Pokemon Sun and Moon players getting permanently banned by Nintendo

Yandere-chan

The One and Only
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everyone that has Sun and Moon downloaded before release beware!
sun-moon-169-en.jpg
Nintendo is now banning all NetworkIDs and consoles that have launched Pokemon Sun/Moon online in any way. After this has taken effect, you will be getting the 002-0102 error that many users have been getting and posting about which essentially means that you have entered Nintendo's jail for Pokepirates. Users are not able to buy legit copies off the eShop or even access the eShop after their consoles have been banned by Nintendo. Now many users that have banned consoles will be selling consoles with banned internet access so beware that and watch what you are buying. Consoles appear to be getting banned even if they haven't played online but just have the software, aswell. If your NNID is linked to your Wii U, Nintendo Services appear to be working.
It was reported that if you tinyformat your banned 3DS, you can bypass the 002-0102 error unless, you link a NNID and attempt to make a purchase on the eShop.

:arrow:SOURCE

Last edited by Yandere-chan,

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now many users that have banned consoles will be selling consoles with banned internet access so beware that and watch what you are buying.
Why would the console be banned? Wouldn't formatting not solve the ban?

It's okay to play on your 3DS, Just stay offline

I've heard a few people have bans just for being on wifi while playing, but most aren't. I'm curious as to how that would happen, though.

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
yes they are !

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It's okay to play on your 3DS, Just stay offline

Or if it was played on a dummy unit. (which I did)

Plus, 002-0102 which blocks online access is already bypassed, meaning we can already play online again,
just can't bypass 022-2812 to go eshop to buy stuff, but not many pirates do that, presumably.

Why would the console be banned? Wouldn't formatting not solve the ban?

Nope,

002-0102 is tied to friendcodeseedB, which isn't formatted,
and 022-2812 is tied to device ID, which also isn't formatted.

Reactions: Yandere-chan

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And that is why I play them on Citra

How is Citra by the way? Apparently it needs good specs on your PC to run it. Anyways, can't say for sure it's a permanent ban, Nintendo didn't state it, when one gets that message, it's typically a 15 day ban if it's their first time getting it. So by December 1, we'll know if it's permanent or not. Thankfully I didn't go online, and I uninstalled Moon after learning the cia was built poorly.

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
They are banning the NNIDs and consoles from accessing internet even if you format it.

it is said that some people with tied nnid on their wii isn't affected.

They're banning people with review samples? Or just cia download?

When does this game come out?

supposedly people with review copy got caught in the crossfire, but report unconfirmed.

18-nov japan.

Damn is people really THAT stupid?
Guess they are, fuckbags cannot wait until the actual release date to play online it seems.

But hey, they had to play it before anyone else, right?
You dumbfucks xD

so much salt.

You know that we already bypassed 0102 and can play online, Again?

though, I do feel pity for people who expected nothing to happen.
thats the true pity right there.

Last edited by Queno138,

Yandere-chan

The One and Only
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's weird is I swore I only did local play with my sister, yet both of us are banned.
We're both eventually getting n3DSes now that we've been banned, so I guess this turned out to be somewhat good for the both of us, since our current consoles are both o3DSes.
The New3DS's are very nice for gameplay ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: