OP
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJH1PzcIxBQ[/youtube]

This is the long awaited Pokemon Green Version English patch. I have searched and searched and apparently this patch has been out for a long time; it flew under my radar.

For those who don't know, Pokemon Blue was a remake of Pokemon Green; for many, many reasons, they decided to touch it up (Pokemon sprites looking ugly, songs killing children, that whole shebang). There is a lot of rumours and stories behind it.

There is a hilarious incomplete English patch somewhere, filled with Engrish. I MAY post a video of it one day, if people so desire. This patch, when applied to the CORRECT ROM, will fully translate the game into "proper" English using a majority of the Official Localization text of Red and Blue. There are a few bugs and things, and since the Japanese version of the game allows only what, 5 or 6 characters, Pokemon names have been shortened.

I know there are millions of people who wished Green version seen the light of day outside of Japan, so HERE it is! I recorded some footage up to Viridian City so people could take a look. This patch has been out since roughly 2007, so those who want it to be updated are surely out of luck (unless you want to pick the project up yourselves).

NOTE: This patch MUST ONLY be applied to the clean "Pocket Monsters - Green Version (J) (V1.0)" ROM; any other version will not work.[/p]

DO NOT ASK FOR ROMS ON GBATEMP!!!

download.gif
Download
icon11.gif
Source

Reactions: Navonod

T3GZdev

head of T3GZdev
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
iv known about this for a while, i actually have the original pokemon green version for gameboy tho.
i hope the bring the original pokemon green version to eshop or eshop 3d classic in english. id buy it all over again just to play in 3d
smile.gif

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GreatCrippler said:
Poked at it a couple of weeks ago. Seems riddled with typos. I didn't get very far in thought tbh.
You sure that was the same patch? there's a patch that's been around for years now that's riddled with typos and Engrish.

GreatCrippler

Greatness Fallen
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
GreatCrippler said:
Poked at it a couple of weeks ago. Seems riddled with typos. I didn't get very far in thought tbh.
You sure that was the same patch? there's a patch that's been around for years now that's riddled with typos and Engrish.

Was the patch found at http://www.romhacking.net/ Would have thought that was the one being referred to here.

NoOneDies

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe we can't ask for this rom as well. No warning, that's odd!

But on the other hand, I'd like to try the japanese version. Tough choice
unsure.gif

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh man, that reminds me; I still have this physical cartridge with the badly translated Pokemon Green rom in it. Got it from a friend from India.

I would post pics, but my phone is dead.
tongue.gif

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
NoOneDies said:
I believe we can't ask for this rom as well. No warning, that's odd!

But on the other hand, I'd like to try the japanese version. Tough choice
unsure.gif

I believe he was asking for the patch, not the rom
smile.gif

QUOTE(Slyakin @ Aug 15 2011, 12:30 AM) Oh man, that reminds me; I still have this physical cartridge with the badly translated Pokemon Green rom in it. Got it from a friend from India.

tongue.gif
LOL yeah, those are almost in every game store back in India and I would assume other asian countries.

I saw it a few years back in a shop in Delhi. Pokemon Chaosblack and a few other rom hacks were also there
tongue.gif

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tanveer said:
Slyakin said:
Oh man, that reminds me; I still have this physical cartridge with the badly translated Pokemon Green rom in it. Got it from a friend from India.

tongue.gif
LOL yeah, those are almost in every game store back in India and I would assume other asian countries.

I saw it a few years back in a shop in Delhi. Pokemon Chaosblack and a few other rom hacks were also there
tongue.gif
Chaos Black annoys me. It's overly popular despite the fact that it's just a mediocre hack with with Cyber-Mewtwo and gained it's popularity due to Chinese pirates selling it retail.

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
machomuu said:
Tanveer said:
Slyakin said:

tongue.gif

tongue.gif
Chaos Black annoys me. It's overly popular despite the fact that it's just a mediocre hack with with Cyber-Mewtwo and gained it's popularity due to Chinese pirates selling it retail.
If I remember correctly it was a hack by Metwo9000 or Mewthree9000(creator of cyclone prototype rom hacking tool or whatever he changed his nick into), at pretty early stage of GBA pokemon rom hacking.. so yeah it was indeed pretty mediocre with not so much added/edited.

Frigo Returns by Vladimir(The Phantom) was also overly popular back then because it was those early days. Frigo Returns was/is also available to be bought
tongue.gif

Later stages you saw hacks like Shiny Gold by zel, or hacks from Christos and other talanted hackers which made the breakthrough of the new GBA era
biggrin.gif
These days you see so many hacks lol.. its like the number of pokemon players are less than the number of hacks. I dont even bother checking out those "POKEMON XXBLABLA" threads
tongue.gif

But anyway, GBA hacking has come really far and a lot can be achieved. Cant say the same thing about the 4th and 5th gen. Its all the same.. wild pokemons edit, a few sprites changed, edited text and there you have it... A POKEMON HACK. I just lol.. could just use AR for wild pokemons and stuff? lol..

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
OP
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, you guys this isn't the HILARIOUS Engrish version, it's a proper translation.
tongue.gif

I am tossing this on my GB Doctor and playing it on real hardware; it's the only main Pokemon series game I haven't completed. It's nice to finally have the mystery cleared on this title; I remember being teased and curious my ENTIRE childhood.
tongue.gif

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Schlupi said:
Yeah, you guys this isn't the HILARIOUS Engrish version, it's a proper translation.
tongue.gif

I am tossing this on my GB Doctor and playing it on real hardware; it's the only main Pokemon series game I haven't completed. It's nice to finally have the mystery cleared on this title; I remember being teased and curious my ENTIRE childhood.
tongue.gif
I remember that one, I downloaded it when I was a little kid and wondered why the English was so bad, not knowing it was a fan translation of a Japanese-only version. Assumed this was the same one.

Schlupi

OP
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
Oh yeah. For those who have been enjoying my segments, I should have voice and video functions soon to get my more ambitious projects moving along.
happy.gif

I noticed some people have requested more front page articles on the Temp; I plan to help deliver lol.
wink.gif

Also, to those who are curious, Blake is my middle name lol. I ALWAYS use it for RPGs for some reason; I like it better than "Corey", my first name lol.

rosebunny

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well if you guys were interested the translator has a version 0.03. It has a hacked titlescreen and I believe better translation.
The rom is in the latest GoodGbc.

Schlupi

OP
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
rosebunny said:
Well if you guys were interested the translator has a version 0.03. It has a hacked titlescreen and I believe better translation.
The rom is in the latest GoodGbc.

Oh snap, I didn't know that. I wonder if it is actually "official" and from the same guy, or added from another team. :wtf: I will look into it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: