Post a picture of your desktop!

kellyan95

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
22" LCDs are fine, the Samsung 226CW in particular. The 24" inchers cost twice as much, and I doubt he is a videophile having a 1140x900 for this long

flai

Androgynous Apparently :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Its 1440x900 but I am getting a 1680x1050 22" in a while.

22" LCDs are all TN-film displays, which have the lowest quality picture out of the three display types.

I'd recommend the 20" Acer AL2051W (AMVA display), or step it up and get the 24" Dell 2407WFP-HC (PVA display).

I was planning on getting a Samsung Syncmaster 226BW, as I have a Syncmaster 940BW at the moment.

http://www.pricerunner.co.uk/pl/25-867205/...-Compare-Prices

But I suppose it wouldn't hurt spending the extra little bit of money on a massive monitor, suppose that Mac Mini will just have to wait a while...

EDIT - The Acer's not an option, I hate glossy screens.

kellyan95

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Happen to miss my post thar?

Anyway, the best 24" monitors are:
Dell 2470WFP-HC ~$660
BenQ FP241W ~ $750
Samsung 244T ~ ???

Wii_DS.

ウォリアー
Banned
Trophies
Website
fcrc.weebly.com
XP
Country
Posted in this topic twice w/o even showing off my Desktop...how lame.

Anywho!

2qx0x95.png

(FF FTW)

m82zoo.png

Scorpei

Trophies
Website
scorpei.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
@flai:

I've had 3 226BW's at home and all three were dodgy. The first two were fine colour wise (really quite okay panels which were quite nice but they had dead pixels) however the third was simply hell in backlight bleed. Samsung was screwing around with the panels in the 226BW which was causing major problems. Instead of using only one panel (manufacturer) namely Samsung they replaced the panels by those made by CMO/CPT or AU optronics (though the latter was nearly never in there with more recently made units).

Thinking about getting a 226CW now as they seem to be SamSung only panels right now and look quite good.

More info on different panels btw;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TFT_LCD

Scorpei

Trophies
Website
scorpei.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Not sure. But as for the Samsung 22BW it's not that I didn't like the panels (well, the first two I liked aside from the dead pixels) but just that samsung did the whole panel manufacturer mess. I mean putting 4 different panels in the same product without telling users over a period of less then half a year each panel of crapier quality then the one before it :s. Even worse when people started returning their units because of the whole panel thing Samsung removed the option to see panel info
sleep.gif
to shut people up. I mean really
mad.gif

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Haven't changed much. Just on a 22'' LCD monitor now and the two icons have some more transparency so they blend into the wallpaper a bit more. Now for a "thumbnail". Overkill-style.

The wallpaper is just something I whipped up in photoshop quickly as I'd rather not waste time looking for something "just right". I'm not one to normally promote windows on a desktop but I felt the wallpaper needed at least something on it that stood out. I came across that vlc skin there only a few days after setting this theme up and I was pretty surprised just how well it fit in with the theme. So much that I'm curious if the current theme I'm using either inspired that vlc skin, or was inspired by the vlc skin. To finish things up, a dash of LClock to have a refreshingly different clock. Now enough chit-chat about this screenshot, let's move into off-topic territory.

I will be taking a look at Launchy right now, or at least I would if sourceforge wasn't doing maintenance. I've known about programs like this but limited ram has made me a little reluctant to bother with them. Although after a little upgrade to make The Orange Box play a little more "prettiful", it's very appealing to me now as I constantly find myself hitting alt+f2 to try to launch apps once I get back to Windows after a bit of time messing around with linux (which I'm still fairly green with).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs