ROM Hack Pokemon Origin Platinum

Lazerith

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love all the references, even the ones I don't get. Like the two references I've found so far to arcana...whatever that is.

There are a total of 13 Arcana messages throughout the game. Finding all of them doesn't do anything for you, but they are a reference to the Persona games.

Rokku

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, figures. I haven't played those yet.

The Pokemon available to you are certainly good ones. Cubone being available before the first Gym, for example. Sure it takes until Level 7 to learn an actual attack, but Cubone is a good Pokemon that hits ludicrously hard with a Thick Club put on.

Lazerith

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, figures. I haven't played those yet.

The Pokemon available to you are certainly good ones. Cubone being available before the first Gym, for example. Sure it takes until Level 7 to learn an actual attack, but Cubone is a good Pokemon that hits ludicrously hard with a Thick Club put on.

Glad you like it.

Rokku

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, one complaint...

The catch rate for starters in the wild is ABSURD. A Level 6 Mudkip in the red should not take six Great Balls to catch.

Lazerith

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, one complaint...

The catch rate for starters in the wild is ABSURD. A Level 6 Mudkip in the red should not take six Great Balls to catch.

Unfortunately, that is something to do with the catch rate formula in the game, something I don't know how to change nor do I plan on changing. I remember playing Blaze Black and Volt White, and it was just as hard to catch starters.

Rokku

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe I just forgot I had the 100% Catch Rate code on when I was playing that...

Either that or I was just slinging Master Balls at everything. At least other Pokemon don't seem abnormally hard to catch, so it's not a massive issue.

Lazerith

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe I just forgot I had the 100% Catch Rate code on when I was playing that...

Either that or I was just slinging Master Balls at everything. At least other Pokemon don't seem abnormally hard to catch, so it's not a massive issue.

Lol. Yeh, something about the starters make them harder to catch than regular Pokemon.

Odlanor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i have been looking for a decent platinum hack for a while, and finaly i have found this beaty. there are a couple of things, though, that do concern me... first of all, are you still workin on that "harder" version? if you are, how far did you get with it? i would like to see some modified teams (beating trainers with 6 same pokemons gets annoying real fast). and, of course, harder opponents mean more fun, at least for me. apart from that, has any of the currently available versions been fixed so that you can play without freezes? and btw, what game are you editing now? tnx in advance for answering my questions, and tnx for making this awesome hack.

Lazerith

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have been looking for a decent platinum hack for a while, and finaly i have found this beaty. there are a couple of things, though, that do concern me... first of all, are you still workin on that "harder" version? if you are, how far did you get with it? i would like to see some modified teams (beating trainers with 6 same pokemons gets annoying real fast). and, of course, harder opponents mean more fun, at least for me. apart from that, has any of the currently available versions been fixed so that you can play without freezes? and btw, what game are you editing now? tnx in advance for answering my questions, and tnx for making this awesome hack.

1. I never got around to doing the harder version... Probably won't until after I am done with the hack I am currently working on.
2. The only freeze that I am aware of is the last room in Mt. Coronet before the summit. I could not figure out how to stop it from freezing. But seeing as that room is completely useless, I decided to just change warps so that it skips the room entirely.
3. I will be revealing what I am currently editing in due time. I hope to release a progressing hack thread as well as an alpha test fairly soon.

Odlanor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
1. I never got around to doing the harder version... Probably won't until after I am done with the hack I am currently working on.
2. The only freeze that I am aware of is the last room in Mt. Coronet before the summit. I could not figure out how to stop it from freezing. But seeing as that room is completely useless, I decided to just change warps so that it skips the room entirely.
3. I will be revealing what I am currently editing in due time. I hope to release a progressing hack thread as well as an alpha test fairly soon.
oh, ok. i saw some posts about doing the harder version and later on the idea just disappeared so it kinda left me wondering what happened to it. but, to be honest, i didn't really read all posts. anyway, i'm gonna try out this thing in a few days, and i'll let you know if i encounter any problems. good luck with that new project.

Lazerith

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh, ok. i saw some posts about doing the harder version and later on the idea just disappeared so it kinda left me wondering what happened to it. but, to be honest, i didn't really read all posts. anyway, i'm gonna try out this thing in a few days, and i'll let you know if i encounter any problems. good luck with that new project.

Thanks. It is A LOT of work, and now that summer classes have started, my progress is going to be fairly slow.

Rokku

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Encountered an odd glitch, not sure if anyone else has...

I reach the summit of Mt. Coronet, and I cannot interact with the two Galactic Grunts, nor can I pass them. If I try to, the game freezes.

dragonblood9999

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I would like it if you changed the game's header from Pokémon Platinum to Pokémon Origin Platinum, because i can never remember whats first on my acekard the hack or the original game. other then that it's one gr8 pokémon hack

Lazerith

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would like it if you changed the game's header from Pokémon Platinum to Pokémon Origin Platinum, because i can never remember whats first on my acekard the hack or the original game. other then that it's one gr8 pokémon hack

I don't know how to do any graphical work. This is also the main reason why I kinda got bored of making my other hack. I am assuming you are talking about the title screen. If not, then I still don't really know how to change the header. =/

Encountered an odd glitch, not sure if anyone else has...

I reach the summit of Mt. Coronet, and I cannot interact with the two Galactic Grunts, nor can I pass them. If I try to, the game freezes.

I'll look into it. Since it is an NPC freeze, chances are it will be a really easy fix. Could you send me a copy of your save file?

Rokku

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I tried talking to the Galactic Grunts and nothing happens, so they must be glitched, and since they are glitched, the game freezes when I try to pass.

Save file has been sent.

dragonblood9999

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't know how to do any graphical work. This is also the main reason why I kinda got bored of making my other hack. I am assuming you are talking about the title screen. If not, then I still don't really know how to change the header. =/

no not the title screen i meant the icon that shows up on a persons flash cart
92eVGrC.jpg

Here's how it shows on my acekard 2i when it is showing the full file name

E3W9wPd.jpg

here's my acekard 2i showing the headers

IXEfPcJ.jpg

Terexzes

Trophies
XP
Country
GUESS WHAT

THIS HACK ISN'T EVEN DONE, THE CREATOR DIDN'T EVEN CARE TO POST THAT YOU CAN'T TRIGGER THE GIRATINIA EVENT WHICH CAUSES THE GAME TO FREEZE.

So yeah, thanks alot for wasting our times, this hack completley sucks.

k0rn3y

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. Appreciate the hack it looks real good.
Does anyone have any AR codes for this game? (instant text messages, 2x movement, etc.)?
Thanks in advanced.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: fellow EST resident here, it's noon for me too