Pokemon Uranium Taken Down After Multiple Nintendo Notices

So to no shock to anyone, Nintendo had to go and ruin the party by sending multiple takedown notices to the creators of Pokemon Uranium.
downloadstatement.png

After receiving more than 1,500,000 downloads of our game, we have been notified of multiple takedown notices from lawyers representing Nintendo of America.
While we have not personally been contacted, it’s clear what their wishes are,
and we respect those wishes deeply.
Therefore, we will no longer provide official download links for the game through our website.
We have no connection to fans who reupload the game files to their own hosts, and we cannot verify that those download links are all legitimate. We advise you to be extremely cautious about downloading the game from unofficial sources.

We are blown away by the response this game has received, and we thank you all so much for your outstanding support.
We will continue to provide Pokémon Uranium-related news and updates through our official channels.

You are welcome to continue discussing and sharing content related to the game on our forums and Discord, where there is a very active community.

Thank you for reading, and let’s share the love of Pokémon!
Source
1.0-release-poster.png

For 9 years Pokémon fans have been working on Pokémon Uranium. After many years of hard work the game has finally released.

You obviously can’t buy Pokémon Uranium in stores, or play it on your handheld devices. This is a fan made game meant to be played on your PC.
Get the Pokémon Uranium Free download HERE.

VIDEO SOURCE – POKEMONURANIUM
POKÉMON URANIUM FEATURES

• Tropical setting
    • Over 150 new custom-made Pokémon
    • The ability to talk to your creatures
    • New class: Nuclear Pokémon

Pokemon Uranium is a fan-made Pokemon RPG that has been in development for over 9 years. Set in the tropical Tandor region, the player will encounter more than 150 all-new species of Pokemon in their quest to collect all 8 Gym Badges and triumph over the Tandor League. Along the way, the player must battle against a sinister threat that’s causing Nuclear Meltdowns, and will encounter an all-new type of Pokemon: the Nuclear type.

Article source
Source

Edit: You may need to run Windows 10 in compatibility mode XP Service pack 3. I know my boyfriend was having trouble launching it on Windows 10 64Bit until he ran it that way.
Wine users (Linux, OSX, BSD, ect) follow this guide
http://pokemon-uranium.tumblr.com/post/106346927830/how-to-run-uranium-on-mac-os-x

Edit again: Site crashes a lot due to heavy traffic, you will have to refresh the pages a few times. Or just download the games directly from these links
https://mega.nz/#!6YdCSJ5Q!hkyWiwm9p7nIyGJrnZIDBegjlhOsIfe8Jov4jMjzW-o
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4HusEKrIZiQbUlvd0kySHZKSXM/view?pref=2&pli=1
https://mega.nz/#!lJZFEJjZ!FiKskDcBgDfmuz-48V6s4FukclWH44YHgPwBWSqTEc8

Last edited by The Catboy,

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the sad thing is, there really was little reason to keep this as a pokemon fangame. he could've made his own pokemon knockoff and made a few bucks
The pokemon branding is what makes it appealing in the first place. I'm not saying an RPG needs to have pokemon in order to be a good game but I can almost guarantee it wouldn't have come close to 1 million downloads due to the name alone.

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The sad thing is, it's exactly the thing happening with Pokémon GO.
I got bored of the game after the first month. Once you reached lv30+ and caught 145 pokemon there's only so much left you can do until gym battling gets boring fast. It's a very barebones game and the branding can only push it so far until even casuals start dropping the game. I do believe it can be a good game but the lack of communication from the devs and the miniscule content needs to be fixed asap. I'm curious to know how legendaries will be handled.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The pokemon branding is what makes it appealing in the first place. I'm not saying an RPG needs to have pokemon in order to be a good game but I can almost guarantee it wouldn't have come close to 1 million downloads due to the name alone.

so he'd name it Atòmon instead.
And every game website would've titled it 'fanmade pokemon-like game'

really, its more than enough if it was pokemon-like.

even if only 100.000 people would've gone for it.

D

Deleted User

a random guy on fb asked for the file (don't trust him could be a nintendo lawyer)
What would he do with it if he got it ANYWAYS? Take down another link? I mean it's not like there's a million mirrors of it online anyways, right?

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a Pic of fw and telling them not to update
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask...