Homebrew Post Homebrew ideas, suggestion, requests here

jaderocc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a request: plugin (presumably ntr overlay) that can keep track of sos encounters in sun/moon as well as soft resets. alternatively, a request for someone to show me how i can create a plugin that would do that :+)

Weirdal3333

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.musicsuper.org
XP
Country
United States
I found this in a 3DS video app!
rps20170211_092116.jpg

How about a media player that injects a video AND subtitles, and then launches the built-in video app?

The app made ext-data when I launched it for the first time, SOOOOO....... It probably has the best chance of having extra data for injecting!

Jammyadam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys I really need help I'm trying to homebrew my old 3ds xl for the first time on 11.3 but it had stuck on a start up screen and the touch screen had gone red any ideas ?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

image.jpg

Trylk248

Honest helper and custom content creator.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello there.
Is your touchscreen filled with yellowish color?

Yes ?

Then check if you've done all steps properly.

Reboot the 3DS by holding button POWER till it shutdowns, if occurs again, try check if there is an "arm9.bin" or "arm11.bin" that shouldn't be there

Last edited by Trylk248,

Jammyadam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
is it yellow screen? Yes ? You did all steps correctly? Reboot the 3DS by holding button POWER till it shutdowns, if occurs again, try check if there is an "arm9.bin" or "arm11.bin" that shouldn't be there
Thanks, also it's working now, is there any way to get Pokemon x,y and moon,sun now I am homebrewed?

Prot8toPot8to_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
request: a GOOD comic book/manga reader for the 3DS that can zoom and read pdfs and all sorts of files. (cOmON i JusT wANt tO rEad sOmE jOjo)

also, a way to put folders inside folders (probably for cfw)

Last edited by Prot8toPot8to_,
Reactions: Trylk248

opollon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
is there a homebrew or cia to browse the data from a R4 flashcard, for instance to copy things from R4 to the SD of the Console, because i am too lazy to screw up the bottom every time on my N3DS

Reactions: Manzini

Trylk248

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
is there a homebrew or cia to browse the data from a R4 flashcard, for instance to copy things from R4 to the SD of the Console, because i am too lazy to screw up the bottom every time on my N3DS
First of all, it remains on a few thing. Can you Dump your Sav, ExtData and BossData (BossData applies to certain titles, only do it if it Shows up).

Yes you can? Alright let's transfer those dumped datas to your SD if not already.

Now use JKSM or any other SaveGame Manager tools to import your save datas to the downloaded app. :)

Trylk248

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
[Request] : HOME MENU Applet remake : please could someone make a nicer interface for the friend list on the 3DS?

Like adding these infos to the friend card :

|• NNID:
|• • View profile on Miiverse (button)
|• Consoles owned : Wii U /3DS/2DS
|• Region : USA/EUR/KOR/JAP

Things to tweak and/or fix and/or add in buddylist :
•FIX Notification LED/Popup when a friend changes its status & post something on Miiverse
•ADD Notification when you are friend with someone new
•ADD "Send message via Swapdoodle"
•FIX : fix that "Join friend" button that works 10% of the time
•ADD Categorize friends l, put some order here!
Animations changes : folder opening animation (add a folder for friends that you set categories for)

dada78641

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I haven't been able to find anything that will let you take screenshots. Does such a thing exist? I'm thinking like Animal Crossing which lets you take screenshots if you hold L and R (but the screenshots are saved as JPG, and PNG would be so much nicer.) And it only takes screenshots of the top screen. Having something that's universal, saves images of both screens, and saves them as high quality PNG files, that would be fantastic. Anyone know if this has been made?

Trylk248

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I haven't been able to find anything that will let you take screenshots. Does such a thing exist? I'm thinking like Animal Crossing which lets you take screenshots if you hold L and R (but the screenshots are saved as JPG, and PNG would be so much nicer.) And it only takes screenshots of the top screen. Having something that's universal, saves images of both screens, and saves them as high quality PNG files, that would be fantastic. Anyone know if this has been made?
The NTR CFW let you do this. :)

dada78641

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Reactions: Trylk248

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't know if it had been thought of: a homebrew that checks titles you have and downloads the NTR plugin. Maybe could delete a specific plugin if an update comes out and the old plugin stops working?
----------
A homebrew that lets you make simple custom themes directly on 3DS.

Reactions: I pwned U!

maxGREGSZ

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Pokemon go on the 3ds i know the 3ds doesn't have a gps but you could spoof it the apis cracked so you could make a Pokemon go for the 3ds.

kstarpr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you take requests? I really like an old game called FATE. (Click on the name for the Wikipedia Article.) It was a dungeon crawler with RPG elements in the vein of Diablo. If you've played or heard of Torchlight, that game is the spiritual successor to FATE. FATE's lowest resolution in-game is 800x600 I believe, and I came up with the idea to port it to 3DS. I made a Proof-of-Concept picture about it, and I think it fits quite well, it would just need entirely new models and perhaps a slightly different art style. Here's the Proof-of-Concept picture:
tumblr_inline_olkr77XvZ61se4in9_540.png

Sloppy, I know. But with the assets redone for 3DS, I think it would look pretty good! As for controls, I did my best trying to figure out how FATE could be mapped to buttons, and this is what I came out with:
Circle Pad: Movement
D-Pad: Movement or some other feature?
A: Attack
B: Run
Y: Magic
X: Special Attack
L: Swap Magic or Toggle Items
R: Swap Weapons or Toggle Run
Start: Pause Menu (Options, Stats, other features. Toggle Items in options?)
Select: Pause Menu or Exit Homebrew?
Touch Screen: Items, Health, Minimap, $$$, Menus, Inventory?
ZL: Rotate Camera, Unused L Feature, or Pet Menus
ZR: Rotate Camera, Unused R Feature, or Player Menus
C-Stick: Rotate Camera, Zoom, or Minimap Control?
(New 3DS buttons would not be required if made for the normal 3DS, but could be supported.)

Things will have to be adjusted for controls, the appearance, and the whole game in general, but still. But hey, if a good FATE port for 3DS happens with Homebrew, maybe we can get the real deal. (Or someone could adapt the Proof-of-Concept into an actual game we can buy, although this is the 3DS Homebrew community so buy may not be the word.) For my Tumblr post on this, (which is identical) click here.

Last edited by kstarpr,

spacereaper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you take requests? I really like an old game called FATE. (Click on the name for the Wikipedia Article.) It was a dungeon crawler with RPG elements in the vein of Diablo. If you've played or heard of Torchlight, that game is the spiritual successor to FATE. FATE's lowest resolution in-game is 800x600 I believe, and I came up with the idea to port it to 3DS. I made a Proof-of-Concept picture about it, and I think it fits quite well, it would just need entirely new models and perhaps a slightly different art style. Here's the Proof-of-Concept picture:
tumblr_inline_olkr77XvZ61se4in9_540.png

Sloppy, I know. But with the assets redone for 3DS, I think it would look pretty good! As for controls, I did my best trying to figure out how FATE could be mapped to buttons, and this is what I came out with:
Circle Pad: Movement
D-Pad: Movement or some other feature?
A: Attack
B: Run
Y: Magic
X: Special Attack
L: Swap Magic or Toggle Items
R: Swap Weapons or Toggle Run
Start: Pause Menu (Options, Stats, other features. Toggle Items in options?)
Select: Pause Menu or Exit Homebrew?
Touch Screen: Items, Health, Minimap, $$$, Menus, Inventory?
ZL: Rotate Camera, Unused L Feature, or Pet Menus
ZR: Rotate Camera, Unused R Feature, or Player Menus
C-Stick: Rotate Camera, Zoom, or Minimap Control?
(New 3DS buttons would not be required if made for the normal 3DS, but could be supported.)

Things will have to be adjusted for controls, the appearance, and the whole game in general, but still. But hey, if a good FATE port for 3DS happens with Homebrew, maybe we can get the real deal. (Or someone could adapt the Proof-of-Concept into an actual game we can buy, although this is the 3DS Homebrew community so buy may not be the word.) For my Tumblr post on this, (which is identical) click here.
never heard of the game but sounds like a fun game and would like to play it on my 3ds

Reactions: kstarpr

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended