• Total voters

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
A question for you, how is your dock placed? Is there plenty of room on all sides for ventilation or do you have it placed into a cramped media cabinet or similar? This could make a huge difference to how hot it gets.
I have back cover (cable cover) open to be sure, there is enough "air" coming in. I have it on a shelf, where is nothing else. It has plenty of room

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Nintendo replaced my warped switch, so now i am thinking to buy this http://www.ebay.es/itm/Portable-Rep...-Stand-For-Nintendo-Switch-Dock-/272681660967
For sure it improves the airflow!

Sent from my X900+ using Tapatalk
That's a good idea, it looks similar to a 3D printed design I saw, it's kind of expensive though.
Only problem with it, is it seems to be missing the plastic thing that goes into the bottom of the Switch to dock it more securely and prevent wear on the USB-C port.
I was thinking of just removing the back of the dock, you just have to take it apart and then reassemble it without that piece. But this looks like a much better solution. I may pick up one of those myself once I get mine repaired/replaced.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the necrobump, but I just wanted to point out that after almost 6 months, my switch is now bending.
Doesn't affect playing it at all, but people should maybe start checking their devices again to see if this problem starts happening more often the longer you've had it.
If this does turn out to be an actual issue we could get nintendo to repair them and potentially fix the issue on future switch units.
Edit: just to note I have used it almost exclusively in handheld mode, so unless the few times I've had it in the dock warped it, it may be other factors.

Last edited by TheCyberQuake,
D

Deleted User

Sorry for the necrobump, but I just wanted to point out that after almost 6 months, my switch is now bending.
Doesn't affect playing it at all, but people should maybe start checking their devices again to see if this problem starts happening more often the longer you've had it.
If this does turn out to be an actual issue we could get nintendo to repair them and potentially fix the issue on future switch units.
Edit: just to note I have used it almost exclusively in handheld mode, so unless the few times I've had it in the dock warped it, it may be other factors.
It's plastic, it's normal for it to bend. Metal frame also helps with it due to high temperatures.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's plastic, it's normal for it to bend. Metal frame also helps with it due to high temperatures.
It's not normal for a device to go from being straight normally to being bent without any force applied. That's called warping, which again is not normal.
Update: I slowly and VERY gently started trying to unbend the system. It seems like it's mostly gone back to it's original shape.
You'll obviously want to remove the joycon first, and if anyone tries it please be careful, be very gentle and do so at your own risk.

Last edited by TheCyberQuake,
Reactions: whateverg1012

TechnicR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Sorry for the bump.

I am a (happy) new owner of a used Switch. Yesterday I noticed that it is bent a little bit. I use it mainly in docked mode. While playing Zelda it's not so hot but Mario Odissey makes it be in flames.

What is the policy/experiences not about the bending "issue" ?

It was an American import into the EU, and it is second hand so there is no warranty for me :(

Can I fix it somehow? Or leave it be?

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sorry for the bump.

I am a (happy) new owner of a used Switch. Yesterday I noticed that it is bent a little bit. I use it mainly in docked mode. While playing Zelda it's not so hot but Mario Odissey makes it be in flames.

What is the policy/experiences not about the bending "issue" ?

It was an American import into the EU, and it is second hand so there is no warranty for me :(

Can I fix it somehow? Or leave it be?
I have a Switch since release day... so it makes one year and 8 months?
I've never seen it getting "in flames", but it certainly gets a bit hot, specially if it's docked.
I've used it quite a lot, mostly with Zelda, Xenoblade 2 and Mario Odyssey; it should run top hot with those ones I guess.

Right now I am not sure if it came "bent" or it got "bent".
Usually what people call "bent" looks quite OK/Normal to me, so until I saw a picture of what people considered a bent console I thought mine was normal.
I guess I don't give two fucks?

The thing is, it works perfectly fine. I don't see a reason to "fix" it. You know how it goes, if it's not broken don't fix it... or you may break it for real.

Last edited by sarkwalvein,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn