Gadd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't afford to buy a switch, but I'm totally fine with it. I've got this:

1377294054-wii-u.jpg

It can play on tv and portable too, and after I move ten feet away from the console and the signal breaks up, if I wanna keep playing Nintendo I got this:

41UkLglF7EL.jpg

It's a much sweeter looking portable than the Switch! I don't need a Switch to be happy at all I'm toatally fine with this setup. Who's with me?!

Reactions: Bubsy Bobcat

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Sure the 3DS is great, and the Wii U has a fair amount of system sellers, no doubt about that.
I don't see how that relates to the Switch though. The only way you'll be getting any of the new games is by buying the new console. Wii U is already dead and has been for a long time, and the 3DS is not far behind. 3DS and Wii U might last you a while until you get bored of the games, but in the end if you want to play new games coming out you'll have to get a Switch.

Reactions: Sonic Angel Knight

AlexanderLS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
..., but in the end if you want to play new games coming out you'll have to get a Switch.
Nintendo said they would be trying to release ~5 games a year for mobile devices(android/iOS).
So you could just play the mobile games from Nintendo.
Also, The older Nintendo games are just plain better.
The open ended nature of BOTW is offputting.
The Mario game looks like not a Mario game. When you remove koopas/bowser/etc. and put Mario IRL it's not Mario IMO.

Last edited by AlexanderLS,
Reactions: Subtle Demise

Gadd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reasons why 3ds is better than switch.

1. Real dpad in portable config
2. Two screens, and with touchscreen support like the switch that means twice the fun!
3. More 3rd party support and huge catalog of A list titles, DS backwards compatible
4. Compact clamshell fits in my pocket or is easily carried, and less width means less risk of screen fracture due to torsional stress when being carried
5. Awesome themed designs, Gotta Catch 'Em All (I have 10 different themed DS and 3DS systems)
6. No dock means no huge risk of screen scratching (clamshell also helps with this)
7. Did someone say 3D?!? OH YEAH!!! LOVE IT. You want nintendo VR...well this is the best you're gonna do and I for one am happy
8. Awesome battery life

I don't care if the switch has better graphics. With Nintendo it isn't about that. If they were still supporting the GBA and had no other portable I'd be ok w/ that.

Who's with me??

fatsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh no no, quite the contrary mate.
WiiU is the best system I had to date. And I had literally everything out there apart from american and chinese consoles.

I've been playing WiiU with such joy and pleasure it's crazy.

Mario Kart 8- dear god it's the pinnacle of fun racing games. And split screen 2-3-4 players? Very few games beat that, if any!
SM3DW- Imo it even tops Galaxy. Amazing platformer.
Bayonetta 2-one of the most impressive action hack and slashes
Zelda BOTW-I'm still nowhere near the end but it may be the game I enjoyed the most in my life (and I hate Zeldas!!! I had to force myself throught WW and OOT)
Splatoon-This one took me back to my youth playing Counter strike together with all the rage. What a wonderful team shooter
Smash Bros-Incredibly polished (even though elitists prefer GC one) one of the most incredible party games
DK Tropical Freeze-dear lord this was fine and challenging
Lego City Undercover-My first game on WiiU and...wow. If you ever as much as touched a Lego, you will love it. I'm not a fan of GTAish games but this one was brilliant.

Other gems
Luigi U, Pikmin3, Xenoblades,Wonderful101,Captain Toad,Shovelware knight, quite a few eshop titles, Nes remix...

As for the switch you (currently) have Zelda (already on WiiU), Splatoon 2 (in summer, looks like the same game) and Mario coming maybe in winter ...
Plus manufacturing quality seems to be rather bad with Switch as far as I could see from videos and in person. (I dont have it yet, my mate does however)

Reactions: Gadd

raystriker

The powers that be
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Oh no no, quite the contrary mate.
WiiU is the best system I had to date. And I had literally everything out there apart from american and chinese consoles.

I've been playing WiiU with such joy and pleasure it's crazy.

Mario Kart 8- dear god it's the pinnacle of fun racing games. And split screen 2-3-4 players? Very few games beat that, if any!
SM3DW- Imo it even tops Galaxy. Amazing platformer.
Bayonetta 2-one of the most impressive action hack and slashes
Zelda BOTW-I'm still nowhere near the end but it may be the game I enjoyed the most in my life (and I hate Zeldas!!! I had to force myself throught WW and OOT)
Splatoon-This one took me back to my youth playing Counter strike together with all the rage. What a wonderful team shooter
Smash Bros-Incredibly polished (even though elitists prefer GC one) one of the most incredible party games
DK Tropical Freeze-dear lord this was fine and challenging
Lego City Undercover-My first game on WiiU and...wow. If you ever as much as touched a Lego, you will love it. I'm not a fan of GTAish games but this one was brilliant.

Other gems
Luigi U, Pikmin3, Xenoblades,Wonderful101,Captain Toad,Shovelware knight, quite a few eshop titles, Nes remix...

As for the switch you (currently) have Zelda (already on WiiU), Splatoon 2 (in summer, looks like the same game) and Mario coming maybe in winter ...
Plus manufacturing quality seems to be rather bad with Switch as far as I could see from videos and in person. (I dont have it yet, my mate does however)
I'm sad because of the childish tone of the OP. (That's how I interpreted it.) Can't buy a Switch? Well neither can I, get over it. Save money, be responsible and you'll get what you deserve.

Reactions: fatsquirrel

Gadd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fatsquirrel, the wii u is the Dreamcast of Nintendo consoles. Unappreciated by the masses, in many ways the finest system the company ever made (wii u hacked with emus, all the HD zelda ports, the absolute gem titles you mentioned, people have NO IDEA what they're missing!!)

Nemix77

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I need DKC Tropical Freeze and DKC Return HD on the Switch, I like DK 2D platformers more than Mario 2D platformers since the Wii.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Nintendo said they would be trying to release ~5 games a year for mobile devices(android/iOS).
So you could just play the mobile games from Nintendo.
Also, The older Nintendo games are just plain better.
The open ended nature of BOTW is offputting.
The Mario game looks like not a Mario game. When you remove koopas/bowser/etc. and put Mario IRL it's not Mario IMO.
IMO Breath of the Wild is one of the best Zelda games in a long time. It's far from perfect, it's a rather barren world, and the sidequests are kind of useless as they don't give you anything worthwhile since everything worthwhile comes from either shrines or Koroks. But I still got really hooked on it, more than I've been with any Zelda game since OoT.
I'm really hyped for Super Mario Odyssey though. Yeah it looks a bit weird and non-Mario like but it still looks like a lot of fun.

AxlSt00pid

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Reasons why 3ds is better than switch.

1. Real dpad in portable config
2. Two screens, and with touchscreen support like the switch that means twice the fun!
3. More 3rd party support and huge catalog of A list titles, DS backwards compatible
4. Compact clamshell fits in my pocket or is easily carried, and less width means less risk of screen fracture due to torsional stress when being carried
5. Awesome themed designs, Gotta Catch 'Em All (I have 10 different themed DS and 3DS systems)
6. No dock means no huge risk of screen scratching (clamshell also helps with this)
7. Did someone say 3D?!? OH YEAH!!! LOVE IT. You want nintendo VR...well this is the best you're gonna do and I for one am happy
8. Awesome battery life

I don't care if the switch has better graphics. With Nintendo it isn't about that. If they were still supporting the GBA and had no other portable I'd be ok w/ that.

Who's with me??
I still don't get your point there, pal
It looks like you can't afford the Switch (or hate it) and you try to make yourself look better than the rest of the users who have a Switch by saying "OMG 3DS AND WII U R BTTR, I'M RIGHT N' U GUYS DON'T"

Reactions: Sonic Angel Knight

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't afford to buy a switch, but I'm totally fine with it. I've got this:

1377294054-wii-u.jpg

It can play on tv and portable too, and after I move ten feet away from the console and the signal breaks up, if I wanna keep playing Nintendo I got this:

41UkLglF7EL.jpg

It's a much sweeter looking portable than the Switch! I don't need a Switch to be happy at all I'm toatally fine with this setup. Who's with me?!

I feel your paint but you can afford it! ;) What's wrong with the chores ? You can go to seniors's house to have lawn cut, wash their cars, and etc. Or, you can work as a newspaper boy or newspaper girl.

Last edited by spotanjo3,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: