Hacking POLL: What do you want from PS4 hacking?

What do you want from PS4 hacking?

• CFW (Custom Firmware)

Votes: 188 74.6%
  • MFW (Modified Firmware)

Votes: 40 15.9%
  • DEX (Developer Firmware Modified For CFW)

Votes: 17 6.7%
  • More TESTKIT (Developer Firmware)

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • Linux (SteamOS, etc)

Votes: 47 18.7%
  • Game Modding (Online/Offline)

Votes: 84 33.3%
  • Dual-Boot OS (Boot Normal OFW and CFW)

Votes: 74 29.4%
  • More Real-Time Tools (RTM, RT)

Votes: 22 8.7%
  • SEX (Store Model Demo Firmware)

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • Ability to play PS1 and PS3 games. (Maybe PS3)

Votes: 129 51.2%
  • Ability to run emulators including N64.

Votes: 114 45.2%
  • Free PSPlus

Votes: 51 20.2%
  • Game Backups

Votes: 174 69.0%
  • Cool Homebrew

Votes: 103 40.9%
  • Modify Skyrim SE to run any mod of choice without limit of 1gb. (Mods from Nexus, etc.)

Votes: 38 15.1%
  • Bragging Rights XD

Votes: 40 15.9%
  • FW Spoofer

Votes: 75 29.8%
  • External HDD data support.

Votes: 83 32.9%
  • PSVita Related Hacks

Votes: 30 11.9%
  • Bruteforce Save Hacking

Votes: 22 8.7%
  • Free DLC

Votes: 49 19.4%
  • Modify Fallout 4 to run any mod of choice without limit. (Mods from Nexus, etc.)

Votes: 18 7.1%

• Total voters

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For me its emulation but not n64 emulation. For me its MAME emulation and because of the ps4 hardware, it might be possible to emulate 3d arcade games at good speeds for the first time on a console like arcade soul calibur 1, mace the dark age, or the lost world jurassic park for example. Just a wish.

Last edited by cvskid,

Zero72463

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What are you talking about? The whole point of Wine is to not having to port things, it just runs Windows binaries without any changes to them. That being said, of course a lot of programs will have bugs or simply not run at all, but that doesn't mean the program has to adapt, it simply means Wine needs to be modified/improved.

Also, what happened to the poll of this post? The percentage values for the options add up to a whole lot more than 100%...

Oh, and I wonder what would happen if someone were to install Virtualbox or something similar on their PS4 Linux distro, and try to run Windows from there. I'm gonna guess the PS4 hardware lacks some of the CPU extensions needed to get decent performance, but we don't know til' we tried right?

As for what I want from PS4 hacking: I want UHD BluRay playback for the PS4 Pro (which Sony should've included in the first place).

What is UHD BlueRay playback?

ManuelKoegler

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
What is UHD BlueRay playback?
UHD is ultra HD, or 4k.
He basically wants 4k blu ray compatibility, which I'd love to have to.
Don't think this is a software issue with the ps4, but rather a hardware issue (they were trying to keep the price down after all), so I don't think a software hack will solve the issue, sadly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zero72463

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UHD is ultra HD, or 4k.
Don't think this is a software issue with the ps4, but rather a hardware issue (they were trying to keep the price down after all), so I don't think a software hack will solve the issue, sadly.

Yeah I was thinking since most PS4 games run at 60fps if we put non-4k just 1080p patches on games we could run them at a decent 30fps or higher? I really don't mind 30fps.

ManuelKoegler

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yeah I was thinking since most PS4 games run at 60fps if we put non-4k just 1080p patches on games we could run them at a decent 30fps or higher? I really don't mind 30fps.
We could probably do that for the pro some time down the line, we can do that for the Wii U as well after all (change resolution and such).
I just want 60fps bloodborne and witcher, that'd be a dream come true.

Zero72463

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We could probably do that for the pro some time down the line, we can do that for the Wii U as well after all (change resolution and such).
I just want 60fps bloodborne and witcher, that'd be a dream come true.

Yeah. If MFW gets released we could possibly shut down processes that aren't required while gaming. CFW could do the trick as well. Also I mean using PRO patches on normal PS4 games. We could possibly game at 30fps. Although overheating and hardware failure could be a problem.

Reactions: ManuelKoegler

psvpwner

Trophies
XP
Country
UHD is ultra HD, or 4k.

Pretty sure it's a software issue. Sony said they wouldn't include it because they'd found that not enough people were using there PS4's for playing BluRays to justify the cost of adding support for it (there's probably a license fee they have to pay for every device, as well as the cost for developing the required software). The PS4 also doesn't play PS1- or PS2 discs, and it doesn't even play music CDs.

Zero72463

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty sure it's a software issue. Sony said they wouldn't include it because they'd found that not enough people were using there PS4's for playing BluRays to justify the cost of adding support for it (there's probably a license fee they have to pay for every device, as well as the cost for developing the required software). The PS4 also doesn't play PS1- or PS2 discs, and it doesn't even play music CDs.

Once CFW comes out we can play PS1 and PS2 games though. :)

Reactions: ManuelKoegler

ManuelKoegler

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Suppose it could also be due to license costs why it isn't included.
Sony's reasoning though that not enough people may be using the ps4 for bluray is plain idiotic, because they got ripped a new one for not including 4k blu ray support in their 4k console whereas their competitor does.
Also unless your bandwith and connection is top notch, 4k streaming isn't viable, nor is it comparable to even regular blu ray because of compression.

Last edited by ManuelKoegler,

psvpwner

Trophies
XP
Country
Suppose it could also be due to license costs why it isn't included.
Sony's reasoning though that not enough people may be using the ps4 for bluray is plain idiotic, because they got ripped a new one for not including 4k blu ray support in their 4k console whereas their competitor does.
Also unless your bandwith and connection is top notch, 4k streaming isn't viable, nor is it comparable to even regular blu ray because of compression.

Agreed, I think it's a total bullshit argument. I'm just reposting what I remember them saying before. And yes, streaming won't come close to the bitrate you get from a disc any time soon. Which is why adding "3rd party" support would be awesome :) Maybe running Kodi through Linux on the PS4 Pro is a good way of doing that, I'm not sure.

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco
The only thing that will get me to buy a PS4 is...

The ability to have CFW and run game backups, PS1, PS2 and PS3 games, emulators, and homebrew.
But for now, let's just stick to PS3 Rebug and the Vita :yayps3: :yaypsp:

Reactions: Zero72463

Zero72463

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only thing that will get me to buy a PS4 is...

The ability to have CFW and run game backups, PS1, PS2 and PS3 games, emulators, and homebrew.
But for now, let's just stick to PS3 Rebug and the Vita :yayps3: :yaypsp:

If Sony releases a PS3 VC we can do PS3. Not right now we only suspect doing PS1 and PS2. Of course piracy is what we all want! :)
You would be surprised how many staff I know on this website who seem non-piracy, but actually pirate. It's weird. Hope for the best! :D

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Tbh I want this thread too stay alive until actual PS4 hacking comes out. I am interested in seeing everyone's opinions and thoughts. :)

Reactions: CatmanFan

atomsk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Maybe emulators and game mods. I'm actually pretty happy with my ps4 already.
Backwards compatibilty would've been awesome, though.

I wish these things could happen but more than likely they won't until years down the road. I mean look how long it took for Henkaku to come out for the PS Vita.

psvpwner

Trophies
XP
Country
I wish these things could happen but more than likely they won't until years down the road. I mean look how long it took for Henkaku to come out for the PS Vita.

That was largely because the PS Vita had good security, which the PS4 does not have. Hackers have had kernel access to the PS4 for a long time, with the PS Vita that has not been the case.

D

Deleted User

I don't own a Playsation4 and never will but game backups and CFW would be cool

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu