Pokemon: Paralysis or Confusion?

Deleted member 386356

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I built a good moveset for one of my pokemon, and to complete it, i must put either Thunder Wave or Confuse Ray, although i must know, which one of the 2 has the higher chance of it's effects occuring?

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I built a good moveset for one of my pokemon, and to complete it, i must put either Thunder Wave or Confuse Ray, although i must know, which one of the 2 has the higher chance of it's effects occuring?
Thunder Wave is the better move. Confusion relies solely on RNG working in your favour, but Paralysis also halves your opponent's speed, which is preferable in my opinion.

Deleted member 370671

Ball of Kawaiiness
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
Paralysis, without any hesitation. The #1 rule of strategy is "Never rely on luck" (well, except in some really rare cases).
Explanation: When a Pokemon is confused, it has something like 50% chance of hitting himself. The confusion disappears after 2~7 turns.
When a Pokémon is paralysed, its speed is halved, and it has 50% chance to not do anything. Paralysis never "cures itself" (you have to use a move to remove it).

Because you're absolutely sure paralysis will have at least one negative effect (and a really useful one actually), it's better to chose that.

Last edited by Deleted member 370671,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1