Homebrew PokesavDS (PPSE-DS) has been discontinued

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country
Chase-san said:
Gariscus said:
So you are going to deprive perhaps hundreds of people your awesome app just because of one idiot?
blink.gif

I might bring it back under another name, but don't expect this to happen within the next few days.

If you do creat r11, will we be able to change the natures of our Pokemon and their gender?

Chase-san

OP
Trophies
Website
www.csdgn.org
XP
Country
United States
It seems Fallen has been removed from his Admin position of ProjectPokemon. I will return the resources shortly. I apologize for my rash actions in this matter.

(I realize the drama I created, and it is something I will have to deal with.)

Hyro-Sama

Trophies
XP
Country
Chase-san said:
It seems Fallen has been removed from his Admin position of ProjectPokemon. I will return the resources shortly. I apologize for my rash actions in this matter.

I forgive you.

What about r11?

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Chase-san said:

Don't apologize.

You did the right thing by standing up for what you feel is right.

Chase-san

OP
Trophies
Website
www.csdgn.org
XP
Country
United States
salamai said:
I forgive you.

What about r11?

About r11, somehow a rumor got around that r11 would have a way to rip and restore saves to pokemon heart gold and soul silver. I did not rebuke these rumors. I didn't think much of them at the time, but they seem to of built to a almost monumental motion in favor of my work towards such a goal. PPSE-DS never had anything more than limited support for handling saves from retail carts, as I had no intention of replacing the very well written save editors by Rudolph and the like.

However before things go much further I suppose I should inform you of my progress on that front. That is to say, very little. I have spent countless hours in front of an debugger attempting to find the secret values the game writes to the spi interface to make use of the eeprom. I have not found them, after having spent a few days at this I was a little tired so stopped work on that and instead quickly did my class work and proceeded to play some video games (Fallout 3, L4D2, etc).

That is to say, I am no closer to solving the problem than I was when I released my savhax prototype. I don't think Nintendo did anything special in attempt to hide the information, but rather the complications involved with adding the infrared device to the cart caused the added 'benefit' to them of also making it more difficult to pull the save.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My condolences to you and Project Pokemon, being an admin on another site, I can see sort of how things may have gone bad. I really hope you start again someday, it's a really innovative homebrew that I want to see finished. Good luck in the future sir.

Chase-san

OP
Trophies
Website
www.csdgn.org
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
Standing up for what you feel is right is a good thing, and he was a dick.

However, punishing a bunch of people on a totally different forum that have absolutely nothing whatsoever at all to do with what happened is mean.

I understand your concern, I also made such a post on Project Pokemon. However this is the only other forum in which I offer any kind of update info on my application. It also happens to be considerably more popular here.

Gariscus

Former Team Cyclops Mod
Trophies
XP
Country
Chase-san said:
About r11, somehow a rumor got around that r11 would have a way to rip and restore saves to pokemon heart gold and soul silver. I did not rebuke these rumors. I didn't think much of them at the time, but they seem to of built to a almost monumental motion in favor of my work towards such a goal. PPSE-DS never had anything more than limited support for handling saves from retail carts, as I had no intention of replacing the very well written save editors by Rudolph and the like.

However before things go much further I suppose I should inform you of my progress on that front. That is to say, very little. I have spent countless hours in front of an debugger attempting to find the secret values the game writes to the spi interface to make use of the eeprom. I have not found them, after having spent a few days at this I was a little tired so stopped work on that and instead quickly did my class work and proceeded to play some video games (Fallout 3, L4D2, etc).

That is to say, I am no closer to solving the problem than I was when I released my savhax prototype. I don't think Nintendo did anything special in attempt to hide the information, but rather the complications involved with adding the infrared device to the cart caused the added 'benefit' to them of also making it more difficult to pull the save.
Sorry I may have kinda created that rumour, however from this post it did seem like you were going to make PPSE-DS support dumping and ripping HG/SS saves:

QUOTE(Chase-san @ Mar 17 2010, 08:15 PM) You sure? It would probably corrupt your save in it's current state.
tongue.gif

Also of note I finally got my US copy of HGSS. I have plugging most my time into getting save dumping working.

Go me! Because I actually managed it! (Yes, I just said I managed to dump my HG save via a homebrew application)

On that note, I have not been able to get anything back onto the cart however. (which sucks)

Since I am working on that my work on PPSEDS has been a little stalled.
blush.gif

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
and he was a dick.Care to elaborate?

QUOTE(Rydian @ Mar 24 2010, 09:42 PM) However, punishing a bunch of people on a totally different forum that have absolutely nothing whatsoever at all to do with what happened is mean.
Punishing? How?
Because he's no longer providing a FREE service to people who have NOTHING to do with what he's providing?
Maybe you need to take a few minutes and read up on what the words 'punishment' and 'entitlement' mean.

Slashmolder

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope you understand we do appreciate your work. Using pokesav is such a pain for just a quick change, this adds convenience and mobility.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
twiztidsinz said:
Rydian said:
and he was a dick.Care to elaborate?I was talking about the guy chase was having the troubles with. I guess i used too many pronouns and not enough proper nouns.

twiztidsinz said:
QUOTE(Rydian @ Mar 24 2010, 09:42 PM)
However, punishing a bunch of people on a totally different forum that have absolutely nothing whatsoever at all to do with what happened is mean.
Punishing? How?
Because he's no longer providing a FREE service to people who have NOTHING to do with what he's providing?
Maybe you need to take a few minutes and read up on what the words 'punishment' and 'entitlement' mean.
I was talking about how he removed the program entirely.
If he had not it would still be available in it's current form to download.

Hyro-Sama

Trophies
XP
Country
Chase-san said:
salamai said:
I forgive you.

What about r11?

Will we be able to change the natures of our Pokemon and their gender? That is what I care about most. This is not in r10.

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gariscus said:
Chase-san said:

Sorry I may have kinda created that rumour, however from this post it did seem like you were going to make PPSE-DS support dumping and ripping HG/SS saves:

QUOTE(Chase-san @ Mar 17 2010, 08:15 PM) You sure? It would probably corrupt your save in it's current state.
tongue.gif

Also of note I finally got my US copy of HGSS. I have plugging most my time into getting save dumping working.

Go me! Because I actually managed it! (Yes, I just said I managed to dump my HG save via a homebrew application)

On that note, I have not been able to get anything back onto the cart however. (which sucks)

Since I am working on that my work on PPSEDS has been a little stalled.
blush.gif

he didnt exactly say it was PPSEDS

Gariscus

Former Team Cyclops Mod
Trophies
XP
Country
I know...
rolleyes.gif

However it didn't occur to me that it was another homebrew that Chase-san was referring to as Chase-san had been working on PPSE-DS for such a long time.

Chase-san said:
Since I am working on that my work on PPSEDS has been a little stalled. I thought that would show people they are indeed different projects.
By "Since I am working on that my work on PPSEDS has been a little stalled." I thought that you weren't able continue to adding things to PPSEDS because you were trying to make PPSEDS support HG/SS dumping and restoring.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...