Gaming Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Gates To Infinity worth keeping?

broitsak

Fight me.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This game really let me down. GAMEFREAK really screwed up on this one.

First, they threw out all the good Pokemon (even the starters) and kept the Unova ones.
Second, you don't starve anymore, only in a few dungeons after beating the story mode.(they knocked off that challenge :/ )
Third, the big legends (Zekrom, Reshiram, Kyurem,etc.) cannot be recruited. I mean, it was disappointing enough to see all the Pokemon gone, and now this? I mean, why? This doesn't make any sense.
It's also easy to level up, seeing as how Pokemon level up even when you don't use them in dungeons.
The new paradise thing isn't even worth working on if there is no goal of some sort.

I bought the game the day it came out, and I'm willing to go return it for something else this week. Is it really worth keeping or what? I pointed out a few flaws in the game, can somebody give me a few reasons to keep it? I would really love to hear some.

Imho, this is by far the worse installment in the PMD series.

Also, please suggest a few games worth getting.
Thanks guys.

P.S. PMD EOS ftw

Reactions: Chary

ZekromZero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's always luigi :], which is awesome, and monster hunter 3 ultimate, which i have sunk many hours in, but for monster hunter its way more fun to have friends locally to play with.

Luigi has online play, so yeah if your a solo player go for luigi if you have local friends willing to get the game then go for monster hunter

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat.

the big legends cant be recruited... wat is this madness.

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please tell me the plot is good and leaves you crying at the end. I'll just die if the game isn't good enough to do that.
Well I'm nine hours in, 3 out of 6 of the progress thingies filled in, and there is no plot. The closest thing is "We're exploring this place because we are explorers!"

I'm pretty sure I'll just complete the game and then sell it in time to pre-order Soul Hackers.

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Well I'm nine hours in, 3 out of 6 of the progress thingies filled in, and there is no plot. The closest thing is "We're exploring this place because we are explorers!"

I'm pretty sure I'll just complete the game and then sell it in time to pre-order Soul Hackers.
*Cries*

Well, I can't say I wasn't expecting it to be bad, what with the terrible WiiWare Mystery Dungeons being as bad as they were.

Jiehfeng

The One
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
TURN THIS INTO A X AND Y THREAD
Shiny_Charmander_BW_zps972d95a6.gif

DaggerV

Archmagi of the Emerald Moon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I quite enjoyed the two others I've played, but this, this was depressingly boring despite the cool premise, there's just not enough in it. I would really, REALLY love a dungeon crawler to pick up and play. Randomly generated dungeon is pretty rad.

Reactions: Nxenz

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.