Hacking Possible to use modmii files generated from a PAL Wii to an NTSC Wii?

relminator

#AnyaBasic
OP
Trophies
Website
rel.phatcode.net
XP
Country
Hi guys,

I just got myself a modded NTSC Wii with HBloader and Homebrew channel already installed.

I also have another Wii(PAL) which I modded myself a few years back via the letterbomb method.

I was wondering if I could use the PAL's SD card to repopulated the Homebrew Channel of the NTSC wii.

My internet is about 256kbps right now and doing a modmii would probably take a while at that speed.

Thanks!

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi guys,

I just got myself a modded NTSC Wii with HBloader and Homebrew channel already installed.

I also have another Wii(PAL) which I modded myself a few years back via the letterbomb method.

I was wondering if I could use the PAL's SD card to repopulated the Homebrew Channel of the NTSC wii.

My internet is about 256kbps right now and doing a modmii would probably take a while at that speed.

Thanks!
It really depends on the files...
The wiimenu is region specific, getting it wrong results in a semibrick (opera error when opening settings)
Themes are hacks of wiimenu, so they're region specific too
(C)IOS and homebrew channels are the same the world over

In general I don't trust automation tools, better to manually install HBC and CIOS (which you probably already have downloaded, even at 1/4 Mbps there's not that much to download to mod a Wii anyway!)

Reactions: relminator

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FzVN9kIUNxw +1