Hacking Possibility of spoofing the update on semi-bricked 3DS

FirstLady

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I tried updating to 9.2 and now my 3DS is semi-bricked. I'm not the only one :/

It's stuck on the screen:

Opening the HOME Menu...
Do not turn off the power

I can access the "System Update" screen by holding down L+R+A+UP+Power Button, however, I really don't want to update to 9.7.

Is it at all possible to spoof the update with redirection to a web server of some sort.

Can anyone try work something out for us? A genius perhaps.

FirstLady

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
try entering safe mode. boot your 3DS while holding L + R + Up + A
try entering safe mode. boot your 3DS while holding L + R + Up + A

Hi thanks, I tried that, but it simply goes to the "System Update" screen, and it's asking me if I want to enable wireless communication, obviously in order to update. But if I do that, there's no going back freom 9.7, right.

I'm really stuck, and I think NAND MOD is out of the question for me as I'm from South Africa, too far from the expert modders, and attempting to solder small circuits etc. is beyond me as well.

FirstLady

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I'll update it, sell it and buy another second hand one, tbh.

My idea however, was to try and sniff the links for the mandatory system update, create a web server on a PC and then somehow redirect the update from the server on my PC rather with the 9.2 cia's instead, perhaps via a router.

Does this sound feasible, anyone can help with this? Then we can all have peace of mind downgrading and upgrading, etc.

I think we all need something like this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol, Okies. Family graveyard is that way 👉