Gaming Poll: Are you going to buy the Switch Traditional Controller at launch?

• Thread starter Saiyan Lusitano
  • Start date
  • Views 2,318
  • Replies 31

Will you be getting the Switch's Pro Controller at launch?

• Yes

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • No

Votes: 43 66.2%
  • Maybe

Votes: 5 7.7%

• Total voters
S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
Traditional as in what they're calling the "Pro Controller." I personally already have it pre-ordered as I tried it at the premiere and loved it.

What I don't love is the ridiculous price ($69.99 / £59.99 or £64.99 / 69.95€) yeah it has a lot of technology so in the long run, I hope it justifies the price overall. And for these RRP prices, the battery better be as long as it was on the Wii U Pro Controller (about 70-80 hrs long).

It sucks it has digital triggers but oh well. One minor flaw.

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll get it at launch to play zelda. I have larger hands, so it'll be more comfy at home to play with than the joycons. I'll get more joycons when they release zelda or metroid themed ones.

Reactions: Maximilious
S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
I decided to go for the extra set of joycons instead since I couldn't preorder their pro controller anyway. Price is just insane I'm going to wait until they discount it or I get a gift card or something.
Yep, that's what I plan on doing. Buy from Amazon and use gift cards to reduce the value.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Nah, it's way too expensive, and I don't need more stuff I don't really need taking up space in my apartment. The Joy-Con dock that comes with the console will do the job, I see no need for another controller unless for multiplayer, but I rarely have visitors.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope not getting it at launch thats for sure.
I have some 3d printed joycons and the setup feels good to me so no need to go and spend money on a pro controller.
That money will go towards another game. Been thinking about getting bomerman. (already got zelda perorder).

And getting it later on might not happen either i never got one for the wii u and only got the classic for the wii because it was cheap and needed it for a game. (cant remember which one)

So yea its going to be a pass for me.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
Nope not getting it at launch thats for sure.
I have some 3d printed joycons and the setup feels good to me so no need to go and spend money on a pro controller.
That money will go towards another game. Been thinking about getting bomerman. (already got zelda perorder).

And getting it later on might not happen either i never got one for the wii u and only got the classic for the wii because it was cheap and needed it for a game. (cant remember which one)

So yea its going to be a pass for me.
Just because you printed out some Joy-Cons with a 3D Printer that's just a clone sample, not a genuine sample. You can't really say you like something until you've tried the original. It's like comparing a Chinese knockoff of the Wii U Pro Controller versus the Official Wii U Pro Controller.

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I am not going to buy the console at launch so I would assume its safe for me to say no, I am not going to buy the pro controller at launch either.
This is not necessarily logical. I have two Dualshock 4 controllers but no PS home console :P

Last edited by Hayleia, , Reason: the sentence made no sense without the "no"...

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just because you printed out some Joy-Cons with a 3D Printer that's just a clone sample, not a genuine sample. You can't really say you like something until you've tried the original. It's like comparing a Chinese knockoff of the Wii U Pro Controller versus the Official Wii U Pro Controller.
Why the hate?
I didnt say it was the same as the oem.
But its gives me a feel of what the real ones would feel like.
After all nintendo probably printed there own joycon to hold before making them.
Normally they do this stuff out of clay but with tech these days.

And as said to me to me it feels good so i have no need to buy a pro controller.
I doubt the joycons will feel a ton different

S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
Why the hate?
I didnt say it was the same as the oem.
But its gives me a feel of what the real ones would feel like.
After all nintendo probably printed there own joycon to hold before making them.
Normally they do this stuff out of clay but with tech these days.

And as said to me to me it feels good so i have no need to buy a pro controller.
I doubt the joycons will feel a ton different
Not hate, you're just assuming they're good because the 3D printed ones are. The 3D printed ones are probably a bit better on stuff like the analogue stick.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I could be wrong but I doubt the pro controller or joyless cons will be sold out at launch so I will wait until I have it in hand before I make that decision. Only getting Zelda at launch so no urgent need for a second controller anyway.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
I could be wrong but I doubt the pro controller or joyless cons will be sold out at launch so I will wait until I have it in hand before I make that decision. Only getting Zelda at launch so no urgent need for a second controller anyway.
Hori will also be making their own traditional controller but the d-pad is similar to the ones on the old Xbox 360 pads which isn't good at all. Hori tends to do a lot better controllers than this.

Plus, it's wired so they ditch including a battery completely.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not so keen on wired controllers. I put up with GC controllers for Smash and such, but ugg, they never get put away and I am always untangling them. I will pay the extra for wireless.

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not hate, you're just assuming they're good because the 3D printed ones are. The 3D printed ones are probably a bit better on stuff like the analogue stick.

These are non functioning one. So there just model that give a feel of button shape and button placement.
They dont give any feedback on pressing a button or moving a stick. There not even to weight (much lighter then oem)
But its something to hold in your hands and get a feel for it vs looking at photos and hearing what others have said.. They are printed to scale so that helps with getting a feel for it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.