Pokemon GO Sets Century Stock Record

pokemon-go.jpg

The wildly popular mobile phenomenon Pokemon GO has set a new record for Nintendo, and it's a game it (technically speaking) didn't even make!

According to Bloomberg, Nintendo traded 476 billion yen ($4.5 billion) worth of shares on Friday, the biggest daily turnover for any company in the Topix index this century, effectively making history in the Tokyo stock market. The video game company giant surged 71 percent last week after the game became an instant hit, its largest weekly gain ever.

Screen Shot 2016-07-19 at 14.50.27.png

It seems like the hype for the game is reaping its fruits and it still has to get an official international release!

:arrow:SOURCE

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
lol pkmn go is so insanely over-hyped even though this game is actually very bad ...
I agree it's over hyped (I mean, tons of people play it in France even though it's not even out yet -.-) and that it kind of lacks features (a Pokémon game where we can't fight each other nor trade? Sounds like someone failed to read the specs before developing).

But I still think that's a better thing than Candy Crush, which is just yet another game, that could run on a calculator and asks for your money for some reason (kind of like Pokémon Picross on the 3DS, except that that one didn't make as much money as Candy Crush so that's why I speak about that instead). Pokémon Go is completely different, it's like (or "will be like", once they add features that are currently lacking) a Pokémon game but in real life, where you have Pokémons, not your trainer in your console but you. And you can go hunt Pokémons with friends instead of all being in the same room doing different stuff (which would be the case if playing the "real" Pokémon games).

So yeah, I think it does lack features and is over hyped for what it currently is, but it clearly doesn't lack potential.

jimmyleen

Trophies
XP
Country
lol pkmn go is so insanely over-hyped even though this game is actually very bad ...

Its called *the game was just released*. You want the game to be better? Than go work for Niantic.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I agree it's over hyped (I mean, tons of people play it in France even though it's not even out yet -.-) and that it kind of lacks features (a Pokémon game where we can't fight each other nor trade? Sounds like someone failed to read the specs before developing).

But I still think that's a better thing than Candy Crush, which is just yet another game, that could run on a calculator and asks for your money for some reason (kind of like Pokémon Picross on the 3DS, except that that one didn't make as much money as Candy Crush so that's why I speak about that instead). Pokémon Go is completely different, it's like (or "will be like", once they add features that are currently lacking) a Pokémon game but in real life, where you have Pokémons, not your trainer in your console but you. And you can go hunt Pokémons with friends instead of all being in the same room doing different stuff (which would be the case if playing the "real" Pokémon games).

So yeah, I think it does lack features and is over hyped for what it currently is, but it clearly doesn't lack potential.

Its called *the game was just released*. You want the game to be better? Than go work for Niantic.

Reactions: Attila13 and Zense

MsMidnight

part time fe modder
Trophies
Website
camilla.hostfree.pw
XP
Country
what do you mean? you realize the games came before the anime right?
Yes but if Ash doesn't show any time of stopping it won't stop. The Pokemon games "go" with the games so children can feel as if they are a part of Ash's journey without being there. Plus the anime/movies shows signs of new Pokemon games (Zoroark in the sinnoh movie or Lucario in the aura one and the zygarde forms)

jimmyleen

Trophies
XP
Country
Plus the anime/movies shows signs of new Pokemon games (Zoroark in the sinnoh movie or Lucario in the aura one and the zygarde forms)

But the pokemon in the movies are already in the games. In other words all they do is make movies about pokemon that are already in the games.

nolimits59

Trophies
XP
Country
France
But the pokemon in the movies are already in the games. In other words all they do is make movies about pokemon that are already in the games.
And thats the main reason the movies works; people whant to see animated version of thezir favorites pokemons, even more when they're legendaries.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This makes me sad for a few odd reasons. The first being that the app sucks. Badly. Its poorly designed and a resource hog. The second is that it's not even a game. All of the gameplay consists of swiping up to throw a ball. That's it. With results like this, Nintendo isnt going to want to make another Mario Galaxy or something that takes work or is actually fun. They are going to license out their properties into shitty ass phone apps like this one.

jimmyleen

Trophies
XP
Country
And thats the main reason the movies works; people whant to see animated version of thezir favorites pokemons, even more when they're legendaries.

I think they should make a full movie based off of the new 3ds games, but release the game and the movie at the same time.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

This makes me sad for a few odd reasons. The first being that the app sucks. Badly. Its poorly designed and a resource hog. The second is that it's not even a game. All of the gameplay consists of swiping up to throw a ball. That's it. With results like this, Nintendo isnt going to want to make another Mario Galaxy or something that takes work or is actually fun. They are going to license out their properties into shitty ass phone apps like this one.

Things that can be done to the the game over time are:

• Character customization(s)
  • Adding a story
  • trading
  • Fixing the problem of the app having the players do stupid things (trespassing on private property)
  • App crashes, server loading times, and any bugs that need to be fixed

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
And yet Nintendo earns much less money off Pokemon Go than Apple and Google, thanks to the 30 percent cut each of these two companies take from Inn-App-Purchases. Nintendo just takes 10 percent.

dragon12

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The success of Pokémon GO is good for Nintendo and all but I will only be happy when I see the profit of Pokémon GO be spent to make actual good games (preferable in a dedicated game device). Otherwise, I fear that Nintendo takes a liking to all that mobile crap. :unsure:

Last edited by dragon12,

0nethe

Trophies
XP
Country
Mali
And it is not available everywhere yet, not even in Japan (Lot of Pokefan there are angry cuz everybody is getting it but them, lol).

Silverthorn

Spiky!
Trophies
XP
Country
France

I share the same feeling. Added with the fact that Nintendo has been doing stupid shit for a while now, but somehow every time they get this random lucky hit that allows them to keep on wasting away a lot of their time and IPs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: