Hacking Post the model of HDD's you've used with Dios-Mios

Did the FIRST hard drive you tried to use with Dios-Mios work for you?

• Yes.

Votes: 71 71.0%
  • No.

Votes: 29 29.0%

• Total voters

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
- Western Digital
- 2TB
- My Book Essentials 3.0
- model number - WDBACW0020HBK-NESN
- Separate power
- External drive
-6.5 x 5.3 x 1.9 inches
- Completely black with ribbed plastic lines across the top to the back and the underside.
- Is it working for you with Dios-Mios? No, i have 2 just alike and they both don't work.
- USB 3.0

I already have an SDXC card, so it's not of any urgency. Will edit if needed.

Funny I have the exact same drive and it is working perfectly with all homebrew, including DIOSMIOS.

Also have a WD elements 1TB usb 2.0
Product number: WDBAAU0010HBK-01.
Also perfectly working.

Maxell 16GB Pro usb stick - Working fine
Sandisk 8GB Cruzer Edge - working fine
Iomega Prestige 320 GB USB 2.0 Portable External Hard Drive 34807 - working flaweless.

Various sandisk SD cards 2, 4, and 8 GB class4 - working fine with DM lite.
Medion micro SD 8GB with sd adapter - working Fine with DM lite.

Seems I have no problems at all.

kp_centi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This HDD came from my laptop that died a few years back

- Western Digital
- 160GB
- WD Scorpio Blue
- WD1600BEVT
- Separate Power
- IDE/SATA Adapter (generic) with External Power
- 2.5-Inch

- No Case or whatever, straight from my laptop
- Is it working for you with Dios-Mios? <-- Yes only with 32k Cluster Size.
- USB 2.0

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to edit the wiki to add this

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
- Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex
- 1TB
- P/N = 9ZF2A5-500 can't find model# :blink:
- Stand Alone/Portable/USB Powered
- USB 2.0 Only
- Has always worked with Dios-Mios

I have recommended this drive to 4 of my friends and we all have no issues with this drive. I can tell you from personal experience that getting the 2.0/3.0 version of this drive that has a usb 3.0 adapter (I believe it's the GoFlex Ultra) does NOT work with DM. I also went through this with 2 of the 4 friends, they switched out for the USB 2.0 only and all is right with the world. Here's looking @duffmmann.

This is not to discourage people from getting USB 3.0 drives as I'm in the market for one myself right now. All that really seems to matter is an appropriate/compatible adapter/IDE2HDD driver/device.

EDIT: I believe it's this one, although the price is a bit steep for a new one.

This is very helpful, you wouldn't happen to know that if I got my hands on a strictly USB 2.0 cable for the seagate drive (this cord is exchangeable) and replaced the USB 3.0/2.0 cable, would that work???

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
This is very helpful, you wouldn't happen to know that if I got my hands on a strictly USB 2.0 cable for the seagate drive (this cord is exchangeable) and replaced the USB 3.0/2.0 cable, would that work???

I believe it would, I think that's what ended up happening with somebody's Wii that I modded. Give it a shot and see if ti works out for you, do you have to spend any more money for the USB 2.0 adapter? Cuz the one's we bought came with 2.0 but are upgradeable to 3.0.

What I don't know, is if you'll get the same results for one that is defaut 3.0 and then downgrade to 2.0. I think it's worth a shot though.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe it would, I think that's what ended up happening with somebody's Wii that I modded. Give it a shot and see if ti works out for you, do you have to spend any more money for the USB 2.0 adapter?

Unfortunately i do, and I'm not sure where I can find one. I'm looking on the net, theres a mention of it here: http://knowledge.seagate.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/214431en but I can't even find a link on their website to buy the 2.0 cable.

Still, your answer has given me hope, I'm gonna keep looking, I'm sure i'll come across it somewhere.

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country
Unfortunately i do, and I'm not sure where I can find one. I'm looking on the net, theres a mention of it here: http://knowledge.seagate.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/214431en but I can't even find a link on their website to buy the 2.0 cable.

Still, your answer has given me hope, I'm gonna keep looking, I'm sure i'll come across it somewhere.
Edited my previous post check it out. You can call Seagate and at least get a part# you might find it on Rakuten.com, DealXtreme and other tech sites.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edited my previous post check it out. You can call Seagate and at least get a part# you might find it on Rakuten.com, DealXtreme and other tech sites.

Awesome thanks man, this could really help me out with finally getting Dios Mios running. Gamecube backups via usb is pretty much the final frontier of things to get working on my Wii and it of course has to be the most picky about how it works.

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country
Awesome thanks man, this could really help me out with finally getting Dios Mios running. Gamecube backups via usb is pretty much the final frontier of things to get working on my Wii and it of course has to be the most picky about how it works.
Ok here's Seagate's official page for the HDD, it's actually available for Under $90 which is nice. There's a big slider for info -> Support @ top right, slide it to support and see if they have accessories for the device. If not hit up contact us and see if you can get the part# or price for part.

_acid_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
- CoreMicro
- 16gb
- usb 2.0
- CMUSBFD20/16G
- USB powered
- flash drive ?
- fit in pocket
- Is it working for you with Dios-Mios? < yes

hangs on black screen sometimes

mechadylan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
- acomdata
- 1TB
- pureDrive
- PDHD1000USE-72
- separate power
- stand-alone hard drive
- 4.4" x 1.26" x 7.4"
- other physical description--it has a really neat-o blue/red light bar on the front
- Is it working for you with Dios-Mios? YES
- USB 2.0
- has an on/off switch and eSata port as well

I bought this hard drive over 3 years ago when I modded my first Wii because the light kinda resembled the Wii's optical drive light. After upgrading to a WD 2TB, this little guy sat in my junk drawer until about an hour ago. Dusted it off, checked the cluster size, set the FAT 32 partition to active and away it went. I don't know why I ever stopped using it.

http://www.manualslib.com/manual/205783/Acomdata-Pdhd1000use-72.html

TyBlood13

As Seen On GBATempTV
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
-WD
-1TB
-Passport
-P/N WDBACY5000ABK-01
-USB Powered
-Standard Laptop drive in encloser (too lazy to look up dimensions of the drive)
-Works with Dios-MIOS? Yes
-USB 3.0
Has been the only drive I've needed for DIOS MIOS. I have tried about 50 games with it, no real problems except for audio streaming (which, as we all know, is just a problem with DIOS MIOS in general)

mechadylan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
- Western Digital
- 2TB
- My Book Essential
- WDBAAF0020HBK-00
- separate power supply
- stand-alone hard drive
- 1.9" x 6.5" x 5.3"
- glossy black w/ small white LED
- Is it working for you with Dios-Mios? <-- YES
- USB 2.0
It has an on/off switch, but turns on and off when the Wii is powered on or off. No issues with spinning down.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tracked down the product number for the seagate cable, its STAE109. I found a seller on ebay with a large supply at $20 each. I'll buy this, and when it comes I'll let you all know if this is indeed the fix Seagate GoFlex users with this issue are looking for.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Seagate-STA...h=item3a7e3f4e2c&ssPageName=RSS:B:SHOP:US:101

I am Incredibly happy to report that this was indeed the solution to my problem. My USB 2.0 cable came in the mail today, and it works.

I repeat, to anybody who has a Seagate Goflex external hard drive and it doesn't work with Dios Mios, buy the link cable from the ebay store that I've quoted. I don't know how nor why, but Dios Mios will not work with Seagate's 2.0/3.0 USB cable, but will work with the 2.0 USB cable. This should be helpful to a few people I'm sure!

oji

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
- WD
- 2TB
- My Passport
- p/n WDBY8L0020BSL-01
- USB Powered
- stand-alone hard drive
- 2 x 8 x 11 cm
- Is it working for you with Dios-Mios? YES
- USB 3.0
In it's configuration tool you can turn off sleep mode at all or choose between 10-90 minutes range.

HomebrewEnthusiast109876

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

scooby74029

wanttabe dev
Trophies
Website
www.wiithemer.org
XP
Country
United States
-WD 750 gig (western digital my passport)
-setup for uneek (32 cluster)
-not working with DM(in uneek only)(real nand untested)
-usb2.0

uneek works just fine yet it is very slow to boot up which may be my problem i also have a few usb sticks that i will try and report back also with the model of the WD 750 gig HD

@linkfan16 thanks i should have stated that

LinkFan16

I link them all
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
=WD 750 gig (not sure on model)
-setup for uneek (32 cluster)
-not working with DM
-usb2.0

uneek works just fine yet it is very slow to boot up which may be my problem i also have a few usb sticks that i will try and report back also with the model of the WD 750 gig HD

To avoid confusion, you should mention that you are using DM from your emulated nand (like you did in the other thread) and not the version you have to install into your real nand, because that makes a difference. My HDD works fine with DM if installed in real nand, but my wii shuts down when I try to use DM in uneek.

Reactions: scooby74029

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."