United States
vwtyno.png

Last edited by Joom,

Natorite

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have to stick with Windows on my laptop because I need Visual Studio and other Windows-only tools for my work. I much prefer the look of Cinnamon's desktop environment, however I've been managing with a few third-party utilities to get something that's more palatable than the default Windows 10 environment. I've also just broken the dock program unfortunately.
QEeS1QS.png

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
I have to stick with Windows on my laptop because I need Visual Studio and other Windows-only tools for my work. I much prefer the look of Cinnamon's desktop environment, however I've been managing with a few third-party utilities to get something that's more palatable than the default Windows 10 environment. I've also just broken the dock program unfortunately.
I recommend Rocketdock or XWD (Version 5.x is here, but people seem to prefer 2.0 and there are more themes for it) if you want a good looking dock. Winstep is shareware garbage.

Last edited by Joom,

Ricken

Searching for the air to breathe~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Immediately after posting I felt the impulse to rig up Rainmeter and changing my icons. So I did. Maybe a little too much, I even went as far as changing my music player for the sake of the Rainmetering. The only modified plugin is the music one, which is just color changes to match my background. PM me if you want it tho ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
tx1Irer.png

Simple and Clean
oQiI8bI.png

Last edited by Ricken,
Reactions: Piluvr and hii915
D

Deleted User

I think I'm gonna dump a picture of my desktop here every time I come and take a quick little visit unless there's very minor or no changes.
I'm back on Linux again, this time Debian instead of Ubuntu. I'm enjoying it so far despite having broken a few things entirely on accident and needing to spend an hour on getting my wifi drivers working when I first installed Debian. My desktop's a little lame, especially in comparison to some of the pictures in this thread, but I'm happy enough with how it is right now so I think I'm gonna keep it this way for at least a little while.
screenFetch-2017-04-07_20-42-46.png

Boogieboo6

@realDonaldTrump
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got Ubuntu maybe a few hours ago and have been playing with it for a while. My biggest accomplishment so far is switching from Unity to Cinnamon. I used unclutter to hide the cursor, and used auto hide on the panel to make it stay away. Basically, my desktop is a picture.
upload_2017-4-10_20-16-2.png

Boogieboo6

@realDonaldTrump
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't see why you wouldn't just use Linux Mint (where the Cinnamon desktop is already preconfigured) at that point.
When I used Antergos, sound didn't work. It didn't work anywhere. Then I went to the Arch wiki and it said to install some kind of driver for my graphics card. Well the open source one still doesn't have audio, as it said in the troubleshooting section, and I had to use the official drivers. On the AMD site, it lists Ubuntu 16.04 and some other crazy stuff that I have no idea what it is. I just decided that Ubuntu was the best way to go.
  • CentOS
  • RHEL
  • SLED/SLES 12 SP2
  • Ubuntu 16.04
It was these.

Last edited by Boogieboo6,

hobbledehoy899

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
When I used Antergos, sound didn't work. It didn't work anywhere. Then I went to the Arch wiki and it said to install some kind of driver for my graphics card. Well the open source one still doesn't have audio, as it said in the troubleshooting section, and I had to use the official drivers. On the AMD site, it lists Ubuntu 16.04 and some other crazy stuff that I have no idea what it is. I just decided that Ubuntu was the best way to go.
Linux Mint 18.1 is based on Ubuntu 16.04...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: aeiou