Not open for further replies.

XBzombieMan1337

Former Modder
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I have just opened a/1/9/5 in my romfs folder of Pokemon Sun with Ohana3DS Rebirth and found many .bin and .cm files. My question is, which of these files are the models ect. ?

Here's a screenshot:

upload_2017-6-24_20-19-39.png

TankedThomas

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
FYI the models aren't just sitting there waiting to be ripped. You have to get the base models, the textures (which you need to manually apply) and the animation coding or whatever to rig the models properly. I'm no 3D modeller and it's been a while since I gave a damn about this, but the point is that it's not as simple as just extracting some files.

Wrathalos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I once did this and lost all my source for it, but I believe 1/9/3 contains all the pokemon model bins, I could be wrong though and I don't feel like decompiling again to find out. Also, the models and textures are in the same bin, but the animations and bones are empty and must be somewhere else so you'll have to manually rig them if that's what you're going for. If you just want to modify the models, you will still have problems with UVs and will have to remake the textures entirely. Model swapping is probably the only easy thing.

TL;DR .bin is the model container files.

EDIT: See this thread: https://gbatemp.net/threads/pokemon-sun-moon-pokemon-animations-textures-and-models.473906/

Last edited by Wrathalos,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end