Hacking Pokemon x/y clarification

DaveTheBaker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By the way, keep in mind that with a brand new retail card your save will only work on gateway's 3ds's. If you try to insert your pokemon Y (with save from emunand) in an original (non gateway) 3ds it will say the save is corrupt and will erase it... Same in reverse.

You get a Free Pokemon for using Pokebank!

1) Doesn't this apple to all retail carts? (not just new)

2) Does this mean the cartridge is compatible with either 3ds (gateway and non) as long as you delete the save each time?

ehnoah

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You don't delete it yourself, it will do it simply itself. So if you Put the Game to Real 3DS (with 6.3+) your Savegame will use 6.3+ Cryption. So if you put it in your 3DS with Gateway (which is on 4.X) your Savegames will get deleted once you start Pokemon. Same reverse.

And yeah everyone with Retail Card who Use the Pokemon Bank will get the Pokemon^^

Euwlo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
1) yes apply to all, I just said new because you (maybe the other guy) was buying one now.

2) Yes, but losing a retail save in pokemon is not something wanted, as there is no way of backing up a nand save yet. The cart will still work everytime you will just lose the save =S

Euwlo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You don't delete it yourself, it will do it simply itself. So if you Put the Game to Real 3DS (with 6.3+) your Savegame will use 6.3+ Cryption. So if you put it in your 3DS with Gateway (which is on 4.X) your Savegames will get deleted once you start Pokemon. Same reverse.

And yeah everyone with Retail Card who Use the Pokemon Bank will get the Pokemon^^

Really?, didnt know that! Well then better never put it on a original firmware..

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal

I'm not sure if I'm reading this right, but you're saying Pokemon with existing save 6.3 auto deletes itself on Emunand?

Not true. I inserted mine and it did not auto delete .
(For the record, I inserted in, it said "Corrupted", so I turned it off and continued playing on my 3DS with 6.3Ykey.)

Deleting the save isn't difficult though. and if you continue on the same device, you won't have to delete it.

Also, for the record, given the Pokebank is tied to your Nintendo ID (which needs to be set up before it'll run, based on serebii.net),
I can assume that they will only give one Celebi per Nintendo ID

Reactions: Euwlo

ehnoah

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So my Fail Queno138 I trough it deleted instantly.

What you think Queno138, we need the new Cryption in order to use Pokebank? I just bough Y right now. Also you think the Game will have a Serial? (As all guys say Rom not work Online)

Euwlo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I know Im not Queno138 but just what I think. I believe cryption will *NOT* be a problem, as the retail cart playing on emunand works online perfectly. If Gamefreak/Nintendo wants to use pokebank for next games, the best would be an login account so you can register your game on an account and transfer pokemons between them.

Sorry* edited

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I believe the encryption key issue is highly subjective.

My reasoning:

If Pokebank is programmed to use 6.3 (in order words bypass the consoles encryption and decryption) to decrypt Pokemon Y in order to access the save and "deposit/withdraw" Pokemon, the save file will be recognized as "corrupted" and Pokebank will have no access.

However, if Pokebank were to simply use the console's encryption key, it would not be an issue.

My take is that it might be risky for Nintendo to specifically program 6.3Ykey into Pokebank,
as the files for eshops probably can be easily monitored, especially by folks who cracked open the 3DS.

In laymen, it'll probably use the console's key.

Reactions: Euwlo

kaibayagami

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello friends is there any way to install the 1.2 patch for pokemon x / y without entering the eshop? My 3ds has the GW3D 4.5 ... currently has no way to upgrade to FW8x, therefore, my game does not find other games for multiplayer. porfavor if someone can help me thank you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool