Hacking Question [Poll] Do you want the Nintendo Switch hacked, No or Yes?

Do you want the Nintendo Switch hacked?

• No

Votes: 114 20.4%
  • Yes

Votes: 443 79.4%

• Total voters

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi Tempers,

This is a simple question to be answered by yourselves and I am very interested what the outcome would be within this community, whether you want the Nintendo Switch hacked or not.

I don't want this thread to turn into any sort of flaming war so please, none of that just a simple answer, No or Yes. I do realize there is a lot of talk floating around at the moment about a "kernel" entry/dump already but no one has access to it yet and no one knows for sure it even exists, anyway for all we know it could just be a lot of propaganda talk. So I just want a factual answer before anything like this may blow up for real to the end user!

Also I want as many users to vote on this as possible. You don't have to make a comment below if you don't want too, that's totally up to you. You can do, you may want to write down your reasons as to why?

Edit: lets not have a war over back up/piracy issues here, if you want it hacked for back up/piracy purposes then say so there is no need to be ashamed of that or if not then just pop your vote in. This is an open free poll, say it how it is and I want to know what mainly interests you, if you want this console hacked or not.

Last edited by Reecey,

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Heck yeah! Can't wait for emulation and romhacks!

(Also kernel access doesn't exist, just the kernel has been dumped, that's all)
Thanks. I didn't know what had been done with the kernal part I've not really been following this news so I have corrected the op.

Edit: I thought Derrek made it known he had "kernal access" on his twitter page? :unsure:

Last edited by Reecey,

Arck

Trophies
XP
Country
Console with possibility to have free games = more console sold :creep:
So I don't know if Nintendo win more when it's possible to pirate games, because anyway those who pirate won't pay their games

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Console with possibility to have free games = more console sold :creep:
So I don't know if Nintendo win more when it's possible to pirate games, because anyway those who pirate won't pay their games
Yep because nintendo really sold a ton of WiiU's after it was hacked

D

Deleted User

At the moment, I really couldn't care if the Switch gets hacked or not. I have all the (tiny handful of) Switch games that have peaked my interest to keep me occupied for a good while, and I'm currently playing all the emulators I need on my Vita and 3DS.

When and if Nintendo release Unity for Switch to Indie devs over on their developer portal, I will definitely change my mind and say yes. I love to try my hand out at making games on new hardware with exclusive gimmiks and features, but I would obviously need some way to run game backups to actually be able to try it out.

Reactions: TheDarkGreninja

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Also nice. Never really watched Fallout on Prime, but sounds like a good show. +1