Pokemon GO discussion thread

nxwing

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Discuss here. I'll be keeping important stuff in the OP

• There are 151 Pokemon data files in the game. All are the originalGen I Pokemon, unfortunately. Classed into normal, legendary, and mythic.

• In the field test, you start with no Pokemon.

• 232 moves, 95 of which are 'quick' moves. These include moves that are not in the game in the original RBY games e.g. Moonblast. THERE MAY BE 2 MOVES PER POKEMON (Warning: this is not directly confirmed, only implied.)

• Someone found a dodge function. Moves may not have 100% accuracy.

• Badges = Achievements. Includes: Walking a certain distance (Ingress Trekker), Pokedex entries, Pokemon Captures, Forts(Gyms?) defeated (Ingress Liberator?), Evolved, Hatched, Encounters, Pokestops visited(Ingress Hacker?), Unique Pokestops(Ingress Explorer), Pokeball thrown.

• 7 "natures" have been discovered in the game. These are Stoic, Guardian, Assassin, Raider, Protector, Sentry, and Champion.

• All Pokemon types, including Fairy, Dark, and Steel, are included in the files.

• Evolution works by collecting "evolution shards" from wild Pokemon to get "evolution stones". May or may not be unique for each Pokemon.

• The game keeps track of several factors like Ingress, including distance walked, eggs hatched, etc. This might affect, say, egg-hatching.

• There will be trainer customization. Example skin. There are in total 52 items (23,328 unique combinations)

• A variable related to the PokeNav has been found.

• IAPs spotted include "ball", "medicine", "food" bundles and "gem" packs. There are 4 tiers.

• Items include Pokeballs, Potions, Max Revive, 3 battle items, and 5 types of Berries (Razz, Bluk, Nanab, Pinap, Wepear). All these berries are introduced in Gen III, and they have no battle effects in the main game. Separated into 6 categories: Pokeball, Food(berries?), Medicine, Boost, Utilities, Camera.

• The trainer level cap seems to be at 50 for now. Inventory limit is 1000 for items, and 500 for Pokemon and eggs.

• The menu includes the Pokedex, Pokemon, and Items. Game engine is built on Unity.

• The teams are blue, red, and yellow.

• DAMAGE variables are included in the files. Also: "PokemonAttack baseDef indivDef PokemonDefense". CPs seem to be unique to each individual Pokemon, and higher CP means a harder catch. Most likely stands for "Combat Points".

• A variable called "Gym Points" was found. No idea what this means.

• Biomes (courtesy of /u/DonniesCatch) can be found, including locations like "Train Station" or "Hospital". Separate biomes seem to have different backgrounds for Pokemon encounters/gym battles.Bonus pic.

• From the game map screenshots, there seem to be a day-night cycle.

Last edited by nxwing,

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'm an avid Ingress player (Enlightened Rocks, Smurfs gtfo)
and as far as the info comes it seems a LOT like a version of Ingress with Pokémon, and it's so cool.

• Resonators= Pokémon
  • Portals = Gyms
  • Pokémon Stores = Hacking Portals to get Items
  • Pokémon Gym Battles = Atacking Portals
  • Put Pokémon in your Gyms = Deploy Resonators.

See my point? And the most interesting part is that Pokémon Go will have three teams instead of two (Ingress has Enlighteneed and Resistance.

Reactions: nxwing

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.