[Poll][BFWWIWA] What should be the next system covered?

Which system would you like to see covered in the next BFWWIWA issue?

• Atari 2600

Votes: 16 5.9%
  • Nintendo Game Boy Colour

Votes: 17 6.3%
  • Nintendo Game Boy Advance

Votes: 16 5.9%
  • Nintendo DS

Votes: 10 3.7%
  • Nintendo 3DS

Votes: 43 15.8%
  • Nintendo Gamecube

Votes: 31 11.4%
  • Nintendo Wii

Votes: 10 3.7%
  • SEGA Master System

Votes: 15 5.5%
  • SEGA Mega Drive/Genesis

Votes: 7 2.6%
  • Sony PlayStation

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Sony PlayStation 2

Votes: 6 2.2%
  • Sony PlayStation 3

Votes: 8 2.9%
  • Sony PSP

Votes: 7 2.6%
  • Sony PSVita

Votes: 58 21.3%
  • PC - A Personal RETRO-Spective

Votes: 25 9.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The_Hulkster

Trophies
XP
Country
What are you not convinced about with 3DS XL?

Mainly concerned about the novelty factor, whether it will fade or not.
And the absence of anti-aliasing, whether this remains to be disturbing.

The dimensions and weight of the device are also a concern.
I would mainly play it in bed, lying down, I assume.

Lastly, I am wondering if there are any good games.
I haven't really kept track of them but most of the stuff I see pass here is JRPG/anime-based games, which I really don't like.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
The 3DS does Anti-Aliasing just fine, it's a per-game matter, so that's no concern. The XL is surprisingly comfy considering its size, but a bit too thin for my taste - you might want to grab a grip, an external battery or a CPP XL if you have big hands. The library is a subjective matter, but I think you will find something to your liking unless you specifically crave FPS games which the 3DS lacks for some inexplicable reason - I think there's just one available for the system.

Reactions: TripleSMoon

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
On the 3ds library I hold it is not competitive with the GBA or DS for the amount of time it has been out -- 3 years, the DS at the same time http://gbatemp.net/threads/5-years-of-ds-roms-in-5-days-year-3.236882/ . Likewise the third party situation, while not as dire as the home consoles since the SNES, it not great. For the sort of games I went in for (basically non Nintendo stuff with http://gbatemp.net/threads/links-to-various-gbatemp-features-over-the-years.352851/ giving a rough idea) they are somewhat absent, android and IOS being the main culprits here -- it did not mention it so much in the articles but I would usually go to mobygames or something and click on the designer/producer/director and programmer names, time and time again it was Android/IOS and some of the best it has to offer. Somewhat amusingly we saw the same things with DS homebrew.
If we share similar tastes then it is still a question as to whether picking up an android/IOS device is the way forward. The 3ds stuff could well be a waiting on better hacks and/or waiting on the end of the system lifetime and cleaning up then affair though.

If you are more of a Nintendo first party type then there might be cause for a pause there as well -- they are neglecting a few of their more niche franchises and what remains has a distinct sense of treading water, give or take a couple of pretty nice games. I am not the best person to ask there though so take that with a pinch of salt.

Edit.
Come to think of it though I really did a lot of GBA and DS, also a fairly big dent in GB/GBC before then. If you did not do so much there though then you might have a better time with the 3ds. However I would then argue a DS lite and flash carts for both the slots would be the better option.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Fierce as it was, the poll is now officially over! Try as it might, the 3DS could not overtake the massive lead the PSVita had, which means that in the next issue, Foxi will answer the age old question - why would you want a PSVita! :yaypsp:

Reactions: TripleSMoon

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Fierce as it was, the poll is now officially over! Try as it might, the 3DS could not overtake the massive lead the PSVita had, which means that in the next issue, Foxi will answer the age old question - why would you want a PSVita! :yaypsp:

By "age old," you mean since it came out, in 2012.

Or, perhaps, you mean a little earlier, since the 3DS got its price drop. :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: With uremum