Hacking Popsloader for 6.60 PRO-C on a PSPGo

ghostcat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all. Long time lurker, just made an account.

I have a PSPGo, running 6.60 PRO-C, and I'm trying to get popsloader working properly.
Some versions I've tried simply black screen when I select psx games. Some do nothing while I frantically hold down the R button.

Does anyone have some advice?

I have the psardumped files from my old PSP-2k, as well as others I've found. None seem to help here.

kupo3000

Trophies
XP
Country
Popsloader is not needed anymore because recent PRO-CFW versions have native ps1 support (pops).

edit: Fixed my poor choice of words just in case. :creep:

ghostcat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Popsloader is not needed anymore while using recent PRO-CFW since they're now built-in.

Well that's handy.
How do I trigger the menu then? R obviously doesn't do it.

EDIT: I'm trying to run Digimon World 3. It simply black-screens until I reset my psp when I try to run it.

kupo3000

Trophies
XP
Country
There no popsloader menu to access (well haven't found any).
PS1 eboots are supposed to boot quickly.
It could also depend if you're trying to boot a custom eboot or official psn eboot.
PSN eboots should have no issues while custom eboots could vary.

edit: Try getting another Digimon World 3 eboot or re-make the one you have with PSX2PSP.
Extract the iso from the eboot with PSX2PSP and then compress at lowest compression (1).
While googling found something about popsloader but just for cfwpro-b10.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Popsloader is not needed anymore while using recent PRO-CFW since they're now built-in.

Wait, wut???? Did that happen magically whilst i wasn't looking? Popsloader being built in would be immense, but also against PRO's legal neutrality as the prx's are Sony's.

ghostcat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I'ev been messing around. I found one thing recommending that I change the game ID to SLPS01724.
Well, I did that and set the compression to 0.
Now I'm able to pull up the home menu from the black screen.

While I appreciate not having to reset every time it fails, it still isn't great.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
POPSloader should be called "POPSchanger", as it changes the version of POPS used to increase game compatibility.

Back in the day Alex tended to name things for what they did....it "loads" certain prx's into the emulator engine. Naming things for the lowest common denominator to stop them getting confused isn't something we should encourage. When people give "advice" which is totally and utterly wrong (see "Popsloader is not needed anymore while using recent PRO-CFW since they're now built-in.") it's down to that person and not the poor naming conventions....

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Back in the day Alex tended to name things for what they did....it "loads" certain prx's into the emulator engine. Naming things for the lowest common denominator to stop them getting confused isn't something we should encourage. When people give "advice" which is totally and utterly wrong (see "Popsloader is not needed anymore while using recent PRO-CFW since they're now built-in.") it's down to that person and not the poor naming conventions....
The purpose of language is communication, if you're saying that it shouldn't be corrected so that the newbies don't understand, that's sort of elitist.

A loader loads things that normally wouldn't run. For example a USB loader for the Wii plays games from USB, which the Wii does not do natively. POPS is native, the act of swapping or changing the POPS to another version is what's not native.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm saying that there's nothing wrong with it being called popsloader as it loads prx's into the onboard PSX emu. The confusion is something new....spin back a couple of years and there was nowhere near the level of confusion. It seems that since the entry into CFW has become so much easier, the level of understanding about things has also dropped. I just think that changing a name that was never problematic seems like a bit of an over-reaction.

Edit - i suppose part of my reaction is down to the "absolute" advice which is totally wrong. Personally if i don't know anything about something i tend not to give advice, and even if i do i'd add the proviso "...but i know nothing so i'm probably wrong."

ghostcat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The old dump files from 5.x won't work from what I've seen, POPSloader for 6.x uses a different structure.

http://gbatemp.net/t...on-pro-b10-cfw/

PRO-B10 is the version right before PRO-C, so the instructions are the same.

Thanks! I'm downloading that now. I'll edit in how it works :)

EDIT: Well, this is one of the versions that causes a black screen of death.

-sigh-

EDIT 2: Well, I moved popsloader.prx and popscore.prx to the seplugins folder, and altered the POPS.txt accordingly.

Now it doesn't black screen, but I'm back to not being able to trigger the popsloader menu.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/3eGAHfC5P-Y?si=Fo3iEl1pZ4D_O6dp +1