Gaming (Possible Rumor) TLoZ BOTW Wii U Release Date

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
-Easy enemies once again
Have you actually played the game to know how easy it is. The part shown was early in the game.
-No weapon upgrades
So you don't consider getting better weapons through killing enemies upgrades?
-No exciting combat system- still the same kid friendly combat
It looks pretty good imo
-No skill upgrades
They do need that actually.
I am really scared for Nintendo first party titles because this kiddy stuff need too stop.
Nintendo started out as a family friendly company and it is going to end that way too.

sroemr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why get away from family friendly? Then you have nothing that may differentiate you from the other 2 main consoles. Xbox One and Playstation 4 are pretty much the exact same thing. I usually only buy one of the two each time (PS2, 360, Xbox One). Literally no reason to buy the other. The reason I went with Xbox One instead of PS4 is because Xbox has the ESPN app, and PS4 doesn't. There are a few other minor reasons, but when the major deciding factor is an app then there isn't much of a difference.

I wouldn't mind playing a baseball game but I have no interest in dropping $400 for the console and then $60 for the game when I have barely touched Madden, BF1, or any of the other new games I've bought.

Keep the family friendly theme and you'll get parents to buy it, ya know like they probably did for you when you were a kid. Then you expand to reach the more hardcore gamers by allowing games like Skyrim on the go, while also getting 95% of the same games as the other 2 major consoles.

Last edited by sroemr,
S

Saiyan Lusitano

The Switch is coming out on March 2017 so the rumour loses any argument it had. Nintendo isn't going to delay the one game literally everyone wants to play.

EDIT:

Nintendo started out as a family friendly company and it is going to end that way too.
That doesn't sound good.

Last edited by ,
S

Saiyan Lusitano

But it is true. The odds of nintendo releasing a game that will please the modern gamers (aka 12 year olds that play "manly games" like COD) are slim and I can't see them going 3rd party.
The best Nintendo games are in the past so if Ninty screws up the Switch it's not an issue of games because I've already got the ones I want.

WiseHorror

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
The best Nintendo games are in the past so if Ninty screws up the Switch it's not an issue of games because I've already got the ones I want.
That's your opinion. I still have as much fun, if not even more fun with recent Nintendo games than I had with the old ones. To each their own I guess.

Reactions: vinipeix
S

Saiyan Lusitano

That's your opinion. I still have as much fun, if not even more fun with recent Nintendo games than I had with the old ones. To each their own I guess.
So name some, if you don't mind. Modern Nintendo games for the most part just don't compare to the past games they made.

WiseHorror

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
So name some, if you don't mind. Modern Nintendo games for the most part just don't compare to the past games they made.
All the recent Zelda games(Skyward Sword, A Link Between Worlds), Mario 3D World was really fun as well, the Pokémon games, Super Smash Bros, Fire Emblem Awakening and Fates, Pikmin 3, Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze, Animal Crossing New Leaf

S

Saiyan Lusitano

All the recent Zelda games(Skyward Sword, A Link Between Worlds), Mario 3D World was really fun as well, the Pokémon games, Super Smash Bros, Fire Emblem Awakening and Fates, Pikmin 3, Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze, Animal Crossing New Leaf
Good selection. Nothing against those. Mario 3D World was more of an HD remaster/upgrade/sequel of Mario 3D Land, though.

Reactions: spotanjo3

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Why is everyone complaining because Nintendo is not making more "mature" titles from their IPs?
Are you guys forgetting this is Nintendo you are talking about?
Their main audience is still kids, family friendly, and that is a HUGE market right there, if it weren't for them, parents would have an awful time trying to pick up kid friendly games for their kids from the PS4 and XOne library.

Besides, I've been with Nintendo since the NES and they have never disappointed me when it comes to their IPs.
I always enjoy them, even right now up to the Wii U, and I enjoy them way more than most "mature"/generic stuff out there for the PS4 and XOne.
If you want your Dark Souls shit, go play it somewhere else, Zelda is fine as it is and it is still a successful franchise nevertheless.

Reactions: spotanjo3
S

Saiyan Lusitano

Why is everyone complaining because Nintendo is not making more "mature" titles from their IPs?
Are you guys forgetting this is Nintendo you are talking about?
Their main audience is still kids, family friendly, and that is a HUGE market right there, if it weren't for them, parents would have an awful time trying to pick up kid friendly games for their kids from the PS4 and XOne library.

Besides, I've been with Nintendo since the NES and they have never disappointed me when it comes to their IPs.
I always enjoy them, even right now up to the Wii U, and I enjoy them way more than most "mature"/generic stuff out there for the PS4 and XOne.
If you want your Dark Souls shit, go play it somewhere else, Zelda is fine as it is and it is still a successful franchise nevertheless.
It's not about making 'mature' games like the ones you'd imagine but their own franchises which are basically dead because all they ever focus now is on Mario, Pokémon and Zelda. At least there's Zelda so it's something.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

Amazon has some release dates of their own.

Amazon America - March 31, 2017
Amazon Germany - March 31, 2017
Amazon Italy - April 1, 2017

I know, Amazon is not a reliable source for finalised release dates but the two America and Germany have the same dates. :-/

UltraDolphinRevolution

Trophies
XP
Country
China
It's not about making 'mature' games like the ones you'd imagine but their own franchises which are basically dead because all they ever focus now is on Mario, Pokémon and Zelda. At least there's Zelda so it's something.
Mainly, yes. As someone who loves most of their franchises (except Pokemon) I was disappointed that Nintendo didn't use their immense Wii-era earnings to have a very strong launch line-up. Let Relic make a RTS game in the Fire Emblem universe, work with Treyarch to make a Metroid Multiplayer-FPS with asymmetrical gameplay. Same with Battalion Wars, Excite series, Wave Race, F-Zero, etc. Most of the time they didn't even try to use the gamepad in interesting ways except in Nintendo Land and similar games. Mario Kart 8 is good but Mario Kart Double Dash 2 with asymmetrical gameplay (1 driver, 1 item thrower with Gyro or Wiimote) would have had a bigger impact (people and developers would have paid attention).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    they killed LittleBigPlanet online, which was the main core of every LBP game
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    for real
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    at least with them, it was because of the DDOS attacks, ubisoft was just scummy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MP9YR4BXrzA