Hacking (POLL) 2DS With Gateway... How Well Does It Work?

How well has the Gateway worked on your 2DS? (3DS USERS PLEASE DO NOT VOTE)

• Total voters

BringusStudios

OP
Trophies
Website
bringus.studio
XP
Country
United States
So I've heard of people using the Gateway on 2DS systems just fine, while some people say it gives horrible errors, and someone even said it bricked their 2DS. What I need to know is which one of these three scenarios is true, or if two or all three can happen through normal use. In other words,

can I use the Gateway on a 2DS just as well as someone on a 3DS(XL)?
(...and don't mention the "2DS had no v4.5" crap... Gateway works on v9.2 :P )

Remember to vote on the poll, too.

Deleted member 361703

GBATemp OldFag
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
So I've heard of people using the Gateway on 2DS systems just fine, while some people say it gives horrible errors, and someone even said it bricked their 2DS. What I need to know is which one of these three scenarios is true, or if two or all three can happen through normal use. In other words,

can I use the Gateway on a 2DS just as well as someone on a 3DS(XL)?
(...and don't mention the "2DS had no v4.5" crap... Gateway works on v9.2 :P )

Remember to vote on the poll, too.
I have used every system and just traded my xl for a 2ds and it works better than I expected just make sure you set your systems SD card and the gateway up correctly.

Reactions: BringusStudios

Deleted member 361703

GBATemp OldFag
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Good to hear... Hopefully this is the norm and not the exception :).
Where did you hear these rumors of bricked devices? Older firmware isn't really necessary I upgrade to anything between 7.X and 9.2 because I believe higher versions can actually reduce bricking on the 3ds side not yours. But that may be only my opinion. Also I returned the device for another color and got two different models one made in 2014 and one from 2013 and both worked fine.

BringusStudios

OP
Trophies
Website
bringus.studio
XP
Country
United States
Where did you hear these rumors of bricked devices? Older firmware isn't really necessary I upgrade to anything between 7.X and 9.2 because I believe higher versions can actually reduce bricking on the 3ds side not yours. But that may be only my opinion. Also I returned the device for another color and got two different models one made in 2014 and one from 2013 and both worked fine.

Cant remember where I heard of the brick, I just remember hearing it.

Sizednochi

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If I recall correctly there were a few 2DS incompatibility issues on Ultra 3.0 but they were fixed on 3.1.

BringusStudios

OP
Trophies
Website
bringus.studio
XP
Country
United States
I just got my 2DS yesterday (and already severed the camera cable during repair :P) and I don't have my Gateway yet, and trying to convert all my roms to .cia's is the most frustrating process ever...

BringusStudios

OP
Trophies
Website
bringus.studio
XP
Country
United States
I got my GW about a week ago and it seems like it's working perfect! I haven't tested any .3ds roms, but .cia games install just fine, and I'm not noticing any out-of-the-ordinary bugs. :lol:

Osmosis

Accidents Happen. Don't be one of them.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gawd, that is so cool. I know the 2DS doesn't get a good rep, but it I think they're gorgeous. I don;t really use 3D on my O3SDXL much anyhow... and yeah, the screen is a bit smaller, but meh, the unit just seems really well built. Harks back to the GB design as well. I am so jelly of the trigger grip they made for it. Wish the 3DSXL and N3DSXL had more tigger grip support.

I do see a lot of kids with abused 3DS units. So many times I wish I had my screw drivers to fix loose covers. The power slot is the worst. So filthy. The 2DS seems like they really did a good job building a solid unit for abuse. Oddly I would have thought the 2DS would have pioneered the second thumbstick before the N3DSXL did. Maybe we'll see a N2DS with some added features...?

Reactions: WhoAmI?

samiam144

Régulier
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Lucky you legofan623! I was only able to load devmenu from the gateway card on my friend's 2DS once!! And that was after hours and hours of reformatting many different mSD cards; it finally worked with a no-name 2GB card. But that's only AFTER I had to hold the gateway card at a certain angle with my thumb. So frustrating lol

BringusStudios

OP
Trophies
Website
bringus.studio
XP
Country
United States
Gawd, that is so cool. I know the 2DS doesn't get a good rep, but it I think they're gorgeous. I don;t really use 3D on my O3SDXL much anyhow... and yeah, the screen is a bit smaller, but meh, the unit just seems really well built. Harks back to the GB design as well. I am so jelly of the trigger grip they made for it. Wish the 3DSXL and N3DSXL had more tigger grip support.

I do see a lot of kids with abused 3DS units. So many times I wish I had my screw drivers to fix loose covers. The power slot is the worst. So filthy. The 2DS seems like they really did a good job building a solid unit for abuse. Oddly I would have thought the 2DS would have pioneered the second thumbstick before the N3DSXL did. Maybe we'll see a N2DS with some added features...?

I totally agree! And the 3D usually just distracts me from gameplay most of the time. :P

Lucky you legofan623! I was only able to load devmenu from the gateway card on my friend's 2DS once!! And that was after hours and hours of reformatting many different mSD cards; it finally worked with a no-name 2GB card. But that's only AFTER I had to hold the gateway card at a certain angle with my thumb. So frustrating lol

Oh man... I cant even imagine. I wonder if we'll ever get to the bottom of why some will work great and some just wont work at all.

shawly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm also using a 2DS with Firmware 8.1 EUR and never had any problems with the GW.
Devmenu as .3ds actually has problems but BigBlueMenu works without issues as .3ds and as .cia.

But until Waitway brings support for 9.6 Emunand I can't update my games so I can't play online, but before 9.6 I've played an original Pokemon X dump online, it worked fine.
Downloading the updates as .cia and installing them worked but updating the game didn't work because you have to finish the installation before starting the game which requires the newest FW.. But that's not a 2DS related issue. :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte