GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
He's a stubborn windows fucker.
I'm flexible enough to switch OS.
I'll prolly end up installing Linux on this iBook G4 anyway ;p
I know the feel, my boyfriends are both advent Windows users. Though they are smart enough not to get in OS debate with me.
The only issue is that a lot of distros are dropping PowerPC 32Bit CPUs. So you might have something working for now, but the future is debatable. MorphOS isn't completely free, but it's dedicated to holding up PowerPC support.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I know the feel, my boyfriends are both advent Windows users. Though they are smart enough not to get in OS debate with me.
The only issue is that a lot of distros are dropping PowerPC 32Bit CPUs. So you might have something working for now, but the future is debatable. MorphOS isn't completely free, but it's dedicated to holding up PowerPC support.

It's a lappy from '05 with the tech from the early 00's.
I'm not using it as me daily laptop at all so future proofing is not needed.

I honestly don't mind it having an old distro.
It's merely to have a PowerPC laptop.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Just a FYI, Debian still supports PowerPC 32-bits, it just won't get a stable release this time, you can track "sid"/unstable for it, should you pick it up.
An interesting note, I decided to test out Debian SID and I am sad that I didn't try it before. Thus far I had to only add 2 repos to the system for software not in the SID repo.

matpower

Messenger from Zero
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yeah, while Debian Stable's repos are mostly empty, specially on the newer stuff's side, Testing and Sid's repos are amazing, Stable should catch up with them in a few months when Testing/Stretch replaces Stable/Jessie.

Lucar

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
YznQc5g.jpg

I need to find something that looks decent as a background and I can't find anything. So... anyone got suggestions? I'm up for anything anyone throws at me especially if it has anthros

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
So what started out as a want to test out Debian stable, quickly turned into me running Debian SID, something I actually have very little experience with. Mostly because the install path from Debian SID seriously sucks and I didn't want to go through all of that. But my drunk self ended up installing siduction on my laptop. Why? Because it's debian SID made easier. And I've been playing with it for a week. Thus far I am enjoying it, it started out siduction XCFE and I've since added the Liquorix kernel, MATE, and other stuff.
Screenshot from 2017-02-02 09-48-49.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu