Gaming Pokemon Pearl - Local Trading From NDS To Emulator (PC)?

Overlord_Killia

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I have google'd, but to no avail. There probably isn't a way, but considering it's 2017 now, there just might be

Cleaning my stuff and happened upon my old NDS, so I decided to introduce my niece to Gen 4. She's hooked and I would like to help her evolve pokemon, that only do so by trading, so she can complete her dex
I've been searching for a way to trade or interact between the NDS system and emulator (PC), but all of the "solutions" I've found aren't local and/or require action replay or flashcarts

Yes, I could just buy another system and game, but I'd like to explore all possible options before doing so

~~~~TL;DR~~~~~
Is LOCAL play between NDS and emulator (pc) possible? Or no dice?

ThisIsDaAccount

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I have google'd, but to no avail. There probably isn't a way, but considering it's 2017 now, there just might be

Cleaning my stuff and happened upon my old NDS, so I decided to introduce my niece to Gen 4. She's hooked and I would like to help her evolve pokemon, that only do so by trading, so she can complete her dex
I've been searching for a way to trade or interact between the NDS system and emulator (PC), but all of the "solutions" I've found aren't local and/or require action replay or flashcarts

Yes, I could just buy another system and game, but I'd like to explore all possible options before doing so

~~~~TL;DR~~~~~
Is LOCAL play between NDS and emulator (pc) possible? Or no dice?
I have very limited knowledge on this, but I think the DS has a custom protocol for link play, so it's only been implemented on DS devices. That means you can't link it to a PC.

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You would definitely have to rip the save first, and that is probably going to require a flashcart. If you happen to have a 3DS with CFW installed, you can use TWLSaveTool.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
so it's only been implemented on DS devices.
Technically wrong - some wifi cards are compatible with Nintendo's proprietary packets (see WifiMe and the official Wi-Fi Connector) - but of course appropriate drivers for these pre-Vista devices and an emiulator that supports them would have to be made, so...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: hey