Gaming Possibly a new Kingdom Hearts game for the Vita ? my theory

Radwan126

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
So probably a lot of people noticed what Square Enix has been doing after every big release ... i think
let me get straight to the point .
it seems like Square Enix released a "Portable" or a "Handheld" game after every big release , let me give you an example :

- Kingdom Hearts was released in 2002 , followed by KH:chain of memories for the Gameboy Advance in 2004 .

- Kingdom Hearts II was released in 2005 with KH:RE chain of memories, followed by 3 "portable" games , KH:coded , KH:358/2 days , and KH:Birth by sleep .
--------------------------
now i know they aren't in a full accurate pattern but based on this pattern , it seems like Square Enix is planning to release a new portable game !
let me get to the details :

Now Square Enix is working on KH III right ? its like 80% possible that a handheld game will be released after it , since the director Tatsuya Nomura said that KHIII's ending won't end the series , could that be a hint ?
and since like 2 games in a row were released for the NDS , and then PSP , followed by another game for the 3DS (Dream Drop Distance) , Sony's handhelds barely got one game for it .
so it's like 90% possible that the "new" game will be coming to the Vita , because it's a really powerful device to run the game like a charm .
-----------
So what do you think guys ? is it possible ?

Last edited by Radwan126,

Radwan126

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
The Vita is never ever ever getting a high profile game again. Ever. By the time KH3 comes out, the current generation of handhelds will be dead and done anyways.
Hmm well that's sad , but how did the PSP get it ? it was dead right from the start , right ?
i am gonna be pissed if Nintendo gets the next game , that's just unfair

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
The PSP actually ended up a fairly successful handheld, just primarily in Japan. It was just as successful as the GBA was, selling approximately 80 million total PSP's throughout its lifetime. I used to be a little surprised they ended up localizing Birth By Sleep originally for the west, but I guess they were going off name recognition alone to sell a lot of copies. And it worked. Birth By Sleep sold over 600k in NA, 400k in Europe, and around 750k in Japan. In the long run, more PSP systems were actually sold in the US than in Japan. All in all, many see the PSP as a big failure, especially in the west, but it experienced fairly noteworthy success in all regions.

On the other hand, the Vita is a big tanking failure across regions. It's only sold a couple million more than the Wii U to date, and has gotten nowhere near matching its predecessor. Hell, the 3DS hasn't done so hot either compared to other Nintendo handheld families. That's probably one of the major contributing reasons to the fact that the last mobile Kingdom Hearts game that will come prior to KH3 is for Android and iOS.

Reactions: RodrigoDavy

Radwan126

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
That's probably one of the major contributing reasons to the fact that the last mobile Kingdom Hearts game that will come prior to KH3 is for Android and iOS.
from my opinion , Mobile gaming is the worst form of gaming , the controls are bad , the graphics aren't that good either , i don't understand why Square Enix chose to make a game for it ...
still , we won't know until we see ourselves , as you know the KH series is very very popular in the whole world so if , just if , they decided to make it exclusively for the Vita (Not the PSTV) and it turned out to be a serious and a charming game like BBS, people might actually buy a new Vita just to play the game, so it would score points for both companies ... idk
i hope ..

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
from my opinion , Mobile gaming is the worst form of gaming , the controls are bad , the graphics aren't that good either , i don't understand why Square Enix chose to make a game for it ...
still , we won't know until we see ourselves , as you know the KH series is very very popular in the whole world so if , just if , they decided to make it exclusively for the Vita (Not the PSTV) and it turned out to be a serious and a charming game like BBS, people might actually buy a new Vita just to play the game, so it would score points for both companies ... idk
i hope ..
Yeah, not happening. SE doesn't take major gambles like that. No developer does. You're better off accepting that sooner rather than later.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The PSP actually ended up a fairly successful handheld, just primarily in Japan. It was just as successful as the GBA was, selling approximately 80 million total PSP's throughout its lifetime. I used to be a little surprised they ended up localizing Birth By Sleep originally for the west, but I guess they were going off name recognition alone to sell a lot of copies. And it worked. Birth By Sleep sold over 600k in NA, 400k in Europe, and around 750k in Japan. In the long run, more PSP systems were actually sold in the US than in Japan. All in all, many see the PSP as a big failure, especially in the west, but it experienced fairly noteworthy success in all regions.

On the other hand, the Vita is a big tanking failure across regions. It's only sold a couple million more than the Wii U to date, and has gotten nowhere near matching its predecessor. Hell, the 3DS hasn't done so hot either compared to other Nintendo handheld families. That's probably one of the major contributing reasons to the fact that the last mobile Kingdom Hearts game that will come prior to KH3 is for Android and iOS.
The mobile one is actually pretty old, and a translation of what was originally a Japanese flash game. It's one of those free to play games where you have to wait X hours to get actions back or pay to do so immediately.

Reactions: Radwan126

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
The mobile one is actually pretty old, and a translation of what was originally a Japanese flash game. It's one of those free to play games where you have to wait X hours to get actions back or pay to do so immediately.
I know, but if they really thought they could profit more off of the 3DS or Vita, they could have reshaped some of the mechanics to fit a home console better than the mobile market of iOS and Android. Also, I wouldn't call two years all that old :P

Radwan126

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

:rofl2:

Thanks OP that was a good laugh on a Sunday morning I needed that....the Vita is as dead as Mr.Iwata unfortunately and has been for a while
i don't see any reason to laugh .-. are you ok ?
and f*** Mr.iwata he was talking about the Vita in the west not in japan
The Vita is very popular in japan , even more than the PS4 , and SE is japanese , as you know i am not talking about a localization here ...
games are being released weekly in their store, there is still hope .
the Vita can crush the 3DS if it was marketed right , its far more powerful then the 3DS , but the stupid Sony only cares about the PS4

Radwan126

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Either way Dead is Dead

Enjoy all ur Japanese Weebo,Novel and Pigeon dating games on your Vita
i am proud to be a weebo , at least JPN games are better than these useless indie games anyways
JRPGs FTW

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Enjoy all ur Japanese Weebo,Novel and Pigeon dating games on your Vita
and hey , i was talking about Kingdom Hearts , why did you change the subject ?

RodrigoDavy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The PSP sold really well, not as high as the Nintendo DS but I would hardly call it a failure.

Unfortunately, the PS Vita didn't manage to repeat the PSP success. Not to speak badly of the device, but if even Sony aren't willing to produce games to the Vita, it's a clear sign they don't think the machine is lucrative enough. The cost to develop a PS Vita game are as high as the costs to develop a PS3 game and. The difference is that the installed Vita userbase isn't big enough to justify the risk to develop game for most developers. (Including Sony itself apparently)

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
I enjoy how this thread went from "yeah, I guess it probably won't happen" to "yeah, it'll happen, you'll see" in one page. Consistency, OP. Consistency. Just because you're getting frustrated doesn't mean your opinion should do a total 180 for no other reason other than for the sake of disagreement.

You just have to accept these facts:
1) The Vita will only receive more low profile Japanese releases and indie games until its complete death.
2) Kingdom Hearts will never receive a Vita entry. It does not compare to the PSP in terms of success. At all. No developer looks at the Vita the same way as the PSP.
3) The Vita is only kind of successful in Japan. It isn't as if the Vita is smashing records and flying off of store shelves. It's still struggling, just not as much since the Vita's core library is almost 90% Japanese anyways.

You can be frustrated at how Sony treated the Vita until your dying day, but it won't change the fact that the Vita is never going to be the amazing AAA machine it could have been. Sony will never have a change of heart, and no third party developer is going to bet a high profile release on a system a few years old with no real sales momentum. That's just the way it is. No amount of whining or hope will make the market suddenly shift in favor of the Vita.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM