Gaming Pokemon ultrasun/ultramoon

Sonicbrawler

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo Ambassadors will be getting the game between monday and wednesday from nintendo. so chances are the seed leak/cartridge dump will happen around then. ;)

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo Ambassadors will be getting the game between monday and wednesday from nintendo. so chances are the seed leak/cartridge dump will happen around then. ;)
Seed leak will never happen as seeds come out on release day. Cartridge dump, maybe. Seed leak, never.

Sakura1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

huh and how do you know this? and I mean why would a Ambassador leak the game since its clear Nintendo will know they leaked the game bc they should be the only ones with a copy......

Sonicbrawler

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
huh and how do you know this? and I mean why would a Ambassador leak the game since its clear Nintendo will know they leaked the game bc they should be the only ones with a copy......
i know someone getting it from nintendo, so others who receive them from nintendo will get them around then too. and whose to say if an ambassador DID leak it, maybe they wont know its from them idk.

Reactions: Spectral Blizzard

GhostLatte

GBAtemp's Official Van Master™
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're not entitled to get this game for free. None of us are. Quit being so impatient.

D

Deleted User

im waiting for the upcoming bannwave that will happen a few days after the leak

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Well, what if someone here coded a program that donated processing power from their machine over the internet and everyone helped bruteforce? GBATemp has ~500+ regularly active members all with PC's or smartphones that could get the job done.
That already exists, but it would take longer than 30 top grade PCs.

Did you ever try what you just said? Try it and say me how long it would take to calculate an AES-128 Bit key with just 1 GPU and then say that again.

Do the math, let's say your PC calculates 100 keys per second and test them, you need to test 2^128 keys, 1 year is around 31.536.000 seconds
that means 1 pc can calculate 3.153.600.000 keys per year, thats not even 0,0000000000000000000000000000001% of the needed keys...
Even if you could calculate 1.000.000.000.000 keys per second/pc it would take millions of years...

If you could crack AES-128 bit that easy, then the World would be doomed, because anyone could hack Bank accounts and other stuff. Because AES-128/256/512 bit is used even by the military, because no one can crack it, with just 30 PC's.
MY PC can calculate 236 keys per second with some optimizing and it's not even using CUDA C for it, plus only has a 6 core CPU. Top grade PCs with 16-32 cores (or even higher if we go into servers/supercomputers) and with 4 Nvidia GPUs using CUDA C can EASILY calculate 50K combinations a second, now split the work between 30 of those and you CAN do it in about a month! Do you not understand the meaning of optimization and what I mean by "split the work between them"? As for the "used even by the military", WHY do you think there's not a single military in the world that doesn't chance their passwords and keys at least once every 2 days? The US military even does it twice a day actually! Surely the entire world's militias must be crazy if it really was that hard...:P Let me tell you something, just because it would take a LONG time for an UNOPTIMIZED, SINGLE CPU, SINGLE COMPUTER to crack the code, doesn't mean the code is uncrackable. That page you linked takes into consideration a SINGLE chip of CPU, of a CPU that is used in pairs of 4 when inside the motherboard (supercomputers have more CPU slots and the average is 8), so the calculation they did is way off from what I'm trying to explain here.

Anyway, let's leave it at that since this isn't the thread for explaining how computing works. About the ambassador thing some people mentioned, why would people from the ambassador program get them early?:/

SoslanVanWieren

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
if there is a download code for ambassadors that allow them to get the game it means the seed will be on the cdn

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

That already exists, but it would take longer than 30 top grade PCs.

MY PC can calculate 236 keys per second with some optimizing and it's not even using CUDA C for it, plus only has a 6 core CPU. Top grade PCs with 16-32 cores (or even higher if we go into servers/supercomputers) and with 4 Nvidia GPUs using CUDA C can EASILY calculate 50K combinations a second, now split the work between 30 of those and you CAN do it in about a month! Do you not understand the meaning of optimization and what I mean by "split the work between them"? As for the "used even by the military", WHY do you think there's not a single military in the world that doesn't chance their passwords and keys at least once every 2 days? The US military even does it twice a day actually! Surely the entire world's militias must be crazy if it really was that hard...:P Let me tell you something, just because it would take a LONG time for an UNOPTIMIZED, SINGLE CPU, SINGLE COMPUTER to crack the code, doesn't mean the code is uncrackable. That page you linked takes into consideration a SINGLE chip of CPU, of a CPU that is used in pairs of 4 when inside the motherboard (supercomputers have more CPU slots and the average is 8), so the calculation they did is way off from what I'm trying to explain here.

Anyway, let's leave it at that since this isn't the thread for explaining how computing works. About the ambassador thing some people mentioned, why would people from the ambassador program get them early?:/
also its not going to take all the combinations to crack it

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
also its not going to take all the combinations to crack it
When did I say it would? I LITERALLY even said that many values can be just skipped to save time (in older post), I was just explaining that even doing all combinations would still only take a month with proper setup.

SoslanVanWieren

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
When did I say it would? I LITERALLY even said that many values can be just skipped to save time (in older post), I was just explaining that even doing all combinations would still only take a month with proper setup.
Why don't people try brute forcing it then the chances are very low but you never know if your going to hit the right seed or not before the game comes out.

D

Deleted User

My question is, even if you did have the seed, how would you know that it is the right one? Is there some way to check using the computer that I am not aware of?

D

Deleted User

Yeah i don't know how encyption works but the seed some how changes garbage data into the game file.
The seed is basically the key to a lock, with 128 different tumblers in it. The game is the encrypted and the seed is used to decrypt that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.