game!
    Now apply this technology to the games here. (Each game of course has it's own signature). What if a card was designed (similar to the AR Card) to smoothly play a particular game with a bug or a slight code that can smoothly transition to a hacking capable menu (like hackmii). The system itself will still think it's in the game, not affecting the digital signatures at all. which will move one problem aside. It will, however bring another problem to hand... Even though you can pull up a custom made menu within a game, how will you be able to exploit new stuff on the 3DS without the "all mighty" signature blocking your way. A game or app itself cant make new signatures. Or Can it? So far the only app I know that can make different signatures is the Nintendo Eshop. When (whoever) jailbroke the PS3 he implemented the same idea through it. First, he modified the system firmware to accommodate for adding things. He then hacked a 3rd party store which used some kind of Signature to download emulators or whatever to the PS3. Of course we don't have a USB port. We have 1 SD card slot and wifi capabilities.

But it's all theoretical... I have other Ideas, but I'd rather keep it out of the eyes of Nintendo (even though I highly doubt they look at these forums)

KoopaHax35000vr Idk

Message Count:
    United States
    Maybe through swapnote.

SPONSORED LINKS