Hacking Possibly Messed Up Wii For Good?

Fazana

Professional Trashposter
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello, someone pretty inexperienced with Wii hacking here.

Simply put, I cannot load Homebrew channel which means my Wii is useless.

The wii was hacked ages ago to be able to play backups off a USB hard drive, and this went all fine and dandy, however, I found I could actually do the same for Gamecube games. (Seeing as my Wii is the newer "Family Edition" model, it means that it doesn't have inbuilt gamecube support.)

That's irrelevant though. A few days back, I decided to try and get it all to play fair with a single drive, which was formatted in WBPS, and while it worked for the wii games, it wouldn't for the gamecube games, so I formatted as FAT32 and looked into it from there. I followed the instructions correctly and the drive was properly set up. (It still is) However, USB Loader GX still wouldn't find it. (however, Wiiflow could, no problem, but I'm stubborn, I wanted it to work with USB Loader GX.) Seeing the problem was with the Wii rather than my drive formatting, I decided to look online, and found some stuff.

Now seeing as my Wii has been in this kind of state for years, newer stuff has most likely come out since then, and I being out of the loop find ModMii, so I go for it. (And therefore completely reformat the Wii.)

At first, this goes pretty smoothly, following the instructions fine, however, I have to do a thing, and turn the wii off and remove the SD card, do that thing and when I turn it back on, it seems fine, except now I can't open Homebrew channel.

Thinking something broke on homebrew, I reload the letterbomb and reinstall, but still doesn't work, so at this point, I think I probably broke something in the entire hack, so I decide to completely reformat the Wii to redo the hack, and I do the steps, but the HBC will still not open, sooo I probably broke something deep in the wii. (And reformatting everything and replacing the contents of the SD card was probably not a bright move by me either.)

On top of HBC not loading, neither does the shop channel, so it gives some evidence that something in the wii has definitely broke, however, everything else works just dandy. To be specific on those 2 things, HBC goes to a black screen until the end of time and shop channel has the loading icon for all eternity.

Now, this Wii still does have priiloader, when I hold reset after turning it on, however, I can't use it because it requires a gamecube controller, and I have the newer edition that doesn't have any support for gamecube peripherals.

After on and off an entire day of looking on the internet for a fix, I couldn't find jack.

So after all that, my question is this: Is there a fix for this to get the homebrew channel functioning again, or am I screwed?

Like I said before, everything else works fine, which means I have access to my settings.

Thanks in advance!

Fazana

Professional Trashposter
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ah, I didn't specify that, my apologies.

Anyhow, I did try syncing a wiimote, however, it didn't work.

dz2Atmy.jpg
[/IMG]
gSSEj0D.png

This being the screen I get and looking online, appears to be pretty out of date. Have also read that some stuff can be pretty picky at times with what wiimotes they work with, and mine being one that came with the newer wii model (with WM+ build in) could be one of those models.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.