Homebrew [Poll]Downgrade to 4.x or stay at 9.2?

Downgrade or 4.x or stay at 9.2?

• Downgrade

Votes: 84 56.4%
  • stay at 9.2

Votes: 65 43.6%

• Total voters

iCuke

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
What do you guys recommend? Because i dont see really advantages in downgrade. Sure you have to use the internet exploit but with Shadowtrances gateway loader its no problem now. Once i downgraded my 3DS on 4.x can i update it on 9.2 again? Or it is impossible? Would be nice to ehar some feedback an the opinion from the community :)

ody81

Trophies
XP
Country
I can only speak for myself, but 4.5 doesn't have the update to format thing. Which is handy if shit happens and you really wanna scrub your sysNAND for whatever reason.

And there's no themes at 4.5, there's a clear visual difference between my sysNAND and emuNAND, it helps me feel more secure about not accidently updating when it's 2am and I should be asleep and not dicking around with my 3ds lol

Reactions: DoJo_Master

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I can only speak for myself, but 4.5 doesn't have the update to format thing. Which is handy if shit happens and you really wanna scrub your sysNAND for whatever reason.

And there's no themes at 4.5, there's a clear visual difference between my sysNAND and emuNAND, it helps me feel more secure about not accidently updating when it's 2am and I should be asleep and not dicking around with my 3ds lol

The second point is a bit moot since you can just set a different theme for sysnand and emunand. Problem solved.

ody81

Trophies
XP
Country
The second point is a bit moot since you can just set a different theme for sysnand and emunand. Problem solved.

Very true, plus my emuNAND is full of .cias, BUT when I'm sleepy at 2am playing 3ds, I'm usually drunk off my ass as well.
I like to cover every base I can.

Obviously you don't have this problem :grog:

Edit: If you could solve <this> problem for me I'd give you a gold star.

Reactions: DoJo_Master

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Very true, plus my emuNAND is full of .cias, BUT when I'm sleepy at 2am playing 3ds, I'm usually drunk off my ass as well.
I like to cover every base I can.

Obviously you don't have this problem :grog:

I don't even have a modded 3DS, but I'd imagine seeing the difference between a black and white themed 3DS should be just as easy as a black and white themed 3DS where the latter has no theme button.
Also, I seem to remember someone saying that while 9.x does ask you to connect to the INTERNET to format, it actually won't update it.

tatumanu

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I just don't see the point on downgrading right now.
The only advantage i can tell is using the offline DS profile exploit instead of the web browser hack and running old DS carts.

logg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sticking with 9.2 sysnand. Downgrading breaks newer retail cartridge save game compatibility. Just format sysnand, then you can have a different theme. Only real benefit for 4.x is that you can make .cia files from your backup roms, but you still can't on 9.2.

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
The only reason I downgraded is not to use the damn browser exploit every time i rebooted my console. If you backup your 9.2 NAND before you downgrade you can always go back to 9.2 via the GW menu. You dont have themes on 4.x but who the F cares about that when you can update emunand to the latest version, and frankly thats the only thing that matters.

ody81

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't even have a modded 3DS, but I'd imagine seeing the difference between a black and white themed 3DS should be just as easy as a black and white themed 3DS where the latter has no theme button.
Also, I seem to remember someone saying that while 9.x does ask you to connect to the INTERNET to format, it actually won't update it.

Really, I mean drunk off my ass. Really.

And the update to format seems pointless if it doesn't work. Don't know why people are worried then. I just put dodgy ssid's in my sysNAND anyhow...

N00b Smasher

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Downgrade. Having to use the browser exploit is a pain in the ass compared to the DS profile method, and you can use NTR CFW for screenshots. Plus you cannot generate xorpads on 9.x, and if you're going to use emunand like any good GW user, there's no actual reason to have your sysnand on >4.x. Lastly, the home menu takes much longer to load on 9.x.

And yes, you can always upgrade back, but why would you want to?

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Righty-dokie, it's something I've read a bunch of times here and there. Internet rumors I guess.

The rumor is because IIRC, it asks you to connect to the internet to format in later versions. While I don't know what it uses the internet connection for, updating is not one of those things.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9p0iK877W4