possible to "stream " games/movies/audio/ from home server?

Discussion in 'Wii - Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection' started by mrbudders, Apr 10, 2012.

Apr 10, 2012
    • Newcomer

mrbudders New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    Ok I am not sure which forum to place this because it falls into many areas. If the mods decide this is wrong forum, please move to correct forum.
    We have 4 wii's int he house and have multiple flash drives that we place movies/games on for each wii. Instead of having to take the flash drive to the main pc and copy/paste files each time the kids want a different game or movie to play, is it possible in any way to stream the games/movies from the home pc? All the wiis are 4.3u and have been softmodded. Main game loader is CFG and movie loader is WIIMC. Pc runs win7 64
    Thank you for any help ahead of time.

obcd New Member

Message Count:
    Belgium
    WiiMC should be able to access smb shares on a windows computer. If your video is high quality, the bandwith can sometimes be insufficient for fluid video playback.

JoostinOnline Certified Crash Test Dummy

Message Count:
    United States
    This guide is a bit dated, but you should be able to set up SMB from it:
    http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/1438974

Shadow#1 Wii Softmod Expert

Message Count:
    United States
    the only way to stream games is to buy a wode with a wode wifi stick I do not know how well the streaming works but that is one the features the wode can do u can not do it with any current softmod out there.
    • Newcomer

mrbudders New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    Ok I had seen info on the wode but it was from like 2009 so I wasn't sure if there had been anything new since then. Thank you guys

SPONSORED LINKS