ROM Hack Pokemon Origin Platinum

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what release do i apply the patch to as since i dont have msw i cant open the docx files it be better to just make plan text files for everyone.

Lazerith

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what release do i apply the patch to as since i dont have msw i cant open the docx files it be better to just make plan text files for everyone.

I believe the first version of Plat is what I used. Download open office or something. I'll move em to notepad next time I update.

Lazerith

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sure, will do that.

Edit:

Well i'm playing this right now and then but it does feel abit slow.. Especially Battles.. Is this me or what? ( Playing on R4 btw )

I didn't notice any slowdowns while playing it - Played on SuperCard

swiftgallade46

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
this hack looks pretty good, but I do have some concerns... for starters, I dont think completing the nationaldex should be a prerequisite for so much bonus content. I often find myself getting bored with and stopping playthrus before I have obtained all Pokemon in the game. it seems like a waste to just stop playing before I unlock so much bonus content. next, I have a question: do all the trainers have edited teams? including non-sinnohdex pokemon? what content, if any, has been changed in the battle frontier? and finally a suggestion: a good place to include many of these challenge trainers could be that Villa you get in the post-game. that way you could avoid writing a separate story for every new character and just say that they're all visiting the Villa for whatever reason. ( obviously this would still require some dialogue for each separate character however it would avoid a large backstory originating behind each individual) and if it is a problem I have one final question: would it be possible to import trainer sprites from heartgold soulsilver? this would make post game battles against challenge trainers look more authentic. sorry for the long post and hope to hear back from you soon! Thanks in advance!

Lazerith

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this hack looks pretty good, but I do have some concerns... for starters, I dont think completing the nationaldex should be a prerequisite for so much bonus content. I often find myself getting bored with and stopping playthrus before I have obtained all Pokemon in the game. it seems like a waste to just stop playing before I unlock so much bonus content. next, I have a question: do all the trainers have edited teams? including non-sinnohdex pokemon? what content, if any, has been changed in the battle frontier? and finally a suggestion: a good place to include many of these challenge trainers could be that Villa you get in the post-game. that way you could avoid writing a separate story for every new character and just say that they're all visiting the Villa for whatever reason. ( obviously this would still require some dialogue for each separate character however it would avoid a large backstory originating behind each individual) and if it is a problem I have one final question: would it be possible to import trainer sprites from heartgold soulsilver? this would make post game battles against challenge trainers look more authentic. sorry for the long post and hope to hear back from you soon! Thanks in advance!

Your questions are all good. Unfortunately, because I had several months of not being able to fix the bug and finally giving up, I lost all progress I made on challenge trainers(I had all but 1 of them finished), and had to revert back to the version that was posted on here. I fixed the bug, but unfortunately I do not have time to implement the challenge trainers again. So they will not be in the game at this time. This makes Arceus the only Pokemon that requires 492 Pokemon caught to be able to catch, and the only events that require the possession of the national dex are those found in the original Platinum.

I have not touched the battles, and once again I do not have the time to go through and set a new level curve, and implement non-sinnoh dex pokemon for every trainer. While this makes the game fairly similar to the original, the main point is the ability to catch all 493 Pokemon without trading anyone. Although, if you are playing via Flash Cart, you will still be able to trade people who have the actual game. Also, implementing sprites is a lot of effort, and requires the hacker to replace existing sprites to be able to use them. If I were to put new sprites in, I would need to replace old sprites, and this would overall make Origin Platinum look a bit odd.

I am currently working on a Pokemon Hack that, in my opinion, will be much better than Origin Platinum. It is taking a lot more effort as well. This, combined with school and work, means I have no time to work on Origin Platinum very much. For now, the only changes to Origin Platinum that I will implement before I finish my second hack are bug fixes if people find them.

This other hack I am working on, unlike Origin Platinum, will make use of various sprite and music changes. Stay tuned, I'm sure you'll like it.

swiftgallade46

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Your questions are all good. Unfortunately, because I had several months of not being able to fix the bug and finally giving up, I lost all progress I made on challenge trainers(I had all but 1 of them finished), and had to revert back to the version that was posted on here. I fixed the bug, but unfortunately I do not have time to implement the challenge trainers again. So they will not be in the game at this time. This makes Arceus the only Pokemon that requires 492 Pokemon caught to be able to catch, and the only events that require the possession of the national dex are those found in the original Platinum.

I have not touched the battles, and once again I do not have the time to go through and set a new level curve, and implement non-sinnoh dex pokemon for every trainer. While this makes the game fairly similar to the original, the main point is the ability to catch all 493 Pokemon without trading anyone. Although, if you are playing via Flash Cart, you will still be able to trade people who have the actual game. Also, implementing sprites is a lot of effort, and requires the hacker to replace existing sprites to be able to use them. If I were to put new sprites in, I would need to replace old sprites, and this would overall make Origin Platinum look a bit odd.

I am currently working on a Pokemon Hack that, in my opinion, will be much better than Origin Platinum. It is taking a lot more effort as well. This, combined with school and work, means I have no time to work on Origin Platinum very much. For now, the only changes to Origin Platinum that I will implement before I finish my second hack are bug fixes if people find them.

This other hack I am working on, unlike Origin Platinum, will make use of various sprite and music changes. Stay tuned, I'm sure you'll like it.
Will this be another hack of Platinum?

Rokku

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found a problem with this game, at least on Acekard 2.1.

Trying to use cheats breaks the game, even if I alter the cheat.dat file.

Lazerith

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well of course, but it's still a weird problem. Usually altering the cheat file fixes it, your ROM hack is...different.

I don't see it as a problem that needs to be fixed. If anything, it prevents cheating, and is thus a good bug.

Therefore, I shall name this bug Scyther.

Rokku

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't see it as a problem that needs to be fixed. If anything, it prevents cheating, and is thus a good bug.

Therefore, I shall name this bug Scyther.

Now I've got a different problem...the game straight up won't work any more. I even formatted the SD card in case some random junk file was causing trouble. But nope, the game won't even start any more. Dunno what happened.

Lazerith

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now I've got a different problem...the game straight up won't work any more. I even formatted the SD card in case some random junk file was causing trouble. But nope, the game won't even start any more. Dunno what happened.

Perhaps the game doesn't work on Acekard. Either that or you still have the updated cheat.dat for it.

I do not have an Acekard, so I am unable to test. I use a Supercard, and the game runs perfectly fine for me.

Rokku

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Perhaps the game doesn't work on Acekard. Either that or you still have the updated cheat.dat for it.

I do not have an Acekard, so I am unable to test. I use a Supercard, and the game runs perfectly fine for me.

Looks like that was the problem. But I get to start from scratch because I thought I needed to delete my save file. :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM