Gaming pokemon moon detected as japanese region

gohan127

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, i got an issue and need advice.

i got a N3DS xl with plailect's A9 v2 running emunand gateway. now i played around with changing my region (using this guide) to japan so i could get pokemon oras mystery gifts from japan (legal lvl.5 mew is awesome!).

now that i bought the pokemon moon card and when i first turned it on it started with some japanese text and then switched to english. the rest was 100% english. when i opened my savegame on pkhex it showed me as Region: japan country: USA.

I cannot launch NTR anymore because i'm on the latrest firmware allready. what is the best way for me to change the region again?

ispano

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It still won't change the country. And so you know, receiving Wondercards that way doesn't make them legit. Moreso on the 3DS games, not the VC games, for that reason. They'll all have that incorrect info in them.

Last edited by ispano,

gohan127

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ispano i know pokemon legal/legit terms are a sensitive issue for some people i believe i have used the right term. :-)

how do you mean they all have that incorrect info?

ispano

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because the pkm data format includes region (which is locked to the save when first created) and country(which region changing, outside of a full change before using the eShop, does not change). Export a save sometime and use PKHeX to view it sometime.

Reactions: gohan127

AyanamiRei0

GBATemp's Resident Evangelion fanboy.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry if this seems like I'm high jacking this thread but this happened with me with Sun from freeshop my Moon cart picked english when I booted it

gohan127

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because the pkm data format includes region (which is locked to the save when first created) and country(which region changing, outside of a full change before using the eShop, does not change). Export a save sometime and use PKHeX to view it sometime.
can i use pkhex to change the region permanently in my save file or do i need to start a new savegame in order to correct things?

ispano

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Think so. But all your 'mons will have it on them too. Which of course can also be edited, but seemingly people do this to be legit and they usually get offended at editing. It's strange really.

gohan127

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ispano thanks for the tip! i went to pkhex --> trainer info--> corrected the region. and corrected all my current pokemon (no cheating, just correcting).

problem solved.

InsaneNutter

Trophies
Website
digiex.net
XP
Country
I would have probably left it as it is, your 3DS's region is now JPN and your location is the US, so it's correct.

I think you will still likely get JPN events from online mystery gifts regardless.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Find the studio rips, like a few GBs per song lol