Gaming Pokemon IV and EV training question/clarification

digipokemaster

Innocent Uke
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi i have done some reading and been trying to understand how to IV and EV train on X & Y and previous gens, but cant really say i understand it full. so i had some ( maybe alot ) of Question to ask mostly to help me understand it better and do it correctly.

1. if i had to look at a pokemon base stats if they were just hatch what would i see as being best in IV just by looking.
2. the marking symbol is for the base stats, going from left to right is hp, att, def, sp att, sp def, spd correct?
3. let say i want to breed togekiss with extreme speed air slash and aura sphere with the ability of super luck how would i breed it to get those and have perfect IV & EV?
4. what items should i use to get perfect IV & EV?
5. easiest starter to breed for perfect IV & EV training?

if i have more question hopefully you will all help me understand it

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. if i had to look at a pokemon base stats if they were just hatch what would i see as being best in IV just by looking.
IV values are invisible, but there is a man in the last city's pokemon center that will let you know which IV stats are 31 or 0.

2. the marking symbol is for the base stats, going from left to right is hp, att, def, sp att, sp def, spd correct?
They aren't "for" anything, but most people use them in that order to mark perfect IVs, yes. :)

3. let say i want to breed togekiss with extreme speed air slash and aura sphere with the ability of super luck how would i breed it to get those and have perfect IV & EV?
EVs are trained onto a pokemon, they can't be bred or passed on. IVs are randomly chosen from the second the pokemon is generated. If you have an item called "Destiny Knot", you can make the egg inherit a total of 5 IV values from the parents (meaning out of 12 values, 5 will randomly be chosen and passed down, with one being random) so it's nice to have a hacked/rng'd Ditto with six 31 IV stats as well as a nice parent for easy IV breeding. I think if you want to pass on moves, then you can't use a ditto, but I'm not sure about that.

Destiny Knot is the only thing that can guarantee IV passing, so just that.

Anything! It's all the same, though some eggs take longer to hatch than others. (Eevee and the starters come to mind)

digipokemaster

Innocent Uke
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IV values are invisible, but there is a man in the last city's pokemon center that will let you know which IV stats are 31 or 0.

They aren't "for" anything, but most people use them in that order to mark perfect IVs, yes. :)

EVs are trained onto a pokemon, they can't be bred or passed on. IVs are randomly chosen from the second the pokemon is generated. If you have an item called "Destiny Knot", you can make the egg inherit a total of 5 IV values from the parents (meaning out of 12 values, 5 will randomly be chosen and passed down, with one being random) so it's nice to have a hacked/rng'd Ditto with six 31 IV stats as well as a nice parent for easy IV breeding. I think if you want to pass on moves, then you can't use a ditto, but I'm not sure about that.

Destiny Knot is the only thing that can guarantee IV passing, so just that.

Anything! It's all the same, though some eggs take longer to hatch than others. (Eevee and the starters come to mind)

Ok thanks for the help on this where can I get another destiny knot?

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok thanks for the help on this where can I get another destiny knot?
Another, meaning you already have yours? Only one can be used at a time (If that's what you were trying to do)
Cyllage City hotel is where it's found. The maid on the second floor from the left stairs.

lordofthereef

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Small correction: moves CAN be passed on even when using Dittos for breeding. Maternal (mother) moves pass down more frequently than paternal (father) moves, so if you can be choosy, use a female of whatever pokemon you are trying to get and breed it with the Ditto. The sex of the ditto is the opposite of whatever you are breeding it with, for all intents and purposes.

lordofthereef

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Small correction: moves CAN be passed on even when using Dittos for breeding. Maternal (mother) moves pass down more frequently than paternal (father) moves, so if you can be choosy, use a female of whatever pokemon you are trying to get and breed it with the Ditto. The sex of the ditto is the opposite of whatever you are breeding it with, for all intents and purposes.

yugix

Sleepy
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Correction 2:
From Serebii.net

The way the Pokémon inherits moves are based solely upon the base form's own learnset. The parents that need to know the moves are as follows;
  • Moves in baby's Level Up: Both Parents
  • TM Moves: Father (pre-XY)
  • Egg Moves: Father
  • Move Tutor Moves: Cannot be bred
As of Pokémon X & Y, it's now also possible for the mother to pass Egg Moves down. If the mother has one of the Egg Moves of the baby, it will pass the move down.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning