Hacking Pokemon X & Y: Trading between Gateway and retail console?

gtaking112

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone has managed to trade between a Gateway 3DS and a retail console. I updated my Gateway today and made a Dump of my X and Y. I used a scene release (I can't get my X or Y dump working due to a message showing up saying the save is corrupted) and I am trying to trade with my other retail 3DS and original copy of X and Y. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks :)

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone has managed to trade between a Gateway 3DS and a retail console. I updated my Gateway today and made a Dump of my X and Y. I used a scene release (I can't get my X or Y dump working due to a message showing up saying the save is corrupted) and I am trying to trade with my other retail 3DS and original copy of X and Y. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks :)

UP+B+X should delete your save allowing you to use your own dump over a scene release btw.

Reactions: gtaking112

gtaking112

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
You are trying to trade? What's happening then?

Or do you mean reusing the save file of the cartridge?

I am trying to trade from my retail 3DS to my Gateway 3DS with a Pokemon Y ROM. (Infrared doesn't work). I know that the save isn't compatible because it would be signed using 7.x.x save encryption.

CIH137

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does trading work between retail and gateway? Do you both need to be at version 1.1 for pokemon? I want to play with a friend who has a retail cartridge. Does gateway pokemon to gateway pokemon work?

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As far as I know, you only need 1.2 if you want to go online. You should be able to trade over local wireless without any title updates, though 1.1 is at least useful as it fixes that big bug where the game would crash if you saved it in Lumiose City.

I haven't tested trading between my real game and the Gateway yet, but I can't imagine why it wouldn't work, I've done it with Diamond, Platinum, HeartGold and even Black/White between DSTWO and retail copies just fine.

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Does trading work between retail and gateway? Do you both need to be at version 1.1 for pokemon? I want to play with a friend who has a retail cartridge. Does gateway pokemon to gateway pokemon work?

I'm using GW 2.1 for Pokemon and another 3DS 7.1 retail.

Local trade works.

khalaan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can we transfer whole game save from gateway to retail?
We could probably look for a save game dump from datel in the dump taken by gw, if your retail usage was emunand. I'm considering putting one of my 6.2 motherboards back into one of my XLs to try looking at some 7.x save encryption stuff though

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Where's everybody?