Hacking Pokemon Rumble U NFC data

TechniMyoko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
I hope someone can use this to decode the format, so we can tell which pokemon we get before we pay for it

Here's the data from my figures, in the format of
(Name) (power level) (first move).xml
None of them have second moves yet

Attachments

• pokerumbleu.zip
    14.6 KB · Views: 862

TechniMyoko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
As a note, I accidentally overwrote the data on my Pikachu using NFC launcher for Android. It would no longer show up to Pokemon Rumble U.
I then copied the NFC data from Piplup to Pikachu, PRU then read the data as corrupt, and recovered it. It said some data would be lost like the character trait, but otherwise rebuilt it as a Pikachu with the proper power level.

I hope this can be of some use

perfecteagle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried using an app for Android called NFC TagInfo to try to find similarities. I noticed that the UID is different for every single NFC Pokemon, even of the same type (Pikachu is different from even another Pikachu), not sure what data would help, but I have 4 characters data that I can submit if someone tells me what info they want.

emmanu888

6 years and still going strong
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I tested this but with Disney Infinity figures because i have 3 similar power discs. And indeed the UID is different for those power discs. Okay i'm out since this was off-topic

Kyohack

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
pokecheats.net
XP
Country
United States
I hope someone can use this to decode the format, so we can tell which pokemon we get before we pay for it

Here's the data from my figures, in the format of
(Name) (power level) (first move).xml
None of them have second moves yet

Each of the figures you've dumped are at least partially corrupt. To verify that a figure has been dumped successfully, please open the .xml file and look for the page index. Data pages 0-63 must be intact and without read-errors. I've had success with an Android app called NFC TagInfo on LG Optimus Elite hardware. For me, figures are more easily detected when my hardware is face-down, which makes sense because my hardware's NFC antenna is built into the battery cover.

I bought 3 figures yesterday, and ended up getting a Mewtwo, Shaymin, and Piplup. I will upload their data later today. I have plans to buy the rest of the collection, and hope to receive at least a few duplicates for research purposes.

Ironically, I don't own the game so I can't do much analysis on which data pages change when figure data is updated. I'd like to encourage anyone with the game to pick at least one of their figures and make several dumps of it throughout game-play. Notes describing stats, moves, etc. would be very helpful.

When I have time, I'd like to develop a simple app specifically for the purpose of making it easier to share Pokémon NFC figure dumps. At the very least, exchanging dumps should allow us to use stat data from figures of an identical Pokémon species. If enough dumps are made and community research makes considerable progress, I'd like to attempt to view/edit a figure's move and stat data within the app.

According to some documentation on the NFC Secure Element, it should be possible for rooted Android users to emulate entire figure dumps. This would make it possible to store large collections of figures and use them without the need to carry them around.

Attachments

• NFC dumps.zip
    5.5 KB · Views: 997
Reactions: Feroz El Mejor

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1