Hacking Possible to input redirect C-stick/ZL/ZR on an Old 3DS?

RikuKawai

Femboy Enjoyer
OP
Trophies
Website
thisis.moe
XP
Country
Canada
Is it possible to use InputRedirection in Luma to control a C-stick/ZL/ZR on an Old 3DS even though those inputs don't exist? I believe I read somewhere that they can only be redirected on a New 3DS.

Maybe this will be possible in the future by redirecting them as circle pad pro inputs on Old 3DS/2DS systems?

RikuKawai

Femboy Enjoyer
OP
Trophies
Website
thisis.moe
XP
Country
Canada
Does the O3DS even have mapping for buttons that don't exist? You can't redirect something that isn't there to begin with.
Those buttons do exist but only when you're using a circle pad pro.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

There was that controller add-on that added the buttons, just can't remember the name
Circle Pad Pro. I call it by name in the second line of the OP :P

Reactions: Dionicio3

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does that accessory carry the mapping or the console? It's said by many developers that some of the lack of adoption of the Circle Pad Pro was the CPU overhead required to use it (5%) an example of this is the "new" 3DS having a stronger CPU and the additional buttons and analog slider working. So it makes me think IR wouldn't work correctly since you can't even use CPP on an O3DS with something like Smash because of the RAM it uses. I guess that might only be true for EM games, but it just makes me wonder how well this would work.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Does that accessory carry the mapping or the console? It's said by many developers that some of the lack of adoption of the Circle Pad Pro was the CPU overhead required to use it (5%) an example of this is the "new" 3DS having a stronger CPU and the additional buttons and analog slider working. So it makes me think IR wouldn't work correctly since you can't even use CPP on an O3DS with something like Smash because of the RAM it uses. I guess that might only be true for EM games, but it just makes me wonder how well this would work.
Still, it should be possible to emulate the CPP for games that already support it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pass