Pokemon ORAS/ Model editing Homebrew

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by Harvest God, Oct 30, 2015.

1. Harvest God
    OP

Harvest God Er a pixel artist?

Oct 27, 2015
    United States
    Hi this is my first tutorial I might not be clear so post a comment if you don't understand ^^.

Required:
    Braindump
    Gimp or some other program with colormap
    Hans (Homebrew app, comes w/ Ninjahax 2.5)
    HxD (google it)
    Pack (extract the rar. with Winwar)
    Ohana3ds
    GarcTools (install GARCTools and GARC Unpacker)
    A REAL COPY OF POKEMON ORAS, DIGITAL OR A CARTRIDGE
    Homebrew 2.5

Romfs Location:

OW models = a/0/2/1
    In-Battle models = a/1/3/3
    Map models = a/0/3/9
    Map Textures = a/0/1/4

Steps:
    1. Download braindump and put it in the 3ds folder on your SD card. Launch homebrew and run braindump. It should extract the exefs and romfs from Pokemon ORAS. Make sure to have enough space on your SD card. The exefs and romfs take about 2 GB.

2. Once it's done with the extraction, turn off your 3ds and insert your SD card into your computer.

3. You should find the romfs and exefs files, which should be in this 18 character folder at the root of the SD card.
    [​IMG]
    4. Now with the pack go to Pack English v3.6--->Pack Hack--->RomFS extractor. It should take some time for it to extract it. You probably want to move the 18 character folder with the exefs and the romfs bin from your SD card to your computer if you have no more space.

5. Once that's done a "romfs_" folder should have been created in the 18 character folder. Open up GARC Unpacker and extract whatever your editing, in this case the OW models. So click "Open" and go to a/0/2/1 and extract. The "Auto Extract on DragDrop" and "Only Un/Decompressed Files" should be ticked off. Then press "Go" and wait.

6. There should be a folder now in a/0/2/1 that was created "1". Open up Ohana3ds, click "Open" and go select a bin file in it. Press the left and right arrow keys to move to another file in the same folder.

Note: (ORAS) There are two May/Brendan models that have a snorkeler mask. It is suggested to use main characters seen throughout the story.
    171/314: May
    172/315: Brendan
    173: Contest May
    174: Contest Brendan
    316: Bicycle May
    317: Bicycle Brendan

Recolor:
    Once you found the Brendan/May model go to Textures and extract all.Open up your Gimp or program with colormap. In gimp open up the extracted images and go to Image-->Mode--->Indexed. Then just click Convert with "Generate Optimum palette". Colors-->Map-->Set colormap. Then just edit the colors. Make sure you have 255 colors in the end product of the texture. In Ohana3ds, click import and import the new recolored texture and click save.

Model Swap:
    Just find the file you want to play as. For example, Wally which would be file 181. I would just go to the "1" folder in a/0/2/1 and find file 181 and change its number to 172 to overwrite the Brendan file.

7. Once you are done editing, go to GARCTool. Click "Open Folder" and got to a/0/2/1. Then click "Process". #_.garc should have been created. Delete the file that has the same # as #_.garc and rename #_.garc to #. So 3._garc would be renamed to 3 replacing the old one

8. Once thats done, go to the pack-->pack hack-->RomFS Builder. Open up and find the romfs_ folder and press go.

9. Bare with me, it's almost done! Now open up HxD and open the romfs file that was rebuilt. On the left side it should say "Offset (h)". Scroll down till you see FF0 under the "Offset (h)". Highlight that row and highlight till you reach the top, 000. Delete all those offsets. Save the romfs. Make a "hans" folder in the root of the SD card. Place the new romfs file there. Rename you rom based off the 8 characters on the right side of the 18 character folder. Must be all caps.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Then remove your SD card from your computer and put it in your 3ds.

10. Run homebrew and click hans. Run the Pokemon ORAS app.
    Region, Language, FW, Clock are optional
    Code -> SD: NO
    Romfs -> SD: YES
    Save configuration: Optional

Click OK and volia you are playing a romhack.
    [​IMG]

CREDITS:
    SMEALUM for making Homebrew and Hans
    neobrain for Braindump
    Asia81 for the Pack
    Reisyukaku for Ohana3ds
    Kaphotics for Garctools
    Thanks to these people n-n

Last edited by Harvest God, Nov 1, 2015
  2. TheReturningVoid

TheReturningVoid 0xAAAAAAAA

Oct 2, 2014
    /dev/urandom
    Nice guide!

3. Aigle67

Aigle67 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 31, 2015
    Belgium
    Can we change the tits size of may with gimp ?

4. Baccabechoppin

Baccabechoppin GBAtemp's Finest Bacca!

Aug 10, 2015
    Australia
    Magnolia Town
    Nice! Might have to give this a go!

5. TheReturningVoid

Oct 2, 2014
    /dev/urandom
    That'd be a model hack. You'd need to get May's overworld/battle model, use Ohana3DS to export it to .obj format, edit it in a 3D modelling tool and reimport it.

apollos likes this.
  6. Thelostrune

Thelostrune GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 13, 2015
    Norway
    This is what's important in life, isn't it?

I'd suggest pinning this tutorial because of how much spoonfeed-ready shitposting has been going on the last days.
    It's a good enough tutorial for beginners.

Ammako likes this.
  7. hacksn5s4

hacksn5s4 Banned

Banned
    Aug 12, 2015
    wheres the Brendan and may model with no mask on the ones you have listed their both have masks on

8. hacksn5s4

hacksn5s4 Banned

Banned
    Aug 12, 2015
    did a model swap to swap Brendan with the guy from x and y and it goes to black screen when i load up my save

9. TheReturningVoid

Oct 2, 2014
    /dev/urandom
    You replaced the overworld model (the one in 0/2/1) with the battle one (the one in 1/3/3), didn't you?

10. hacksn5s4

hacksn5s4 Banned

Banned
    Aug 12, 2015
    yes i don't think it works with models fromx and y so i tried replacing one that is in oras and it works http://imgur.com/a/sXVuh but can you get x and y models to work in oras also why is steven frowning

11. TheReturningVoid

Oct 2, 2014
    /dev/urandom
    Damn, Steven looks really depressed...

I'm not sure why that's happening. Might just be some model weirdness.

~Poke~ likes this.
  12. Harvest God
    OP

Oct 27, 2015
    United States
    Yeah don't do a model swap from XY take the battle ones from ORAS, Trevor for example is in the games files.

The masked brendan and may are the ones that you play as. Also idk why your Steven is so depressed lol

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Also, i didnt know that Steven had a model of him holding the bike. Maybe i'll go test him out, but my Wally was like this https://i.imgur.com/sUH8sUW.png

Ammako likes this.
  13. hacksn5s4

hacksn5s4 Banned

Banned
    Aug 12, 2015
    there are like 2 may and bredan battle modelsi think i think you need to replace both of them or just the one that holds the bike idk i just replaced it and it was like that

14. Harvest God
    OP

Oct 27, 2015
    United States
    There's only 1 may and brendan model for the inbattle model, the bike models are in the overworld models. That picture that you took, that was from the inbattle model

15. hacksn5s4

hacksn5s4 Banned

Banned
    Aug 12, 2015
    yeah but why is steven have an animation of riding the bike and i want to play as the x and y guy in oras and oras does not have his ow models o i need to sue it from x and y which does not work

Last edited by hacksn5s4, Nov 1, 2015
  16. Harvest God
    OP

Oct 27, 2015
    United States
    What guy are you talking about?

17. hacksn5s4

hacksn5s4 Banned

Banned
    Aug 12, 2015
    like the dude you play as in x and y i don't remember his name any way it seems steven is using Brendan animations which is causing his face to glitch

18. Harvest God
    OP

Oct 27, 2015
    United States
    did you copy 40.bch-44.dec and name it to replace file 25.bch-29.dec

19. hacksn5s4

hacksn5s4 Banned

Banned
    Aug 12, 2015
    do you mean i need to replace two files in the battle model file i only changed one it thats why its using bredans animations

20. Harvest God
    OP

Oct 27, 2015
    United States
    Yeah, if you just replaced 25.bch with 40.bch then that explains why your getting those weird animations