Status
Not open for further replies.

MSearles

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible and/or could someone port the game Downwell to the 3DS?
I don't know how it works, whether or not it's possible, etc.

Click for gameplay

header.jpg

Last edited by MSearles,
Reactions: reymas101

PF2M

Ex-Miiverse Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's very possible, considering it's an 8-bit indie game. The only question is, whether or not anyone has the motivation to fully port it.

Odnetnin46

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was made with Game Maker, so a direct port wouldn't be possible by the developer or otherwise. A 3DS port would need to be rebuilt from the ground up. That said, it's not the most complicated game in the world. I think it'd be easily doable, technically speaking. However, you need to take into account the screen resolution, since it's built for portrait mode, first and foremost.

TechyTurtle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I could get the sprites maybe (I not that good with game maker) Because I have master edition. For anyone who wants to view the game you need game maker master because regular only programs for windows. professional or masters supports steam, mac, Linux, android and etc.

MSearles

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This would be a great game for the 3DS. It's a perfect time-waster, and it's really fun. I only just found out about this game. I don't have a smartphone. I use a basic phone, so PC is the only way I can currently play this. Playing it on the 3DS would be perfect

PF2M

Ex-Miiverse Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried decrypting the PC version of Downwell and couldn't find out much about it. The iOS/Android version has a GameMaker executable file that can be decrypted, so you'd have to look into that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You need a Tylenol pm