Hacking Pokemon Soul Silver Heart Gold

rbfloat05

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys I am a complete noob. I have a 3ds and a DS Lite, I have never used a flashcart before.

Im looking for a flshcart to play Soul silver. I have a original Soul Silver (I used to have 2) SOmebody stole mine though......(rip my pokemon from childhood)

Can Flashcart Soul Silver trade with the Real version? I am looking for a Flashcart to play that is easy to use ( i hear some flashcarts freeze when play pokemon soul silver) I dont know how to hook flashkart on to the computer to patch it.
;
;
TL DR
Can anyone tell me how to get flashcart for Soul Silver that works good that I dont have to set up on computer (can it also play heart gold?) (can it trade with legit copy of soul silver if i have 2 DS lites or 2 3ds?)

Someone link me a good cart PLZ for soul silver/heart gold

Will it be able to play other games? I am major noob.

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nds card is a nice spot to find flashcarts: http://www.nds-card.com/
And yes flashcarts will work for playing Soul Silver and trading with an actual Soul Silver cartridge.
However as far as I know there really isn't a way around setting up your card on the computer first and then using it on your system.
Bear in mind flashcards are not restricted to one game or another, if you have space on the micro SD you put in it you can play several other games (not just soul silver and heart gold).

Reactions: Sliter

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, flashcards are able to connect with legit copies for trading and battling. However, as far as I know, no available flashcard has the built in infrared communicator, meaning you won't be able to connect your game with a Pokewalker, if you have one and/or care about that feature.

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://www.nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=143

Will this work for Soul Silver? Will I have to buy something to connect it to the computer(will it be very difficult)?

sorry for being a noob
I think that you would at least need a R4i-SDHC (http://www.nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=490) to use it on a 3DS and DS Lite. The card you're looking at would only be able to run on your DS Lite and not the 3DS without patching your TWL_Firm. But yes it will work for Soul Silver, and you will only need a micro SD to USB adapter to connect the micro SD that would go in it.
Edit Sorry I put in the wrong link up there, I fixed it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also bear in mind if you were to purchase the one I linked up there that it comes with an adapter to connect the micro SD to your computer.

And also bear in mind that it will not come with a micro SD unless you order one with it or from somewhere else. (It will not work without a micro SD card to store files on)

Last edited by 8BitWonder,

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
4GB should be plenty, if memory serves soul silver is roughly 41MB, so you'd have plenty of space if you also wanted heart gold or any other games.
It's not too difficult to set up and I do believe there are tutorials both written and in video format. And if you're still having difficulties you can always ask for help here.

Avicenna

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
4GB should be plenty, if memory serves soul silver is roughly 41MB, so you'd have plenty of space if you also wanted heart gold or any other games.
It's not too difficult to set up and I do believe there are tutorials both written and in video format. And if you're still having difficulties you can always ask for help here.

Soul Silver is 128mb, and DS roms can only be a power of 2 starting from 8mb (ie 8mb, 16mb, 32mb, 64mb etc) going up to 512mb with Black & White 2.

4gb is sufficient unless you want to bombard your flash card with tons of games.

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Soul Silver is 128mb, and DS roms can only be a power of 2 starting from 8mb (ie 8mb, 16mb, 32mb, 64mb etc) going up to 512mb with Black & White 2.

4gb is sufficient unless you want to bombard your flash card with tons of games.
Guess I was looking at the zip at the time rather than the extracted rom. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited by 8BitWonder,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sak is a fishy pineapple