• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

[POLL] Who are/would you vote for United States President?

Who are/would you vote for United States President?

• Hillary Clinton (Democrat)

Votes: 77 24.2%
  • Donald Trump (Republican)

Votes: 127 39.9%
  • Gary Johnson (Libertarian)

Votes: 26 8.2%
  • Jill Stein (Green)

Votes: 21 6.6%
  • Other

Votes: 67 21.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd vote for Trump.
Why?
Cause fuck you that's why!
I want to see how badly he can fuck up an entire country.
Is he worse then Bush?
You will see that in the next episode of "4 years of Presidency!"
Or 8 if they renew the series after the first four seasons.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel atleast that people are more likely to revote differently then to go back and change their vote.
It all depends on which thread is active. The minimization of duplicate threads is preferred, and a new thread doesn't give us anything new nor beneficial.

What a coincidence. The things that can happen to some people huh?
The burden of proof is on you to demonstrate any of this conspiracy garbage is true. Otherwise, you're just committing an association fallacy.

I personally would say the views of the DNC officials would count as affecting the campaign.
Even DNC officials are allowed to have candidate preferences. Otherwise, you're condemning people for thought crimes. What matters is whether or not they act impartially and don't give favorable treatment to a candidate. So far, a lack of impartiality in the actions of the DNC has not been demonstrated.

Let's see. Why did Debbie whatsherface resign as CEO of the DNC as soon as she was questioned?
Because she made controversial statements for someone in her position, and she didn't want to distract from the convention nor the campaign.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The burden of proof is on you to demonstrate any of this conspiracy garbage is true. Otherwise, you're just committing an association fallacy.

Do you not find any of that strange? Why would they all die in similar ways like that? Of course you know as well as I that I can't prove any of this, but doesn't it make you wonder even a little? Either they're very lucky or something is going on.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you not find any of that strange? Why would they all die in similar ways like that? Of course you know as well as I that I can't prove any of this, but doesn't it make you wonder even a little? Either they're very lucky or something is going on.
I know three people who have died in two separate car crashes. Does that mean I killed them? And this is without me being President of the United States and having a connection to just about everyone in government, widening my pool of mortal human beings. People die. There are no red flags in the debunked conspiracy silliness you've posted.

Donald Trump is 70 years old and has been a public figure for quite some time. I'm sure I could put on my tinfoil hat, pull up everyone who has ever died in his life, categorize them by cause of death, and make just as substantive a conspiracy theory.

Last edited by Lacius,
Reactions: SuzieJoeBob

RevPokemon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even DNC officials are allowed to have candidate preferences. Otherwise, you're condemning people for thought crimes. What matters is whether or not they act impartially and don't give favorable treatment to a candidate. So far, a lack of impartiality in the actions of the DNC has not been demonstrated.
All I am saying is that when you are personally supportive of someone you are naturally more inclined to act in their favor.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All I am saying is that when you are personally supportive of someone you are naturally more inclined to act in their favor.
Everyone has opinions and preferences, including DNC officials, judges, etc. That does not mean they cannot compartmentalize their opinions and the job that requires impartiality. The burden of proof is on the person claiming misconduct.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know three people who have died in two separate car crashes. Does that mean I killed them? And this is without me being President of the United States and having a connection to just about everyone in government, widening my pool of mortal human beings. People die. There are no red flags in the debunked conspiracy silliness you've posted.

Donald Trump is 70 years old and has been a public figure for quite some time. I'm sure I could put on my tinfoil hat, pull up everyone who has ever died in his life, categorize them by cause of death, and make just as substantive a conspiracy theory.
Yes you're right but you seem to forget the thing that makes you and her different. The people that died either had dirt on the Clintons or were investigating them or they were going to testify against them. Either way ignoring the pic I posted, it doesn't change the fact that Hillary is a snake that can't even keep her dirty secrets under wraps.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I don't want to vote in this poll, because I'm not informed enough to be honest. Even though I'm a "right wing" guy here in Sweden (and by that I don't mean far right), I think Democrats are the best bet in the US. I actually get the feeling that Obama is like the right wing party here, and our left wing is.... messed up.

From what little I know, I'd say Bernie seemed like a cool dude. Hillary doesn't really feel all that bright somehow. And Donald Duc- I mean Trump, well that goes without saying.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes you're right but you seem to forget the thing that makes you and her different. The people that died either had dirt on the Clintons or were investigating them or they were going to testify against them. Either way ignoring the pic I posted, it doesn't change the fact that Hillary is a snake that can't even keep her dirty secrets under wraps.
How is she a snake?

RevPokemon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everyone has opinions and preferences, including DNC officials, judges, etc. That does not mean they cannot compartmentalize their opinions and the job that requires impartiality. The burden of proof is on the person claiming misconduct.
The party is supposed to conduct a fair primary so that it's members can select it's next leader. A few high powered leaders of the party aren't supposed to be able to select the candidate of their choice. They are supposed to remain neutral and support the candidate the members elect. Emails indicating that they think their role is anything but that, and then further emails showing they have a preferred candidate and are actively trying to use their position within the party to further their own personal agenda. Any party leadership is going to do what they think is best for that party, to include pushing the candidate they think is most likely to win in an election, however it comes to a point where they cross the line. It is very safe to say that they crossed it.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The party is supposed to conduct a fair primary so that it's members can select it's next leader.
Which is what happened.

A few high powered leaders of the party aren't supposed to be able to select the candidate of their choice.
Which did not happen.

They are supposed to remain neutral and support the candidate the members elect.
Which is what happened.

Emails indicating that they think their role is anything but that, and then further emails showing they have a preferred candidate and are actively trying to use their position within the party to further their own personal agenda.
The leaked emails show nothing more than some personal preference and spitballing. There were no thumbs on the scale. Senator Sanders was not disenfranchised. The primary was fair. The burden of proof is on the person claiming impropriety.

Any party leadership is going to do what they think is best for that party, to include pushing the candidate they think is most likely to win in an election, however it comes to a point where they cross the line. It is very safe to say that they crossed it.
Where did they cross the line? Regardless of some people's personal preferences and spitballing hypotheticals, neither candidate received any sort of advantage from the Democratic Party.

Senator Sanders lost the primary because Secretary Clinton received over 3 million more votes. It wasn't rigged.

Last edited by Lacius,

RevPokemon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The leaked emails show nothing more than some personal preference and spitballing. There were no thumbs on the scale. Senator Sanders was not disenfranchised. The primary was fair. The burden of proof is on the person claiming impropriety.
https://wikileaks.org/dnc-emails/emailid/592 - Planning for withdrawal in April
https://wikileaks.org/dnc-emails/emailid/5823 - Damn Liar
https://wikileaks.org/dnc-emails/emailid/11508 - Atheist vs Jew
https://wikileaks.org/dnc-emails/emailid/9999 - Bernie will not be president

I do not understand how you could honestly consider that simply to be mere personal preference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.