Android Post your Android homescreen!

tatripp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone realize you don't need any app to take screenshots? If you hold the lock button and tap the home button it will take a screenshot on most android devices. I use it all the time to save guitar tabs and text messages that I think are funny or perhaps important. It's pretty much the same as the iPhone screenshot method.

A lot of them don't work that way especially the older ones. That is a brilliant idea though about the tabs.

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone realize you don't need any app to take screenshots? If you hold the lock button and tap the home button it will take a screenshot on most android devices. I use it all the time to save guitar tabs and text messages that I think are funny or perhaps important. It's pretty much the same as the iPhone screenshot method.

I think that's what everyone does?

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its different for all devices

my tab you hold down the pwr and vol - buttons
my s3 you just swipe your hand over the screen

Reactions: RchUncleSkeleton

RchUncleSkeleton

Skeletron 9000
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
A lot of them don't work that way especially the older ones. That is a brilliant idea though about the tabs.
Perhaps, but seeing as my phone, which is an HTC Inspire, is about 2 years old I don't see why anything the same age or newer wouldn't have the same functionality. I guess it's possible, though as I've seen certain manufacturers pretty much butcher the flow and layout on their android devices.

eyecat14

GBATemp's Lovely Jizzing Mordecai™
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
1369234675644.png

>tfw I don't have an android, or any phone for that matter.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Perhaps, but seeing as my phone, which is an HTC Inspire, is about 2 years old I don't see why anything the same age or newer wouldn't have the same functionality. I guess it's possible, though as I've seen certain manufacturers pretty much butcher the flow and layout on their android devices.
That is HTC-added functionality, not Android. Many manufacturers probably include such a feature, and I seem to recall it being added officially to Android one or two versions ago, but for a long time, there was no native screenshot functionality.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

The default shortcut is Power and Volume Down. Devices with other skins may vary; TouchWiz uses Home and Power, for instance.

Chase.Collins19

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Old crappy phone
+
Cyanogenmod 10
minimalistic text
Organization
=
Not too bad

Im getting a S4 in October

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-07-22-19-36-57.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-07-22-19-36-57.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 216

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
20130729-032555_zpsfa09a5fa.jpeg

Whoa, some homescreens you guys have are so god damn awesome, I do not have enough time to go and try multiple custom roms on my phone.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    A @ anotherthing: The Nintendo servers are going down in 9 days anyway.