Gaming Possible to transfer/backup Pokemon Shuffle progress to new 2DS?

CLOUD9RED

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
I'm selling my old 2DS now in order to buy the 20th year celebration one later this month. I do have a question if it's possible to transfer my progress (save) of Pokemon Shuffle to my new 2DS? And how would I have to do that?
Thank you.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
With any save tool, like JK/SaveDataFile/svdt/save_manager!

The last 2 even work on 10.4/5 sysnand if you have Ocarina or Cubic Ninja (I expect them to come with 10.3 or 4).

By the way they're still O3DS consoles despite the colored buttons ;)

AyanamiRei

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Pokémon Shuffle checks a value in its save file every time it starts. I think this value is written when you close the game. If the check "fails" (= if the value at start is wrong), it nicely greets you with a "Your save is corrupted" message and you have to start over again.

CLOUD9RED

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Pokémon Shuffle checks a value in its save file every time it starts. I think this value is written when you close the game. If the check "fails" (= if the value at start is wrong), it nicely greets you with a "Your save is corrupted" message and you have to start over again.

Bummer. I wonder how hard it is for Nintendo to create a cloud system -_-

AyanamiRei

Trophies
XP
Country
France
3 out of the 4 major save managers take care of the "secure" value automatically anyway
Thank you for the information and sorry about my wrong one. I thought it would not go well because of that if the console at backup and the one at injection weren't the same ^^"

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Well, you were not literally wrong, it's not that the secure value system doesn't exist even though it's effectively bypassed for the next load :)

Yes, the numbers are "guaranteed" not to match on a different console, but neither are them if you go reuse older files...

Reactions: AyanamiRei

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.